Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. MikeinFresno

MikeinFresno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see there isnt much response to my post about a good dirt loop. So I will ask again-is this gonna be a dual sport ride or a dirt ride?
  2. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, This ride will be whatever we want it to be, there will be plenty of dirt loops for sure. It is not a sightseeing tour! Like you said, there hasn't been much response yet, hopefully we will get some more riders lined up.:deal
  3. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    I don't know about KTM, but the 1X stays with JCR Honda for another year. Ouch!
  4. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    So wish I could go...

JP - Just moved my mom into her new house. Was supposed to be an all weekend thing, but got 75% done last night... If I finish tonight who knows maybe I will show up. Make sure you post meet n greet location and time and don't wait up for me.

When you say technical - do you mean less technical then the last time I drug ben through the ringer or more technical... heheh.

~

Michael
  5. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Michael, it's three weeks away, keep workin' it, maybe you will be able to go! We have room in the truck/trailer if you want to ride with us.
  6. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Ok Layne - can you translate that for me? :rofl

Gonna get me busted... I will keep in touch. Speaking of ... are yall departing on the 10th or the 9th after work?
  7. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    KTM entered a bike in the baja 1000, it made it 250 miles before the engine blew. A Honda team won it again for the 14th time in a row. That's what that meant. Ride Red!
  8. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    gonna shoot for the ninth, after work.
  9. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    For the roadracers out there:
    American (and king of Willow Springs) Jeremy Toye finished on the podium at the 44th Macau Invitational. That's a real roadrace run on public streets with no run-off.
    Cheers-
    Tom
  10. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
  11. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
  12. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Looks like we have 5 on the IN list with 3 on maybe list so far....anyone else? Chip says the football field is a great place to camp.
  13. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Heh I don't doubt it. Sounds about right, but was that a sponsored KTM vehicle (aka team KTM) or like an urban legend usually begins was that some dude that has his head up his arse enters un-sponsored with 16k miles on the top end of his 525?

K, if you leave on the ninth AND you have the room AND I wont be taking someone else's spot I might be able to have you trailer my gear/machine out there, ride the CBR out there with ya on the 10th, pack up the 530 and gear on the 10th camp that night with ya then make tracks early on the 11th (and have who ever is trailering haul my gear back to be recovered later) to be home in time for familial obligations. I will post on the other thread when I know for sure.

Do you have an enclosed trailer PCVance or an open trailer?

~

Michael
  14. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    Mike, there is actually an article about it online, i don't have the link though. KTM wouldn't sponsor the team, just like they wouldn't sponsor the guys for the "long way round" movie. So a plumbing co. and others such as FMF and a couple more helped these guys along. They had 5 very experienced riders for the team, and a complete crew, tons of work to the bike, and so forth. Long story short, if the team didn't win, then it was all for nothing, sad story actually, because a small time plumber lost big on this one.
    At least they tried though. Kawasaki didn't even enter a bike this year after last years 20 second loss.

15. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
    Hey Bob, long time brother! I've been busier than the proverbial one-legged man........but we should hook up for another ride; maybe Rio in May? I'm going to try and make Dec 10-12 with these miscreants, provided I have time to get a bike going.
    Cheers-
    Tom
  16. tr1200

tr1200 High Side

Oddometer:
  17. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last Tues. I finally made the trip from Soaproot Saddle out through Sycamore. Nice! The creek crossing looked very familiar from some of the videos.:D Just alot less water.:lol3 Sycamore is only about 5 min from my house so this is going to be my quick access to the dirt in the future.

JP thanks for the heads up on this.

Been gone the last couple of weeks raising hell with the Elk in CO. Ready to do some mud flinging. Let me know when you guys are going back out for the low elevation dirt.

Scrambleon
  18. redwave

redwave well...seasoned noob

Oddometer:
    (center of the known riding world) Utah for now
    Finally got a stinkin' job in So. Cal. for awhile. Lots of over$ime :1drink , maybe till around Christmas. So I won't be riding with ya soon but I'll be back and we might do some low elevation- say, Raymond? :wink:

ride hard ride fast don't break anything...

Dave
  19. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Ben & I did some low alt riding on Friday before the storms rolled through........weather & conditions were perfect!:clap We rode Ashlan, Maxon, Trimmer Springs & hit dirt at Big Creek rd. Explored some off shoots on Soaproot Saddle & then out to Sycamore Creek & the Indian Res for the way home.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JP
  20. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice ride, sucks I had to be at work.