Loose Nut DS Ride 2013: SW Indiana - Nov 2 & 3, 2013

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Mar 25, 2013.

1. billgo77

billgo77 billgo77

Oddometer:
    ok, it's not a fox, but a coyote lost his life this weekend. This is the photo I thought someone had. Sorry for you fella! No motorcycles went down in the making of this photo op...[​IMG]
  2. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. billgo77

billgo77 billgo77

Oddometer:
    I've been working out of town so I am delayed in posting my pics. I'll put up a few tonight. I had a great time pre-riding and planning, and then doing the ride this weekend too. I'm amazed how some of your pix look like a different ride than the one I was on. I know I missed out on some silliness at the campsite, but man the warm room and shower was nice at the Theroff! :wink: Enjoy... Now lets start with some nice bikes I captured this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the brand new KTM that Ed rode on Sunday. Even new riding gear. He's been a long time rider, but new to dual sport and to the bike. He rode it like a pro!
    [​IMG]
    Here's mine, which served me well. I went down at 5 mph in wet grass, but we got up gracefully (unless the one picture that caught us makes it's way here!!):evil[​IMG]
  4. billgo77

billgo77 billgo77

Oddometer:
    Brooks bridge is pretty. Im glad someone decided it was worth saving.

[​IMG]

Eery, Peaceful, Chilly, Foggy, Serene, Surreal. No matter how you describe it, this was something to experience.
    [​IMG]

Glenna is having hip surgery real soon. She wanted to be here for us before she closed down for the surgery.
    Thank you Glenna and Poo. They both set me back in my chair, though. They breed em tough around here. hmmmm...[​IMG].
  5. billgo77

billgo77 billgo77

Oddometer:
    We've all had LEO show up at the wrong time. It happened again. We had a large group gathered at Graffiti Cliff and Picture Rock.

[​IMG]
    We had our bikes in various stages of blocking the public roadway. Some were relieving themselves in the woods,
    others were burning rubber to get onto the rock for photos, and still others were plotting how the side car was
    gonna get hoisted up there for a photo, too. When LEO came upon our party.
    [​IMG]

The young military type. We knew he was in charge when he swaggered out of the car. But officer, let me explain.
    Yes, we are blocking the roadway, and no sir, we don't have a permit to gather...trespassing on state property? not us. :cry
    And Whatever they left in the woods is biodegradable, I assure you. :huh:rofl

But, no... not really, that's not how it went down. The young police officer was very nice, and it got off to a good
    start with our ambassador LooseNut himself making LEO feel welcome at our little gathering.
    [​IMG]

So no one had to be taken to the local pokie!

or did they????

[​IMG]
    toypro1 likes this.
  6. ivel_86

ivel_86 Chair Ranger

Oddometer:
    I loving the pictures!!!
    :clap
  7. Carter O

Carter O KLR Carter

Oddometer:
    Keep them coming :clap
  8. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    I gotta say HAZMAN, that has got to be one of the trickest & sickest XR650 Sumo's that I have seen in awhile. Diggin' that bike!
  9. musicallydeclind

musicallydeclind Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The face appears to have been blacked out using a super powerful photo editing software but that sure looks like that nut riding the blue Versys close to 90 on gravel. I was behind him in Petersburg and got a strong whif of an aroma I once smelled at a Grateful Dead tribute band performance. I also noticed the Versys was the first bike to take off when the LEO showed up at Picture Rock. Now it appears that he's taken to tormenting one of God's creatures. Look out for that blue Versys folks. He's trouble. Don't let the 4-eyes and the high-viz lid fool you. :evil:D:lol3 (now clarified with smileys)
  10. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Ride Against the Grain

Oddometer:
    Get outta here with bash talk unless you're joking.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
  11. ivel_86

ivel_86 Chair Ranger

Oddometer:
    I am pretty sure he is joking.. :ear
  12. musicallydeclind

musicallydeclind Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm joking Bones. Billgo was previously my boss so I have to give him hell when I get the chance. Hell, I rode his WR on last year's ride.
  13. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    Bones is having menstrations?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  14. Mr.Dabalina

Mr.Dabalina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He probably just got done washing the bike. I know I have washed mine twice, looks clean wet. Then as it dries more seems to appear. So I'm looking at another wash.
  15. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    Are you kidding?!? Bones has the same KLR blood that TPar has. They don't wash motorcycles....ever! :lol3
  16. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    I washed mine this week and didn't realize the nozzle blew the fuel line off the petcock about halfway.... was running a pretty stream into the pit at the car wash before I figured out why I was smelling gas!!!

Ya just shouldn't wash a KLR!!!

Jailor8
  17. Indiana Bones

Oddometer:
    You're supposed to wash 'em!? I thought water crossings were enough...:cool:

18. Indiana Bones

Oddometer:
    I guess that's why god created smileys... :D

19. Indiana Bones

Oddometer:
    So, I finished the first video but the dang computer wouldn't let me save it. Technology hates me for some reason. I've gotta work out some bugs and then I'll post up. It looks pretty cool though. Here's a picture for your troubles.

Yes, this is me giving the Bird Man a can of camo paint. ;)

[​IMG]
  20. billgo77

billgo77 billgo77

Oddometer:
    Bones, I appreciate ya stepping in so I don't get bullied by a former disgruntled employee. I'm ok with it. He and I kinda got used to pointing out each others indiscretions, if fact "musically disgruntled" is a bit jealous because my pig of a streetbike outpaces his authentic dual sport DRZ on gravel.:rofl He"s right that I occasionally drive a bit over the non-posted 40 mph speed limit on back roads, but regarding the illegal drug use, I assure you I drove through the same wacky weed "plume" that he and several others did. It seemed a little odd, right there in the middle of town. Oh well, it's part of the Americana oddities that made up the whole weekend.

More pictures please!!!! This ride report out has been fun to read.