High Tech Fuse Block

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by craftycoder, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Is it limited to only 8 outputs or could more be added?
  2. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    Eight outputs is all you are getting with this device, BUT because 15A is a ton of current you can easily put lots of loads on one circuit so long as they all need to be on and off at the same time.
  3. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was wondering how difficult it would be to set it up for skins / themes. Must not be difficult, the way you keep throwing them around. I'd pick one for initial release and run with it- updates / themability / skinability can be kickstarter "wish levels" and/or firmware upgrades (why else did you put so much work into that?)
  4. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    A KLR has (IIRC) three fuses total...
  5. DJFireUSA

DJFireUSA 2Fast4U

Oddometer:
    Any idea what these are going to cost us?
  6. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    That is the plan.
  7. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    The KLR has electricity on it? When did they upgrade it with the fancy stuff? Now the cost will go up and those that can only afford won't be able to anymore.:D
  8. OaklandStrom

OaklandStrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    This looks really cool, and I've been following the development. I know that I won't be buying one for my current bike, as I have the electrical sorted out. I also assume it's going to cost enough that I'm not just throwing away all the gear I have.

Then I realized how much I have spent on my bike for electrical controllers:
    $0 - heated grips - the controller was "free" because it came with the grips, but I'd like to have more control than low & hi
    $70 - heater jacket controller
    $50 - Skene design LED light controller (dims them LEDs when the low beams are on)
    $60 - Eastern Beaver fuse panel

So I've spent $180 on a fairly minimal setup. All of these are good products, and I'm more than happy to have Easter Beaver, Warn n Safe and Skene products on my bike. I also realize that to add anything to the system (heated pants?) will cost me another controller.

Having everything together in a single package would be easier for installation, wire routing and probably cost about the same.

Next bike...
  9. nvklr

nvklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buy 2, or 10. :lol3
  10. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    It would be nice and may already be possible... to have the output flash... LED flashers made easy and a simple way to put hazard flashers on any bike that is not set up that way from the factory.
  11. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    It is already in there. You can set a output to blink
  12. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet. When does the kickstarter open up?
  13. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    Within the next 3 weeks I think. I've got some other business to attend to this week, but next week I am going to shoot the Kickstarter video. Then it takes about a week for Kickstarter to approve the pitch and then it will be online. The list of things left to do is very short. I would feel a lot more confident that this is going to happen if the pitch video had thousands of views rather than hundreds though. I'd like to ask you guys to spread the word among your friends. Post about it on other forums. I need your help to get the excitement and interest up. The audience is bigger than motorcycles. Show cars, race cars, Sprinters, snow machines, and 4x4s will be into this. If you are part of any of these communities, I could really use your help spreading the word.

http://www.motobrain.net
    http://www.facebook.com/motobrain.net
  14. madpuma13

madpuma13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You don't sound confident you're going to get funded. As awesome as this thing is I check it on a daily basis for the Kickstarter just to make sure I can get in it.

You've got a really good product that doesn't have direct competition(at least I can't find anything that will do what this thing does).

I know I'll be one of the first ones to sign up to get it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  15. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    It doesn't matter how cool it is. If the only people who know about it are the ones I tell, it will fail. Word needs to be spread far and wide and I can't be the one to do it. I'm a known quantity here at ADV. If I were to post about this on some other forum that I'm not a regular at it will just get deleted and I'll be banned for soliciting. I can't even blame them for doing it. I need y'all to talk about it. Share the facebook page with your people, write stories about it on your blogs or other favorite forums. I'm doing my part with the engineering. I'm even meeting with reporters and trying to get some press for the Kickstarter. That sort of thing may pay dividends but it may not. The only thing that I know will work is if my facebook page has 1000s of likes and the youtube video has 1000s of views. If those things are true then I know we succeed. I'm full steam ahead. Come along for the ride!
  16. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I posted on st-owners.com earlier this year and just posted an update today.

Seems like the sport-touring guys would really get into something like the motobrain.
  17. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    That post has made a measurable impact on the traffic to the website over the months. Thank you very much Yosso!
  18. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    stromtrooper and my2wheels sites also.
  19. Texcollect

Texcollect Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I'll post the kickstarter information on both the FZ6-Forum and Two Wheeled Texans.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk HD
  20. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    Thank you! We had an eight fold increase in traffic at the website yesterday. That was all you guys. Keep it up! I'm ready for another eight fold increase today.:freaky