Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Deleted22874

Deleted22874 Guest

What did you do to your Roadcrafter? Cut the legs off to make a jacket or just dye the bottoms black?:lol3
  2. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    After 4 years of Patented Stich' Crotch Leak in heavy rains I bought a pair of AD-1's and have been loving them.
  3. OldnoGPS

OldnoGPS Just a sightseer

Oddometer:
    HBN - I never threw my blue and white GS down like that...of course, I never rode it much either. Glad you finally checked the fuel pressure on the Spitfire :D
  4. CHECK_OIL

CHECK_OIL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Officials in a Maryland county with the highest number of motorcycle fatalities are now using a helicopter to track down speeding riders in an effort to reduce accidents.
    Prince George's County's Aviation Unit flies hundreds of feet in the air, tracking motorcycle riders who can reach speeds of up to 150 mph.
    "The traffic lane will be clear and the next thing you know, a cyclist will be coming up so fast that the car doesn't see him in time," Lt. Anthony Cline, Commander of the county's Aviation Unit said.
    Operation Road Runner is an effort by the county to decrease dangerous, sometimes fatal accidents that can be caused by ground pursuits.
    "Most of the bikes can outrun out cruisers, so having the aircraft is a valuable asset," Cline said.
    During a ride along with News4, the unit was able to arrest a motorcycle rider driving a stolen bike.
    "We allowed out officers to back off and conduct it safely and the final result was an apprehension," Cline said.
  5. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    My guess is that is RT210.
  6. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Solution: Stay the F outta MD :nod

Speed cameras in small towns, fake police car cutouts on 50, MD drivers in general :puke1

(Anything west of Catoctin Mtn is okay) :lol2
  7. littlelionmonster

littlelionmonster Custom Faker

Oddometer:
    Finally got back home this Tuesday. I was on the road for almost a month, a little of 5000 miles on the bike then spent another 2 weeks wondering around New England with my family.

Guess its time to think about going back to work and start being responsible again :D

couple of teaser pics until I get the RR going.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. gastone

gastone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Paul,

can't wait to see the rr report.
  9. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb

It is so different and you feel so open and free up there
  10. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Welcome home Paul. Can't wait to see the RR, hear about all your adventures, and read about how the bike performed.
  11. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    Thought I would share this from the XRL thread.....

I think we may have gotten a little off trail here. The problem in our modern 4 stroke era has stifled bench racing everywhere. In the 2 stroke days, throwing in a legitimate 2 stroke "like" sound was relatively easy and never lost a step. Of course we had 4 strokes back then but also 2 things were true as well. Most 4 stroke riders did not ride offroad, therefore no great stories or they were still on the trail while the cool 2 stroke stories were told.
    Now I know that not all of us can replicate a 2 stroke sound but in conversation rarely did someone stop you and say, "What was that? Where you on a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?"
    It is a sad sad time, soon there will be electric bikes. All sound effected stories will be lost.
    Please, if you ride a 2 stroke, continue to tell lies about your ride including sounds. If you ride a 4 stroke....maybe you shouldn't tell riding stories using sound effects. (boring). Ever hear a Bicycle guy tell a story...nothing...no sound effects. If you have a multi cylinder bike, forget the sounds, you will never make it right.

:norton what the heck is Norton for anyway?
  12. error cooled

error cooled anything but asphalt

Oddometer:
    About sums it up for me....

[​IMG]
  13. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    if you have to ask ... :norton

ErrorCooled...that was the funniest thing I've seen all day!!! :lol3
  14. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
  15. Todd34

Todd34 Toubab

Oddometer:
    Cross post

Have I got a deal for you FF's! Stuff is packed and I'm on a plane come Saturday. I have some miscellaneous stuff in the garage and it's yours if you want it. But it's a package deal and it you want one thing you have to take IT ALL!

Scorpion A/T takeoffs (F/R) from my 990. Not new, not bald.
    Tech 8 boots, size 11. They've been abused in SoCal but they still have some life left in them.
    Fox Chest protector. It may have seen the SoCal dirt a time or two!:rofl
    Bike stand
    Tire pressure gauges (2)
    A box of misc levers, a new spark plug, a couple master links, etc.

I'll be around Annapolis all day tomorrow and Saturday morning. PM me if you want pics.

Todd
  16. error cooled

error cooled anything but asphalt

Oddometer:
    Now this I would go to Maryland for :D

Safe travels Todd!
  17. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
  18. Todd34

Todd34 Toubab

Oddometer:
    Come on over!
  19. twohawks

twohawks Not Afraid

Oddometer:
  20. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is anybody going to try the 2014 GS Trophy challenge in September? My off-roading skills are not near the level to win this but I figure for the $200 fee, it will be a lot of fun. I'd be interested in sharing a room if anybody is going? Dates are September 20-22 in South Carolina.