October Fall Colors Ride Oct 2012, GillaPunk Rules

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by GillaFunk, Jul 11, 2012.

1. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    I came into camp Thursday afternoon with local goldwinger Tommy. Scottmac and JStory were already there. The weather this year was superior! Warm days, cool nights without getting too hot or cold. Couldn't have been better, in fact.
    Friday more of the FFs showed up. Here's GoldenTaco (unpacking his pretend GS in the background), JStory, Treadless, Tommy and Scottmac (way in the background by his pickup) in camp discussing the next move:
    [​IMG]

Here's Mikes commentary on what the next move should be: (Tommy apparently got quite excited over this idea)
    [​IMG]

Gillipunk himself showed up late Friday afternoon, and gave Scottmac a lesson on how to blow smoke....
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of smoke.. many thanks to Scottmac for bringing a truckload of wood and a cooler full of food :freaky:clap

The normal shennanigans prevailed around the campfire, with the addition of "Giant Jenga". Here's His Funkiness getting some wood himself:
    [​IMG]

Jstory, Tommy and I took off Saturday to see what we had come to see.. the Fall colors in the Sierra. We were not disappointed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a great ride home on Sunday. Still excellent weather. Rode down 49 to Moccasin, then up Hwy 120 to Priest-Coulterville Road and in the 'back way' to Coulterville, then up the Little Dragon to Mariposa and out of the foothills via Ben Hur Road to Raymond. Then across the valley and home.

Me at the top of the Little Dragon:
    [​IMG]
  2. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Great pics Walt :clap
  3. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Garry. It was a fun weekend. You would have enjoyed it too!
  4. scottmac

scottmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are a few more pics from the weekend including some from our walk up the North Grove trail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice photos!
  6. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy I like pussy

Oddometer:
    Dang, lookz like another epic Gilla peuke ride my wimpy ass dun missed.

[​IMG]
  7. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    don't i know it, I f-ed up my plans and I would have much rather been in camp than where I was.
  8. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Well, since you dont CAMP.......
  9. dyvking

Oddometer:
    GF did a good job on picking the right weekend, that's for sure. Kudos to Kiel for doing the legwork and orgasmizing of the event. It all worked out pretty well except for the raccoons and the pukey tent thing:D
  10. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    We didn't take too many pics and admittedly most were of the little guy, but here are a couple from camp.

It really was fun to hang out with everyone- even if for a really short time. We're working the kinks out in the mobile tenement and hopefully by the time DVDaze rolls around (and certainly by the time for WARPED) I'll be able to load one bike up front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've had conversations with Hollywood about him not being as worthless next time so Kiel can be protected from the attack racoons...
  11. dyvking

Oddometer:
    ...and here I thought it was KIEL that would defend the rest of us, including poor lil' ol' Hollywood! :lol3

-ps... that is one well-cared for, and obviously happy baby. Kudos to the 3 of you for the good parenting. Not bad for beginners!
  12. scottmac

scottmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The good thing is if the little guy likes camping now it should only get better as time goes by!:clap
  13. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    He is truly happiest when he is outside. When he would fuss right after we got back from Germany, I'd just walk out into the back yard and he would stare at the trees as the breeze went through them. He's already spent a bunch of time with me in the garage and heard most of the tools (except the welder and cutoff wheel for obvious reasons) and he loves it.

I'll be excited to get him on a bike and get started there.

Walt, thanks so much for the compliment. It means a lot when someone who has lived so much says something so nice. We are trying really hard and are very blessed with such a healthy young man.
  14. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    3? What....you think the dog is a 'parent'?

Jesus...you ARE getting senile in your old age Walt. Get a hold of yourself, man!

:freaky
  15. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Oh, you poor child. Maybe you'll turn out just fine, anyway. :lol3
  16. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I liked this one. He looks at home with his surroundings. Hoping you guys get a lot of use out of the trailer.
  17. goldentaco

goldentaco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Humph. I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. Probably go with not since I'm too busy wiping off the 60 miles dirt that attached itself to my bike on the ride home. GP thanks for organizing this get together. I had a great time as always. Gary thanks for the tour.

It appears the Raccoon attacked a few of us. I was woken up at 5:30 by 10 needles fapping my head. I still have two bloody scars and four 7 holes in my tent from the little daemon. He must have gotten instadrunk of the pukey tent buffet. I didn't get any pics of basecamp but did take some on the way home.

Here are a few teasers...More to come tonight.

Link to interactive map...kind of fun and geeky. Statistics mode in video shows elevation profiles and stuffs.

<h2><a href="http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1844934">Big Trees- Bodie DS</a></h2> <object width="800" height="600" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://www.everytrail.com/swf/widget.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="units=english&mode=0&key=ABQIAAAA_7wvFEi7gGngCZrOfos63hSN1xyBy-BzBD--25ZLXpVi3GfbehTQlZCXdpUFII2A5CGeExVTCyX1ow&tripId=1844934&startLat=38.277778029&startLon=-120.308824992&mapType=Terrain&"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.everytrail.com/swf/widget.swf" quality="high" width="400" height="300" FlashVars="units=english&mode=0&key=ABQIAAAA_7wvFEi7gGngCZrOfos63hSN1xyBy-BzBD--25ZLXpVi3GfbehTQlZCXdpUFII2A5CGeExVTCyX1ow&tripId=1844934&startLat=38.277778029&startLon=-120.308824992&mapType=Terrain&" play="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object><br/>EveryTrail - Find the <a href="http://www.everytrail.com/best/hiking-california">best hikes in California</a> and beyond<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.everytrail.com/trip/widgetimpression?trip_id=1844934"></script>

Heading down from Bodie via Aurora Canyon
    [​IMG]

Ridiing up Bodie Rd. from the East.
    [​IMG]

Bodie with new and improved 1's and 0's
    [​IMG]

J
  18. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    DOOODE...those are some epic awsesome pics! Well done!:deal :clap
  19. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just saw this, nice pics everybody!
    I have a question for LTS, did you go to one of those health spas in Germany? you look 30 years younger!:lol3

[​IMG]

Congratulations on the family addition and being back in the good ole USA
  20. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the compliment that you think I would only have to lose 30 years to get to be the same as little man! :freaky :lol3

But in actuality, all Germany did was give me some gray hairs. We're working on getting back into the swing of life here and thus far are doing pretty well with the new adventure equipment. The boss seems pretty happy with the camper and it makes taking care of the baby MUCH easier. Now I just need to get the mounting system for a dirt bike on the front tray, and we'll be sorted.