Is Rossi the new Biaggi?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RaY YreKa, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Rabbitson

Rabbitson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rossi has surely earned the right to whine.

I, for one actually felt sad that he didn't win his last race for Yamaha. We are in the presence of greatness.
  2. alex-vox

alex-vox n00b

Oddometer:
    there always is someone faster than you...
    he only has to appear around...
    btw, we'll see if lorenzo will win without rossi preparing the bike.
    and rossi is getting old... lorenzo is young and hungry.
    i'm not a biaggi fan, i'm not a rossi fan, i'm not a lorenzo fan, but now rossi is receiving back the kicks he gave to biaggi... a lesson of Life.
  3. Jinx

Jinx Dollarable...but lazy

Oddometer:
    "For sure, I have your "Biaggi" swinging...right here"

[​IMG]

:D
  4. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

Ahhh, before the girl-fight in the stairway.
  5. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    As a reply to the OP- imagine a race series where there was absolutely no personality shown by any competitors. The race broadcast would start as the green flag dropped, no interviews by DNF racers, no post race conference, no interviews away from the track.

Yeah, I know that this is supposed to be about RACING, but would it interest as many fans if the human side of the riders was missing. Sure some of it is (too much?) drama but then it gives us something to post about after the engines are switched off.

I am a fan of all those riders, but once VR hangs up his leathers- on-track but especially off-track entertainment will decrease. All the other current MotoGP riders have the personalities of mannequins compared to Rossi.
  6. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    Like It!:rofl :rofl
  7. xlcr

xlcr Stop being a dick, dick.

Oddometer:
    Not a flattering picture, but I did enjoy her in Blue Velvet.
  8. junedog

junedog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lorenzo may be the number one whiner next year since he does not have Rossi and Crew to develop the Yamaha, also if his team mate Ben kicks his butt i'm not sure how well he will take it. Next year may the best ever.
  9. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    I am hoping Ben kicks his butt, love to see it, I am rooting for him.
  10. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    There was the time Rossi flipped Max off after passing him on the big bikes doing like 150mph. Dorna has apparently taken them all down. I never saw vid of the girlfight on the stairs, only personal rcounts of events. "I saw Rossi pull his hair" It was all pretty funny at the time. Now, Max is doing well, Rossi is doing OK :lol3, it is starting to fade.
  11. shiatman

shiatman Orange crush

Oddometer:
    Soooooooooo much fun:lurk

Let's wait and see what happens......and OH yes, Jorje is going to be well pissed with Ben, or you think Ben will never pass him because the team says so? :rofl
  12. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Stoner made an interesting point; he said riders made a lot of mistakes this year because they were chasing Lorenzo. The accidents didn't happen in a vacuum.

And to those of you taking me way too seriously; relax, I already said Rossi was a great champion. It's just a bit of fun/trolling, though personally I always get bored when one champion is winning everything year-in and year-out, in whatever sport.
  13. 20valves

20valves Yamaholic

Oddometer:
    Next year is gonna be great. Let's see, 4 recent top class champs and two other aliens (Spies is an alien now, isn't he?) all racing together on factory bikes. I'm not sure the racing table has been set this good in a long time. Simoncelli and Dovi are good too, possibly winners, but each will at least snag a podium or two.

I don't think Rossi had much to do with Lorenzo's bike set up at all. I think set ups match riders and just cause Rossi's set-up works for him, it's probably not Lorenzo's perfect set-up. I don't think anyone succeeds at this level without knowing how to set up a bike. I hate to say it but I'm not sure either Hayden or Edwards knows how to set up or develop a bike. Their wins are either non-existent (Edwards) or very rare (Hayden). Spies knows set-up and gets results and should win a race or two next year. I think Max was poor at bike development and that's why he only won a few in the top class and couldn't get the M1 off the ground for Yamaha. That's when he got really good at whining. Rossi seems to be brilliant in this regard, Burgess as well. It'll be a bitter pill for Ducati if Rossi doesn't win for them. I bet he wins at least a few races, though probably not another title.

Rossi's been a good champ. I think he gives credit where it's due. He may not like doing it but he knows what's up. He's lost and regained his crown so he's climbed a few mountains. I think Lorenzo is the same age Rossi was when he won his first top class title. Rossi knows the day will come when he won't be able to win any longer, and he'll retire. Champs don't like just riding around to get fifth.

I do think Rossi's the GOAT. I think he has won for a long time in deep, competitive fields. Many younger guys have come up as 250 champs (as did Rossi) and only Stoner got a championship. And that in a year when it was pretty clear Ducati had the BEST electronics/tc package.

Worst whiner of all time? Mat Mladin. That bitch stayed at the the national level for 10 years until Spies ran him off. He had an excuse every time he didn't win, and he was a prick too. Don't miss ya MM!!
  14. NAVIGATOR

NAVIGATOR Wanderer

Oddometer:
    SOUTH OF THE USA BORDER(friendlier Mexico)
    Shoulder injury not a mith, so I think not a whinner!!!!!

Performed at the Cervesi di Cattolica hospital, the surgery was carried out by Dr Alex Castagna and Dr Giuseppe Porcellini, where it was confirmed that Rossi should expect a recovery period of around 90 days.

"The condition of the shoulder was really critical: Valentino really had to be tough to keep racing with that kind of injury,” said the surgeons. “The intervention went well, without any complications. For rehabilitation, you'd usually need 90 days for that kind of injury but we'll do our best in order to meet the requirements of the rider."
  15. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was the engine pure and simple.The japanese built the engine to use the max new lower fuel load,Ducati said lets build the most powerful 800 we can,casey can always back off in the last few laps.
  16. Lerxstdawg

Lerxstdawg Wait...what?

Oddometer:
    Stoner has matured a bit over the last year or two, he still likes to bitch, but seems to enjoy the "battle" more now. I noticed that Hayden didn't complain when Rossi made a few hard passes on him similar to the ones that sent Lorenzo to the Yamaha bosses for a blankey and pacifier. Ben, Nicky and Pedrosa appear happy enough to actually "Race", Lorenzo prefers to play by himself. I'd like to see a good season of real, hard-arsed racing and a few first places from Ben, if not a championship. Rossi is still the man, and I'd like to see him leave the sport with 10 championships, I just like to see a good race is all.
  17. 20valves

20valves Yamaholic

Oddometer:
    That may be. It's not very often that one manufacturer can build a dominant engine these days so I assumed it was in the traction control software or something. Whatever it was, Stoner was able to leave most of the pack for dead at a few tracks in '07.

2011 looks set to be a great year. Stoner could be the winner, could be Spies, could be Rossi, gonna be fun....:deal
  18. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pedrosa seemed to have some really good straightaway speed also. If Stoner has that and is able to stay on the track on the Honda.......
  19. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    it was the first year of the 800s and the new fuel limit,the japs were conservative Ducati were not,by the end of the season the Japanese bikes were hot rods too,and it was down to fuel management to finish the race
  20. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    bump :D