ktm 500 exc?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Visigothic, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

OK....my apologies to anybody who was hoping to see some good information. I've updated this post, and I'm working on others....

thanks for the heads up.
  2. Nomad

Nomad High Speed Low Drag

Oddometer:
    I was having some problems with my gortex pants melting to the pipe. I didn't really wanna dish out the money for a
    heat shield so I just picked up a short roll of header wrap and voila! looks pretty sweet but we'll see how well it holds up.

[​IMG]

plus I FINALLY got my front end set up almost completely (minus the powerlet I need to install)

new mirror, ram phone mount, HDB top clamp with powerlet socket and new switch, Scotts stabilizer(!), and BRP triple...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    keep an eye on the wrap.. there have been horror stories in Orange Crush of the pipes corroding out from under the wrap.

fwiw :freaky
  4. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

Pics have been restored.
  5. Nomad

Oddometer:
    thanks and yeah i know, i read about this a little beforehand but i figure as long as i let the wrap run dry after washing i shouldn't really have a problem.

i mean hey worst comes to worst, it might help me pull the trigger on a new powerbomb exhaust a little while from now! :D
  6. Johnnyktm

Johnnyktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much for the time and effort that you have taken to help us to improve our bikes! :clap
  7. Johnnyktm

Johnnyktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are 100% correct :thumb It takes a little time to read all the posts from page 1, but it's worth it :nod
  8. Joby Rebel

Joby Rebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Looks good!

Do they sell the 2012 finland ISDE sticker sets in the US?

[​IMG]
  10. Joby Rebel

Joby Rebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They sure do:) and mexico. cheap too as far as graphics go, 109.00 for the whole thing from ktm dealer
  11. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a full set of LED signals on my EXC and yesterday wired up the rears. When I tried them the front signals worked properly but BOTH rear signals came on and blinked. Yes, I do have an LED flasher installed. I did some reading and noticed SteveO's post regarding the Trailtech instrument lights, so I removed the Dash turn signal indicator and the signals operate normally now. I'm not particularly a savvy electrical guy so maybe there's another way to fix the problem, however I took the easy way out.

Garrett
  12. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    sounds like feed back interfearance through the trail tech dash a diode should fix the issue , but buggered if i know where to put it , I'm guessing on one the wires on the TT indicator lamps .

TT should be able to help ring the hot line ,
  13. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dont actually have the TrailTech instrument I just got the idea from the post. I just have the OE instrument.

Garrett
  14. robmeoff

robmeoff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With new white plastics and Germany six days plus exhaust wrap
  15. Harley Beemer

Harley Beemer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out the Sicassracing website for the $7 connector to wire in that makes the dash indicatindicator work.
  16. 1 Bored Clerk

1 Bored Clerk Should've taken a left turn at Albuquerque

Oddometer:
    I have the same iPhone case. It's pretty cool other than the proximity sensor not working worth a damn now! They're developing (developed) a holder for it but I don't think I would trust it to hold on a dirtbike.

Oh, just to keep the the post on topic...

I have a 500EXC and I put the HDB handguards on...what's up with the clutch lever? Nothing fits! I can't rotate my clutch lever! Aaaahhh! :lol3 Seriously, though, it's a problem. A problem that is solved completely with the sicass racing multi-switch.
  17. Nomad

Oddometer:

yeah! i was looking for that holder because i remember them posting pictures about it on kickstarter but i never could find it for sale anywhere. plus i think the only way to mount it would be on the bars and with cut down bars, i can't give up much real estate!

i like the ram mount phone holder though, it seems like it's gonna be able to handle the abuse.
  18. Joby Rebel

Joby Rebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looks sick! I like the rim stickers. I wrapped my pipe too but used the black wrap.
  19. Stifdickerson2006

Stifdickerson2006 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The ram mount will handle the abuse but i do not like the phone holders that RAM makes. I went with the Sure Grip holder and love it. I have got about a thousand miles with it, everything from high speed freeway runs, tight technical trails,jumps and high speed whooped out 100+mile desert loOps with some great hill climbs and this thing has held tight no problem and has an opening for the camera depending on what style of phone you have and protective cover.I have actual done a little video while i am riding just to check it out on the street) Its slim, light and holds tight with an easy release and easy access to all the buttons and ports. Very happy with the product and they have great customer service.I bought mine to fit the otter box cover for my phone, but used some sticky tape backed foam for the shorai battery to use for extra dampening. The normal slim case fits great with the padding and holds strong

http://www.slipgripcarmounts.com/

[​IMG]
    It does not look like much but holds very tight and releases easlily.

[​IMG]
    heres a picture of the slim switch and mountain engineering lever. you can see there is still some room left over. I will put out another pic once I put on my LHRB.
  20. Joby Rebel

Joby Rebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics with the wrap.