Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. nomadb

nomadb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same question from here? Where did you get the plastic? They look great!
  2. icebergstu

icebergstu ADV Ninja

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bloody white plastics copy cat! ;)

Had mine on over a year ago!

Love that headlight with screen though...link please!

Stu

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  3. AWAC

AWAC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked up this 2007 TE610 about a month ago. I took it to Hall's cycle (Absolutely the best bike shop I have ever known) for a check up, suspension set up and a bit of farkling. I am really happy with it so far. I will put it through the paces soon , but I think it will be a great bike. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  4. Hoder

Hoder Card carrying greeny

Oddometer:
    White plastic from Halls. I went with an aftermarket front - the stock Husky let too much mud fly up in front. I'm not sure this one's any better though - if I did it again I'd probably get the stock fender and fab a front mud flap.

Oh yeah? I put mine on in 2008! Front lights and screen are a Lynx from http://www.britanniacomposites.com/
  5. aaron2a

aaron2a supermoto hooligan

Oddometer:

^^^ wtf... It looked right at first. Was I Hacked?? I don't even have that photo.

Is this a sign that I'm not supposed to post their diagram?
  6. aaron2a

Oddometer:
    It took a couple days for it to show up as speakers instead of the diagram.
  7. Zman1

Zman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked my TE610 up this morning. It had sat in my buddies lean-to shed for awhile (the plates expired in March of 2009). I was at his place in July of 2012 to ride a little and in 5 hours we had it running for about 5 minutes. I was showing it to another buddy this afternoon and realized that the carb had slipped out of the intake boot and the boot to the air box had cracked. It has sat for so long that what gas was in there has long since evaporated. I re-seated the carb, sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb, put some fresh gas in it, turned the gas on and............. it flowed out the overflow. So I guess I will be pulling the carbs off and cleaning them up. I did get it to fire and run a couple of seconds on starting fluid!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. EricMN

EricMN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice bike, wish I had that seat. You should get a skid plate for it. These are awesome bikes, you'll like it.
  9. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you hot link it or save it on a photo hosting service and link from there? I know some businesses monitor their site traffic, and if they see a bunch of traffic all of a suddon on one of their photos, they'll find out where it's hot linked and take such measures.

I have one friend who had that happen to one of his photos, and figured out it was a competitor hot linking to a product photo on his site. So he replaced the photo with an ad for his own business. Great guy! :deal:clap
  10. aaron2a

Oddometer:
    I'm posting it through tapatalk from my iphone.

Let's try again
    [​IMG]
  11. aaron2a

Oddometer:
    That's the first time that's happened and I've posted other pics since then that worked fine. I thought maybe a mod changed it because of a copyright or something.
  12. Zman1

Zman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I messed with the Husky today after soaking the carbs in PineSol overnight and replacing the fuel lines. I did get it to run but it would not idle unless the choke is pulled all the way out. Any ideas as to what it might be? Carbs kinda scare me!
  13. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Air leak somewhere??
  14. Zman1

Zman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Possible. I did notice some dry rot cracking on the carb boot but I thought it was just on the outside and did not go all the way through. Next time I have it running I will spray some carb cleaner or ether around the boot to check for air leakage. Thanks!
  15. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pilot jet? You need to pull it and make sure you can see through it. My Husky is FI but a "only idle with the choke on" is classic plugged idle jet.

Assuming it runs okay off idle?
  16. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The boots are about $90, unfortunately. Mine was cracked most of the way through, not all the way, so it's "repaired" with black RTV for now. Need to buy a new one.
  17. Zman1

Zman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does run well off idle. I did not pull the pilot jet when I spake the carbs. That could be it. I know the bottom of the bowl looked like it had molasses in it.

I had to use some SealAll to rebuild/firm-up the air box boot so I figured I might put a layer or two on the intake boot to seal it
  18. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Hey All,

I need a diagnosis (2008 Husky TE 610, 7 K miles (FI)). She's bogging and making a tinkling sound when I mash the throttle in 5th and 6th gear. I can't figure this out. She pulls strong and hard in all rpms in gears 1 through 4 (without bogging and tinkling), and the bike still easily cruises at 80 mph even in gear 6, but I've noticed a bog and tinkling sound when I romp on the throttle in those top gears.

I pulled the CCT and counted 7 or 8 ridges showing, so I should still have some room left there. I've noticed some gas residue, or something moist, near the rubber boot that connects the FI/Air system to the top portion of the engine. Perhaps I have a vacuum leak or something.

I haven't adjusted the valves yet, so that is on the list of things to do in the near future.

This bogging has appeared within the last 300 miles or so, and the tinkling has been around the last 2 k miles, but it is getting more frequent as time goes by, but only in gears 5 and 6 (I assume when the motor is having to do the most work).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  19. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Thanks Taranis. Read the whole thing. It does get worse as she heats up. Going to change spark plug first then check the valves too.

I've also noticed she idles higher after warming up too. This never used to happen. Could be the effects of pinging.