NEED ADVICE: Rustic Mountain Wedding Venues?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by CRSpeedy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. CRSpeedy

CRSpeedy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow inmates,

The time has come to tie the knot with the gal of my dreams, and after proposing inside the Alderfer Barn in Evergreen this summer (she said yes!), the wedding planning has begun.

We were initially planning on having the wedding at our home in Conifer, but with only one acre to work with and little room for parking, we're not sure if it's feasible. So I thought I would turn to fellow riders and get some recommendations from you all.

We're looking for a rustic mountain wedding, with the focus being on a casual atmosphere and scenic views. We're also young (25) and having just bought our first home (and a ring), our budget is pretty tight—we're hoping to stay below $2,000 for the venue. We're planning on around 120 guests, a pig roast dinner, a s'mores saloon and spiked apple cider bar, cowboy boots, etc. The date will be September 2014 (exact day TBD).

If anyone knows of any affordable venues (or heck, if anyone owns a little piece of land that we could pay a fellow inmate to rent for the day), we would love to hear it :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. KingJeff

KingJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations!

I don't know what their rates are, but we had a great rustic wedding there, um, 12 years ago and it was a great location. Awesome views, rooms on site, and the food was great. They were very accommodating.
  3. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. hook0924

hook0924 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. markamazing

markamazing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crags Lodge? I got married there, not sure about the cost but was very nice.
  6. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Sorry, no suggestion, but love the pics. :clap
  7. Bobmentum

Bobmentum RMTA

Oddometer:
    I recently went to a nice wedding at Casey's barn near Rainbow Falls - north out of Woodland Park on 67 (or South on 67 from Lakewood). Apparently, the owners of Casey's Lumber put up the barn for their daughter's wedding or so I have heard.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBarnAtCaseys

[​IMG]
  8. PrairieRider

PrairieRider Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer:
    Snowy Range Lodge west of Laramie, for day use only. Plenty of room for dancing in side. Large grounds with a pond. Some hotels nearby in Centennial and many more in Laramie (~30 miles east). Can accommodate a couple of hundred. If you would like more info, pm me your email addy and I can send some pics and contact info.
  9. Patj551

Patj551 Motorcycle & Empowerment Coach

Oddometer:
    Congratulations! You might google "Arapahoe National Recreation Area barn". The "AA Barn" is located in the river that feeds into Shadow Mtn Reservoir up by Granby. You can rent the barn for $100 day. It's incredibly beautiful! I attended a wedding there 4 years ago and a pair of Osprey flew directly overhead in the middle of the ceremony. I took it as a good omen! Best of luck to you!
  10. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    I know another couple that got married there as well. Seems like a nice venue.

11. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Great pics.

I'd imagine you already know living in Conifer, but I'd shoot for early Sept. Mid-Sept can be snow and face-peeling wind in teh mountains.
  12. MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark (oYo)

Oddometer:
  13. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    The Tigiwon Lodge above Minturn might be an option. it is a forest service lodge you can rent. Porta potties and you would need to haul your own water, etc..but I think it is still available fairly cheap. Good views. Downside is then the cost of everyone staying in the Vail Valley..
  14. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    I got nothing in the Venue Menu......but I would like to say Congratulations anyway.......young, in love and starting out.......brings back some great memories.......31.5 years later.......and one son your age......Enjoy your youth, it slides past you very quickly......:clap:clap:clap
  15. MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark (oYo)

Oddometer:
    This is a good suggestion. If you book it, I can help finding reasonable lodging in the area depending on how many people. Keep in mind, it is very primitive. AKA, just a stone lodge, nothing else. It's called the Tigiwon Community House.
  16. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Fatwife and I got married at the Blue Lake Ranch in Durango. We are out in the sticks but I recommend it! It fits your requirements if you want a rustic venue.
  17. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Fatwife and I got married at the Blue Lake Ranch in Durango. We are out in the sticks but I recommend it! It fits your requirements if you want a rustic venue. We are happy with our marriage.
  18. CRSpeedy

CRSpeedy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love it! Thanks for all of the congrats and well wishes, and thanks for all of the great ideas on venues. I knew I could count on fellow inmates, but I never anticipated so many options that we had never even considered.

The fiance and I are spending all of tomorrow going venue scouting, and the list is comprised entirely of the recommendations posted here. I'm certain that one of them is going to suit us perfect, so I'll keep you all posted with the outcome.

Now I just need to round up some cans to drag behind the KLR and my part of the wedding planning will be a wrap :freaky
  19. MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark (oYo)

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind Tigiwon and Piney are snowed in now. Kinda comes with the territory.
  20. hughesatron

hughesatron Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got married here 5 years ago. It was pretty much perfect.