North American Wild Card Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Stagehand, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    Bummer about the phone. I'm on a pay by the minute//no contract// no montly fees plan. Has limitations but it works for me and I've only spent $60 on phone/data services since March. Everything is a -la - carte and pay as I go so if I'm going on a trip and want unlimited data, all I have to pay is the data fee for that month. If I'm leaving the country and don't want to use the phone, I pay nothing and don't have to deal with nasty contract extensions. Anyway...something to think about.

And double bummer that winter weather is on its way in. I may go after the non-wheeled vehicle tag on the way home. I got something in mind. Winds blowing pretty good though and clouds are looking very unfriendly this afternoon.
  2. 4jranch

4jranch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is something you can drive that has no tires.

Attached Files:

3. 4jranch

4jranch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now how about something you ride that has no tires.

Attached Files:

4. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My employer pays for my phone. I'm the one out of about 10-15 that does NOT have a smart phone. Thinking about going for long distance tags pointed out the worth of a way to get online on the road be it 3G/4G or even WiFi. My particular phone was due for an upgrade months ago. Started looking into it last night and saw several nice phones listed as "free". Hardly the case, it turns out. Seeing as how they pay for my phone, I don't feel like I can ask them to pay for any upgrade, even though they likely would.

If I was paying for my own, I'd likely go with the same deal STBNE just got. My girlfriend has used Straight Talk for a couple of years with zero problems whatsoever. They're $45/month for unlimited everything. Until I get an Official Batman Utility Belt, I refuse to carry two phones.

It's going to be nice here by the weekend, I think. Not so sure about the mountains. I recall having a very hard time getting the weather to line up with the weekends for heading to the mountains last winter. I drove to work today.
  5. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    1 acre of heaven, Springtown, TX. NW of Ft. Worth
    If it were my decision, you be da man!
  6. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    This is begging for a picture of someone's wife (or husband, whoever) sitting on their bike.

Too bad the little hut building tag is gone. That's a good one. I have a nice little bar near me called "The Half keg Tavern". The place is tiny and they only serve canned beer. Very odd, but a good place to get off the radar.

[​IMG]
  7. Flashback

Oddometer:
    My wife volunteered last night. Said she'd get all dressed up in a leather mini and pose in seductive positions for the shot but it was raining cats and dogs...she drew the line when the foul weather came into play.

Maybe I'll get lucky tonight :lol3
  8. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    I took mine for a ride last night...but no photo's...only video
  9. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    This picture came out pretty horrible. So much for a good "first tag" in this game.
    haha
    [​IMG]
  10. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Assuming that last one was a valid grab, here is the next tag.

Anything rocket powered. (not jet, rocket)
    [​IMG]
  11. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    What! No leather mini skirt!?
    We all got bruced on this one.:cry:deal:lol3
  12. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    So the real question, can Flash or STBNE grab the same exact spot for this one?
    Or does it have to be another rocket? If another, ermm, not sure where one is around here. :rofl
  13. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing says we can't return to this tag at a later date! :evil

You know, when the wildcard games first started I'm certain there was a rule where the same exact thing couldn't be tagged. I know because a buddy of mine did that and got a rash of s!*t for it.
    It happened a couple weeks back and I was going to say something but when I looked at the first post I didn't see anything saying you couldn't.
    I don't see why you couldn't use the same thing. It would be unfair to exclude someone from the game because of this. If it were up to me, I'd say, GO FOR IT! :lol3
  14. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    there is a matador (TM-61C Matador, Serial # 56-1955) on display near goldsboro, not far from the site where the plane crashed in 1961 and the MK39 hydrogen bomb crashed into the farmers field, breaking up into lots of smaller bits (they still survey the ground water in the area once a year or so.... never got back all of the radioactive bits I guess).

Pikeville, nc .... 43 minutes from zebulon.
  15. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I say make it a little tougher. Make it a rocket in flight. :lol3

Do, uh, model rockets satisfy the requirements? If so, I think I can grab this one in the next couple minutes... :D
  16. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    rocket powered AND bigger than your bike. :lol3
  17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    I ate mexican food tonight, and I'm bigger than my bike. Will a picture of me on my bike do?
  18. Flashback

Oddometer:
    I am so debating going after this tonight. If it were just a little warmer out there I wouldn't hesitate but it'll be nearly 3 hours on the road in descending temperatures at night...I'm too damn comfy in front of the wood stove right now.

Indecision...
  19. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:

Not knowing what a Matador was, I looked into it. According to wikipedia, it's a turbojet powered tactical missile. Don't know if that fact disqualifies it or not, but I'm going to wait for a ruling before heading to Pikeville. :huh
  20. Flashback

Oddometer:
    Don't worry I looked it up last night and it's a hybrid system but definitely rocket powered...couldn't get off the ground without the solid fuel propellent :lol3

Martin TM-61C (MGM-1C) Matador

• Length: 39 ft 7 in
    • Span: 28 ft 7 in.
    • Diameter: 4 ft 6 in.
    • Weight: 12,000 lbs. at launch
    • Armament: W-5
    • Sustain Engine: Allison J33-A37 of 4,600 lbs. thrust
    • Thiokol solid-propellant booster rocket of 55,000 lbs. thrust used for launch
    • PERFORMANCE: Maximum speed: 650 mph./565 knots in level flight; supersonic in final dive
    • Range: 650 statute miles
    • Operating altitude: N/A
    This is the one near Pikeville at the Blended Fellowship.
    [​IMG]

Great ride today...220 miles of back roads so far and heading back out.