[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. 13x

13x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    anything for the ktm 690 enduro r and super tenere?
  2. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Yes - a kit will be available for both.
  3. Gehtlos

Gehtlos Einer geht noch

Oddometer:
    Just signed up for the newsletter looking forward to the coupon. The painters are too small to fit a fullface helmet on the GSA set?
  4. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Most likely. That pic of mine above is a medium XD helmet and it won't fit. Maybe there are FF helmets out there that will fit, but nothing I've tried. As you can see, there's a defined lip on the pannier body and lid that enhances watertightness and most likely reinforces the whole box when it's closed up. If the lip wasn't there, I have no doubt a FF helmet would fit in it. IIRC, they are the same volume as the BMW adventure cases. The BMW cases don't have that lip and they fit all my helmets in them, but they also are not as durable as the Globescouts.

Top view
    [​IMG]

View from inside
    [​IMG]

Another top view
    [​IMG]
  5. 13x

13x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    please have frames that allows 2 same sized panniers without lookin weird.
    cant wait to get my hands on them!
  6. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
    These look interesting and may consider them as a replacement for the stock panniers coming on the Ducati Hyperstrada when it arrivesÂ…Â…
  7. deciacco

deciacco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, my buddy and I are in the market to replace our vario cases. I was browsing ADVrider and came across this posting. I signed up for the newsletter, but I was wondering if there was any progress on pricing.

I want to fit the ones with the cutouts on my GS. Would I have to buy the BMW racks or do you supply racks with the kit. Right now we are considering the Touratech Special Edition or the BMW Adventure Panniers. I really like these as they seem very well constructed. I guess what I'm looking for is what would I need to do to go from GS Varios to Globescout w/ cutout, and how much will that cost?

Thanks.
  8. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We have made progress. Pricing is pretty much set at this point, and I'm actually going through and adding all the products to the site. I expect to have that done in the next few days. I'm planning an email communication on Saturday or Sunday to all folks on the mailing list with more information, including pricing and projected availability.

We'll also have a sale on everything else we have leading up to the launch of the products. It corresponds to a complete overall of our sites as well. (Reactive design - works on all devices from PCs to iPhones :D) It's been a very busy March...

In regard to what you are looking for on your R1200GS - we can do that. We can source the OEM brackets for you, no problem. Globescout also has a rack as well that is newly available that the same panniers that attach to the OEM mounts will work on. I'm not 100% certain if we have those in the same order though. Our GM and Globescout expert Bill can help either way. He can work up an all-in package price for you as well (two kits, racks, etc.) if you give him a call on the toll-free -- 877-333-9669.

Does that help?
  9. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are the correct dimensions on the top box? At GlobeScout's site, the description says 440mm wide (~17.3"), while the pic diagram says 400mm (15.7"). Trying to compare sizing to the Trax box, which is listed @ 38L and measures at 16.1" wide(?).

Will it be possible to get matching lock sets if the top box and panniers are ordered seperately?
  10. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Good question on the top box! We actually have one (in black) at the shop now, and I've asked Bill to get an exact measurement on it. I've also alerted Globescout to the discrepancy.

We can get a set of 6 to match, no problem, but doing it at two different times is problematic. There are hundreds of possible combinations, and at any time we'll only have about 30-40 sets (or less if sales are good :evil) in stock. We'll look for a match, but the odds won't be good, and we can't specifically order in a combination number. Worst case scenario, you can get a brand new set of 6 - it should be $60ish.
  11. deciacco

deciacco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect! Thank you!
  12. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    Hi Rob,

I'm getting a new 1190 Adventure R. Those panniers will be available for that bike?
    Please let me know ASAP
  13. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Yes, they will be. I expect the racks to be available in limited quantities however. I haven't even seen a picture of what they look like. If you think you would like a set, shoot us an email (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) and we can do some additional investigation regarding pricing, an availability date, and early pictures.
  14. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    Thank you Rob,

An email was sent today.
  15. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    40L Top Box Measurements (in 'murican) - 15" l x 15" w x 13" t
    23L Top Box Measurements (in 'murican) - 12" l x 15" w x 9" t
  16. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    You mis-spelled the email address :lol3, but I got it and forwarded it over to Bill. He'll be on the phone Monday and in touch as soon as they advise.
  17. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Folks on the mailing list were notified last night - pricing has been set! $799 for the R1200GS Adventure kit and other kits start at $1049 - $1099. Options include:
    • Black Anodizing - $100
    • Pre-drilling for bolt on install - $50
    • Inner bags - $40 each ($50 each when not ordered with panniers)
    • Lid Nets - $25 each ($30 each when not ordered with panniers)
    • Carry Handles - $20 each ($25 each when not ordered with panniers)

We're expecting pre-ordering to open in the next 10 days. Folks who subscribe to the newsletter will be alerted first.

We're also looking for folks with the following bikes: R1200GS 05-12, R1200GS 13+ (when it's available), Super Tenere, G650GS 11+, and the NC700X. If you send us 5 great pictures of the kit installed, we'll send you a pair of lid nets. (contact us if you're interested) This is in ADDITION to the $100 off pre-order coupon.

More details and pictures are now available on ADVDepot.com.
  18. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am I missing something - I'm not seeing any info for the top cases?

Am I correct that the top case is not included in the 'kits', even though they appear in some of the 'kit' pics?
  19. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Thanks for pointing that out - top cases will be going activated on the site later this week.

Top cases are not included in the kit. The only one with a picture of the topcase is the F800GS, and it's specifically noted in the description that it's not included. :evil
  20. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:
    Rob,

I did not get any details and I signed up. Will send you a pm with my info.

Happycamper