Auxiliary LED Lights - MondoMotos

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by The Toad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. The Toad

The Toad on the go since...wait. where am I ?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update.

-Brian
  2. The Toad

Oddometer:
    BMW owners have had success using the method below:

To avoid the canbus (no adapter required), connect ring terminals (main harness) to the battery and then tap into the small parking light bulb for the switch / relay trigger, or posi-tap the trigger wire to the positive side of the accessory socket.

Its not recommend to tap into the bike's wiring harness or the headlight harness to power the lights directly because if there's any electrical fault with the bike, the dealer will immediately blame you for cutting into the bike's harness.

thanks,
    -Brian
  3. rider257

rider257 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys. Will be placing a order shortly
  4. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Got mine today, can't wait to mount them tomorrow when I have a couple free hours. I did a test hookup with a spare battery and they work. The wiring harness is stupid simple. You guys did a wonderful job there, as you already know from rave reviews.

If I need to fish the lead coming from the light into a small hole through which the connector itself won't fit, would you recommend just cutting, feeding through the hole, then splicing back together to reattach the connector? I'm hoping to find a better place where that won't be necessary, but if I use the mirror perches, I see no other way to get the wire through.

Thanks!
  5. John_L

John_L Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my lights a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quick shipping, something like two days after ordering.

Packaging was fantastic, instructions on website clear.

Ran into one snag with what appears to be a malfunctioning switch. Brian had a new one out to me in no time flat.

Haven't had a chance to use them in the dark or get them aligned but just wanted to say Kudo's to MondoMotos for a great looking affordable kit and fantastic customer service.

Here's some pics.

Can see them mounted up under the stem just barely here. Pic from yesterday's ride.

[​IMG]

and another closer up. Strange color on lights is from the flash on my iphone due to backlighting.

[​IMG]

Wired main harness straight to battery as suggested. Relay and fuse tucked in skid plate.

[​IMG]

From there wiring ran up the inside of the tank. I used the little cable clips you get at the hardware store to secure to the inside of the tank. Simply unclip if needing to take the tank off. I've used these clips before and they tend to hold great after cleaning the plastic with rubbing alcohol.

[​IMG]

Switched mounted pretty well to the front of the brake lever / mirror mount and although I don't have a picture of it, the rest of the harness tucked nicely up under the speedo area of the dash after being zipped tied.

[​IMG]
  6. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    I found the perfect(I think) spot on my Bandit 1250. The lower bolt on each side of the radiator brackets. Made sure to route the wires out of harm's way. The harness, as I said before, was great. Jut the right length(s). Popped the switch onto the top of the Brake reservoir.

My only issue is the switch seems it little wonky. Maybe just my version. Gets stuck between on and off very easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Just installed my MM10's this weekend. Apart from having to drill out the included bracket to accommodate an M8 bolt, installation was straightforward. For my bike, the included harness had ample wire leftover which I just bundled up using some zip ties and hid beneath the gas tank.

Much thanks to team at MondoMoto's for setting me up with such affordable auxiliary lights.
  8. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am considering these for my 2009 Bonneville T100 and mounting them on the forks using the existing fender mounts. Has anyone done this? Any pics?

I have been searching for some aux lights for my Bonnie that aren't too big for a while and these look like what I have been searching for.

Thanks in advance.

Rick G
  9. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late reply, we had gone riding over the long weekend.

I wouldnt recommend cutting the wires unless you have the proper tools/pieces to rejoin them properly. If you do/did cut then be sure the unions are properly shielded from the elements and from each other (shorting/grounding).

thanks,
    -Brian
  10. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting all the pics and your feedback :beer

-Brian
  11. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Send Kris an email (info@mondomotos.com) and she can get a replacement switch on the way to you.

Thanks for the follow and the pics :thumb
    -Brian
  12. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the review and the pics. :thumb
    -Brian
  13. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Mounting the lights low on the forks is a popular option, I dont have any pics of them on the Bonnie, but I do have them mounted there on my Tiger 800 (as well as a second set up by the headlight).

Thanks,
    -Brian
  14. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm having the same issues as EvanADV, my switch gets stuck in between.

Here are my pics on my strom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Send Kris an email - info@mondomotos.com and she will send a replacement switch to you.

Thanks for posting the pics :thumb

-Brian
  16. caffeinated

caffeinated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question. One of my MM10's flashes after the bike is off. They go through a Skene IQ-170 dimmer. They are wired to switch off with the bike and have been working fine for a few months, but now this blinking. Is there a short in the system? water? dimmer no good?

I plan on pulling the plastic and checking the wiring tonight, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue?
  17. The Toad

Oddometer:
    If the light is flashing when the bike is off, then it is somehow getting power when it shouldnt. Off the top of my head I'd guess something is causing a surge after the bike has been turned off? First guess would be the controller, but thats just a guess. Not sure why it would just be in one of the lights though?

-Brian
  18. tobbik

tobbik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The skeen controller has 2 separate and dedicated outputs, one per light. So I would look into the controller.
  19. caffeinated

caffeinated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ah yes, each light's ground goes to the Skene controller.
  20. Wisconsinkris

Wisconsinkris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Swap the lights on the output.

If it follows the light, the light or cable has issue.

If it moves to the other light it is the skeene