Hacks Related CL/eBay/Other Finds of Interest (Not Flea Market - No Inmate Ads Allowed)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Dr Jim, Feb 18, 2009.

1. SEA3PO

SEA3PO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a near new Unit Leading Link front end (made in England) that was on a 1991 R100GS....
    It is complete and in excellent condition, including the shocks and front fender... The fork tubes are 41mm size...and I was told it also fits early K bikes.
    I see that if you buy a new one from a dealer here in the states they sell for $2995, but you can order them directly from Leading Link in England for just over $1800 plus about $300 shipping...

Mine is in perfect ready to use shape..and I would like $1600 for it.

Thanks

Jrapose
    www.rapose.biz

Attached Files:

2. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
    Velorex project in Hamilton, Ontario. Intended to refresh and use this on an R90/6 but my attention is drifting. It's all there, needs paint and assembly. Local pick up only. $800.oo

Unit Leading Link front end to fit airhead (and many others). Same piece as pictured in the above ad, except with Koni shocks and dual calipers included. Local pick up preferred. Could ship if absolutely required. $1500.oo

:thumb
  3. Mr.Mellow's WildRide

Mr.Mellow's WildRide Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Zorro39

Zorro39 Texan By Choice

Oddometer:
  5. alaskawilmer

alaskawilmer Alaskawilmer

Oddometer:
    FS: Clean Ural chair

I am selling my Ural sidecar chair. It's currently mounted to my 92'BMW R100GSPD. I've decided to remove the chair from the bike and keep the bike. Sorry, the bike is not available with the chair. The chair has a new leather seat, windshield and spare tire. No rust or damage to the body or frame. I've had this sidecar for three years and its been a great adventure to drive. Now is your chance to own the sidecar you've always wanted!
    Asking $2000.00 Buyer to arrange pickup or shipping.

Attached Files:

6. RageKage

RageKage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet looking rig.

Why the sale?
  7. alaskawilmer

Oddometer:
    I got this rig three years ago to ride with our son. Still have not rode(other than a few rides around the block) with him. I would like to ride with the little man. After the sad loss of our little daughter (she would be seven this year) my wife guards any activity she views as unsafe or dangerous with our son. She's asked me not to ride with him. She knows that I wouldn't take any chances in safety, but worries about the other car. I don't see her ever accepting it in our family. I'm going to sell the Ural. I've enjoyed the heck out of this rig, but knowing that my wife will not approve of riding it together with my son... it's time to move on and let it go. If I don't find a good home for it I'll just park it in the barn. I've always wanted a sidecar and am happy for the time I had with it.
  8. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    I'm so sorry to read about the reason for your wife's fear, but it is understandable to me. You're a good man, Wilmer.
  9. CCjon

CCjon Gypsy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wilmer, completely understand your reason to sell. Hope you and your family will find new experiences to share and grow together. There are many activities that you can share with your son, cub scouts being a great father - son experience.

I flipped my 1150GS Adventure a few weeks ago, did not break my neck as first doctor claimed, but am now looking for BMW sidecar rig to continue the adventure called life. Would you consider selling your complete rig, bike and chair?

Understand if not now, but thought I would ask.

Enjoy every day with your son, they grow up so fast. so soon.

CCjon
  10. RageKage

RageKage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, very sorry for your loss. I completely understand your wife's fear, can't imagine how hard it must be.
  11. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can understand her fear but a prison made of pillows is still a prison. She is going to have to relax a little or she will ruin that boys self confidence and life.
  12. alaskawilmer

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the kind and understand words-.
  13. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Found this on craigslist - looks like a fair deal?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/2811820492.html

New, never used, Velorex 700 Touring Sidecar. $2,500 firm. This sidecar was purchased from an estate and never installed on a motorcycle. The side car still has the factory protective covering on the windshield and the tire still has the "nubs" on the tire tread from the factory molding process. Included are two toneau covers (one with windows) (see bottom two photos), universal mounting brackets that will fit on most motorcycles, locking luggage compartment, and instruction manual for mounting sidecar to motorcycle. This side car has factory brakes and lights.
    The dealer price on a Velorex 700 touring sidecar is $3,400 plus tax and shipping.

Call Wayne 715 645-0380 Note : E mails will not be answered<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Rice Lake Wi -->Location: Rice Lake Wi
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    <!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    PostingID: 2811820492
  14. LoJack

LoJack Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmm.
  15. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    That's right it was you! Ha - I was trying to remember "who started that thread about wanting to test a sidecar in Wisconsin".

I think this is a fairly reasonable deal - not the kind of chair I am interested in, but in very good condition and with a lot of mounting hardware. Worth a look perhaps?
  16. LoJack

Oddometer:
    Yep. It isn't really what I'm looking for, but looks like a decent price. I'm not sure how well it would mate with a GS, either. But I am going to the st. Croix Ural shop on saturday to see what those are like(aesthically, I like their tubs better). Maybe I'll make a day of it.
  17. triumphsidehack

triumphsidehack Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nowhere Indiana ,on the outskirts of Darmstadt
    Hey LoJack : if you are looking for a Ural tub only ......I have a .....NOS - 1976 sidecar only..... from a R90/6 w/ sub frame
    was going to put on my R1100R , Have changed directions and no longer need. It's located in Indiana
    Also have DMC style mtg clamps for the bottom mounts for a R1100/R1150. let me know if you don't
    see any thing in st Croix that may work for you. Is price to move .......can help w/ delivery
  18. LoJack

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks. That sounds very interesting. I'll pm you in a while for a chat.
  19. eastbloc

eastbloc comprador bourgeois

Oddometer:
  20. madeouttaglass

madeouttaglass Hippie Ki Yay! Humboldt changed my life.

Oddometer:
    The Lost Coast of California, occasionally AZ
    The ad says that is a Harley side car. I'm no expert, but I've only seen the narrow, rounded genuine Harley chair. Is this one I've not seen in my 49 years?