www.TankVest.com

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mike at Tank Vest, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mike at Tank Vest

Mike at Tank Vest Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It should work. I like the looks of that. I did a bit of research and I am floored at the capacity of that tank. Yep, I definitely will be getting a KTM at some point for myself. LOL.
  2. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    I've had several messages and emails asking about MARPAT camo on the Tank Vest. Yes, we do offer MARPAT desert and woodland as custom order patterns. If you're interested in that camo pattern, email or call in your request.

Thanks!

Mike
  3. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Our first shipment of KTM Tank Vests for the 990 has shipped to KTMtwins.com. If you're interested in a Tank Vest for your KTM, they should be receiving the shipment by Monday.

Thanks,

Mike
  4. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    No Urals in woodland cammo yet eh??
  5. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Still trying to locate a Ural near by to pattern.
  6. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    MARPAT woodland pattern:

[​IMG]
  7. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Would there be any interest in doing a group buy of Tank Vests? I'm considering offering a significant discount on bulk purchases shipped to single addresses for ADVrider. We're currently doing one for another site and I want to gauge interest here. If it's enough I'll post the offer.

Mike
  8. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Thank you to the people that PM'ed me and emailed me about the group buy offer. I'll put it together and get it up and running around mid May. We'll have expanded our line some more by then as well.

Mike
  9. EKinOR

EKinOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any chance on getting one for BMW R1150GS?
  10. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    That is on our list to be patterned. Hopefully in the next few months, we'll have about 90% of the BMW line patterned and available for sale. We're still coordinating with timing with the owners of the bikes to do the patterning.

Mike
  11. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Awesome KLR with a Tank Vest on it.

[​IMG]
  12. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    About a week ago, I went on a day long dual sport ride as posted in the regional forums here on ADV. I really had a great time and I thought it was a great way to meet people and share what we're doing.

We're preparing to partner with a couple of other companies in the area to sponsor day and weekend rides in the EPH of WV and Virginia areas beginning in the near future. We'll be mapping routes and setting up rides about once a month. Anyone is welcome to join us. There is no cost outside of gas and food and whatever else you want to buy to bring along.

Our purpose is to give dual sport riders an opportunity to ride beginner, intermediate and hard level routes with other like minded riders while giving the sponsors a chance to show off what we make and sell. I'll be posting dates and rides soon in the South East regional forum.

If anyone is interested in becoming a sponsor, PM me and I'll let you know what we need and expect. We're not asking for money for sponsorships but we would like guides for all different skill levels, riders to blaze trails and create new routes, and help spreading the word.

For those interested in riding, just bring out your sense of adventure, a full tank of gas, and be ready for a good time.

Thanks!

Mike
  13. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Something else we're currently working on. We're close to the production evolution of the Carbine/SMG holster for the Tank Vest. While geared towards military and law enforcement applications, it will be available to the general public as well. The photo below is one of our early prototypes. The design has evolved some what and has the capability to have the firearm locked and secured.

Mike

[​IMG]
  14. Somber

Somber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any word on when the KTM Adventure tank vests will go on sale? I know you mentioned making a shipment to KTM-Twins, but I haven't seen them show up on their site, nor could I find them on your site when I checked the other day (can't go to your site from work, so couldn't re-recheck this morning). I'm still interested, have a trip coming up, trying to figure out if I want to work the vest and potential storage options into those plans, or stick to my regular setup.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul/somber
  15. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Call KTMTwins directly tomorrow. If they can't hook you up, let me know. I'll take care of you.

Mike
  16. Somber

Somber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks for the quick response, meetings all day tomorrow, but will bug them soon and bug you if no luck
  17. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    No problem! Just let me know either way.

Mike
  18. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Little short for a Stormtrooper

Oddometer:
    Any progress on a unit for the Strom?

Being a "tacticool" idiot and a gear whore I can see a lot of crap hanging on my bike that will need to be unhooked and stored every time I stop! :D
  19. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    LOL... that's going to be ready in a week or so. I'll post up when it is.

Mike
  20. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    FYI, spoke to Ronnie at KTMtwins.com and he's got you covered. Give him a call and he'll hook you up.

Mike