The Yamaha TW200 Thread...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did the same thing with my Zong. :deal The Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards fit very well on my Pro Taper SE, ATV High Bend handlebars. The D-Flex Hand Guards also fit well on my Tusk CRF High Bend handlebars. :D

Spud :beer
  2. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good info gentleman!......"Bob" was your wifes TW install with OEM bars?.

Spud...........I've been hearing of a few more Shorai batteries "melting" down....is this due to riders having too many goodies plugged in and the battery running down too low?.Possibly faulty regulators/rectfiers?.:eek1
  3. Keithert

Keithert Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought an XT225 and it is very cold blooded, which it seems is very common for this bike. How is the TW in this respect?
  4. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Egads! :eek1 Can you post a few links, Frog? :ear

I added heated grips to my motorcycle last fall, and my Shorai battery is still working great. :D

5. GapRunr

GapRunr Well Known Hermit

Oddometer:
    We've got both a TW and an XT225 in our garage. The TW isn't as cold blooded as the TW. Have you ever had problems starting the XT after it has been sitting for more than a few days? They don't seem to do well with old gas in the float bowl. When we haven't used the XT in a while, we tip it over till fuel flows out the overflow for a few seconds, stand it up, and then it fires right up.
  6. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to teach motorcycle rider safety for the state of Idaho. We had twenty motorcycles at each training location for the beginner's safety course. At my home location we had about six TW200 motorcycles, and three XT225 motorcycles among the total of twenty bikes. The TW200 bikes always started up as easily as any of the others. The XT225 bikes were notoriously cold blooded, and were always a chore to start after sitting for a few days. :rolleyes Draining the carburetor's fuel bowl was one of the routines we employed to help get the XT225 motorcycles started. :deal

7. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    Yep...her bars are stock...unless you count the custom "bends" she has put in them thru multiple spectacular get-offs! :eek1
  8. Rick

Rick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My XT250 is like this as well in the Winter. What I did to "fix" it was turn off the petcock and let it run out of gas. When you turn the gas back on, it starts right up.
  9. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    well i got 7,000 miles out of a rear tw tire on my 50hp bike. i could have gone more but didnt want to push my luck!
  10. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    whats even better is running a 4.60x18 shinko244 tire on my frontend. it has 7,600 miles and has a ton of life left. i changed it out while i did the rear tire so i can try the 4.10 front with smaller knobbies.
  11. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    I've got the 4.60 Shinko on the front, but haven't ridden enough since I put it on to know if I like it or not.
  12. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    on my heavy bike the shinko worked great! i did switch it around at about 4 thousand miles since it was starting to cup a little then it leveled the knobs back out at around 7,000 miles. i think it would have gone a easy 10,000 miles. not bad for a 40 dollar tire!
  13. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    have a worn tw rear brake drum for sale in the ads section for anyone looking to experiment with brakes. maybe weld a disc to it?
  14. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll try and find the thread/post....it may have also been in TW200discussion forum...in fact, I'm confident it is.
  15. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spud,go to the TW200 discussion forum....go to the technical thread,then too a post of "charging system"....you'll see a photo there.....I can't remember the other forums that I've read this same incident from.....this is not a Shorai "virus" I'm introducing here....just a FYI thing for riders?.I do not know if the malfunctions are from over loaded systems,regulators/rectifiers or what?.
  16. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just for grins, I fitted a Dart Flyscreen today:

[​IMG]
    NxtGoRnd likes this.
  17. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for providing directions to the link, Frog. :D

18. ducnek

ducnek Trying not to feel it too hard

Oddometer:
    Is anyone using the Happy Trails soft sided Mojave Kit on a TW?

I like the looks of these and they are on sale

They claim that they are water/dust proof

[​IMG]
  19. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
  20. ducnek

ducnek Trying not to feel it too hard

Oddometer: