First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by OsoADV, Mar 29, 2013.

1. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XCW DR650 990SMT

Oddometer:
    You lucked out evan, you got someone to question religion on a ride report thread!

Staying tuned :D
  2. Dotbond

Dotbond Africa, Africa

Oddometer:
    Nice report.
  3. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Just Fantastic! Live it guy. And, I think you had the Bandit loaded just right. :lol3 Should of seen my load a few years back when headed for Canada ( Uh, didn't have near you troubles at the border though. ) . ;-) Keep it coming! :clap
  4. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will take a tear of humility from a bike rider examining his life on the side of a road over science any day of the week.
  5. Dirigo

Dirigo Curious

Oddometer:
    +1! :deal
  6. Cigar

Cigar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +2
  7. 1marka

1marka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +3

Subscribed and lovin' the report! Can't wait for more. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
  8. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    +4
  9. Minus1

Minus1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Can't really be said any better than that.......

Thanks for sharing your experience. Well done young man....well done.
  10. sgio

sgio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am really enjoying your report! Keep it up and thanks for sharing :clap:clap
  11. manshoon

manshoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+6

I think miracles happen everyday, whether you are a part of that day or time when they do occur, I don't believe science had anything to do with it.

Inspiring ride report, thank you for sharing it Evan.
  12. dave6253

dave6253 GCBAR Explorer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for finally sharing your great report. Your ability to express yourself reminds me of the joy of discovering motorcycle travel. Great job!
  13. Spinalcracker

Spinalcracker former redriderofma

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap

Perfect answer !! Very diplomatic not to get into it.

Great report I'm really enjoying it.

Mike
  14. KiLO

KiLO Adventure Cafe

Oddometer:
    So awesome. Can't wait for the rest :nod
  15. PhillyTransplant

PhillyTransplant Indiana Jones

Oddometer:
    +5

This report is fantastic so far, I can't wait for the rest.
  16. whatsgnu

whatsgnu Scheissekopf

Oddometer:

Truly one of the great quotes I've read on this site.

From one "larger" rider to another this is a GREAT ride report. Congrats on the ride and the beautiful bride. I can't wait to read more.
  17. Gian4

Gian4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok This is a bit long winded but relates to your experience with the couple and the $20.00 donation at your food stop. Believe me it will be worth the time to read it.

I'm not what I would call a "religious guy" in the classic sense. Having said that and having been on a number of long distance journeys I understand the spiritual nature of these endeavors. Let me relate a story to illustrate my point. A few years ago myself and my best bud Paul were traveling from NY state to WI. to attend the Harley 100th anniversary celebration. I'm not a Harley guy but was riding and still love my Buell M2 Cyclone. Anyway we crossed from Canada back into the USA at Port Huron and stopped to stretch our legs and grab a cuppa. As things often do on long moto trips the conversation turned spiritual. Paul was a confirmed atheist and I was lets say more spiritual. I won't say religious in the classic sense just more willing to accept the fact that there was a power much greater then me in charge of this world. Any how just before we saddled up Paul said "Ken I truly wish I had your faith but I just don't. There is no plan what happens happens and that's the way it is". Soooo we were going to Detroit to spend the night with a friend of Paul's brother. We had never met this guy. We had a name (Hung ...he was Vietnamese) and an address. We hit Detroit during rush hour. Traffic was backed up with all the overhead signs flashing alternate routes that meant nothing to us. So were creeping along with our air cooled motors bumper to bumper 85 degrees thinking sh*t this sucks. All of a sudden Paul sees a Ford Taurus on the shoulder of the road with a guy waving at us. Paul says "why's that guy waving at us?" I say "I don't have a clue but lets figure out how to get out of this cluster fu*k". Paul says "I think that's Hung and he wants us to follow him." I say right Paul we've never met this guy and he's been hanging around all day not knowing the route we're taking or what we look like on the outside chance we might be passing this way and we might need his help. Give me an Fu*king brake. Paul says "I think he wants us to follow him." With that Paul takes off behind this guy with me in tow. We take exits go on back roads for miles and finally end up in the driveway of a beautiful home. The guy gets out of the car and I say with baited breath "are you HUng?" The guy says "yes are you Paul and Ken? " Paul looks at me and says...."ok I'm now an agnostic." I asked Hung how did you know it was us and he said "I saw the NY plates and the beards and figured it must be you guys." You can't make this stuff up. As God is my witness this is a true story. Keep on riding and keep on believing.
  18. Dirigo

Dirigo Curious

Oddometer:
    Sort of like re-reading "Zen and the art of motorcycle main't"!
  19. thunderroad01

thunderroad01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great ride report! I'm in!
  20. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the love, folks. Will share more tomorrow.