Not dead yet - The video Series

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkgrichard

elkgrichard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the Little Big Horn...just went through that area a few years ago, love the history. One thing struck me strange that day at the entry gate...an Indian collected my money to get into the place. That whole day i didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts and think about what was going through those guys heads that last day of their life. Having served in war it had some type of strange profound affect on me. I could feel the spirit of those men with me that entire day. I've had a couple other people tell me they felt something there unexplainable..
  2. Oisin

Oisin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A doctor friend of mine recommended superglue... if you get a gash that needs a stitch you can superglue it together... thankfully never got to try that one out!! :-) :freaky
  3. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words about the Canadian Rockys. When someone who's seen as much of the world as you have speaks so highly of it, it really makes me appreciate my back yard even more.
    For all people for all time sums it up nicely.
  4. elkgrichard

elkgrichard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The best video yet...you had me reaching for my seat belt with that zap hyper space thing and a couple other little tricks you put into that video.
    You're turning into a video Star Wars type big guy.

I'm thinking you got something up your sleeve for the little bighorn.

Only thing missing..the concession stand with the ten dollar coke and popcorn.
  5. Imbeek

Imbeek n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow.

Thanks!
  6. PlanetBikers

PlanetBikers n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice video, will wait for more !!!

:thumb
  7. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes for sure. My understanding is that the original design creation for superglue was for closing wounds. The only difference from store bought superglue and the surgical superglue in hospital is they add a color dye to the medical glue so we can see where we put it. (I'd hate to get stuck to the patient). LOL.

Great advice, glad you never needed it either.

Love your blog. Cannot wait for more
  8. Dracula

Dracula Fat Griso & The Ape Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just finished watching your 30 th episode. Great work, and really enjoy your commentaries. As side note, last year next day after Canada's day I was passing through after having camped some 30 km South of Jasper (all hotels were fully booked and I barely found a tent spot given that it was Canada day). Some pictures are in my RR blog below. I had done it a year before as well, last time accompanied by ex wife just few months before unbeknownst to me she decided to divorce after 25 years together.
    So for all it's beauty, I was overwhelmed with this heavy feeling of remembrance of my past life, that made me speed through it. I know that's screwed up. I got a hefty speeding fine doing around 75 mph (I think speed limit is 90 kph IIRC)

Keep up the good work. Am also reading your second book. I hope you are making decent profit with the e-books so you can travel and post some more.

Cheers,
    Vic
  9. LivnLif2TheFulst

LivnLif2TheFulst An Adventurous Soul

Oddometer:
    BRILLIANT!!! Just brilliant Oisin.... :clap The videos of your trip are "Better" than Long Way Round.... Yours are more Honest as an Adventure Ride, No Backup Crew, No Fixers at each boarder.... just a True Adventure

In fact I think your videos are so good this is my "First" Adventure Rider Post... I've watch all 30 posted, I look forward to others. Can't wait to watch them all again...

Thank you so much for sharing,

Cheers,

Elvis
  10. GoinPostal

GoinPostal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your fantastic adventure in this format. Now I've got to try it myself. :clap
  11. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oisin thank you for;
    Taking the time to record our trip
    Your wonderful insights and commentary, and
    Sharing all of the above with us

Have you been down here to New Zealand? If you do come this way let us know :-)

Mike
  12. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed ....IT's FRIDAY......maybe another installment....?????:evil:clap
  13. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm just curious.....how many of us have bought his two books yet? I have them both on Kindle.....excellent and cheap!:deal:clap

This is one guy I do not mind helping out to possibly fuel his next adventure.....:freaky
  14. GoinPostal

GoinPostal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 on that!!
  15. RokLobster

RokLobster Far from sanity

Oddometer:
    Another +1.....

Oisin, I have laughed out loud reading Not Dead Yet and you have made my husband cringe with your, ahem, "issue", that you had, which involved scissors and......well, you know. :rofl:rofl

Keep the videos coming, the story is like a drug, can't wait for more.

Thanks!
  16. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn....I just found out it's NOT friday!.....damn it's hard not working....lol.
    How embarrassing......lol.

Oisin you have the power to stick your own thread don't you? If so...DO IT!!!:deal

Sitting here impatiently waiting......augh!!!!!
  17. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    another +1
  18. Bull

Bull Bull

Oddometer:
    i just ordered both books in paperback one from amazon and one from lulu we need to get rid of that 2 star rating from amazon bump it up ! again thanks for all your hard work it's guys like you and rtw that keep the fire burning in me to continue riding after being partially paralyzed in my rt shoulder and arm, keep up the excellent work :clap

Ride Safe, Bull
  19. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Are you in Arizona?
    Figures they flew me to Pennsylvania for two weeks.

Enjoy the warm, it's still winter out here.
  20. h2oboy

h2oboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, he's in Az. Company is going to ship him up to Oregon next Jan. He gets to suffer through the heat of the summer in the desert then get shipped up here for the wet season. I'd demand that schedule be reversed if I was him :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.