Spain in November

Discussion in 'Europe' started by dnorton, Jul 19, 2013.

1. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Going to have 4 days to kill in Spain (Barcelona) during mid November this year. Never been to Spain before.

Would those familiar with the weather in Spain recommend renting a bike? If yes are the Pyrenees realistic or will snow be flying? If the Pyrenees aren't recommended any suggestions on where to go, what to see that time of year? Any recommendations on where to rent a bike?
  2. Famous

Famous Goin down hill fast

Oddometer:
    The last few times that I've been in Spain around November the weather has been very hit and miss (mostly miss)
    It seems to be the wettest part of the year
    Can't help with bike hire as I've always been on my own bike
  3. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:
    Hi,

There are plenty of bike hires in Barcelona, check out other topics in this section for a few this year.

This is a good one that brings up most of the issues and suggests a few good routes around the Pyrenees: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887785

Hit and Miss is right in November, but when it's good it's really good. Check the local weather station: http://www.meteo.cat/servmet/index.html

They have a very good short and medium term forecast but work up your geography of Catalonia's regions, called 'comarcas'.

If the Pyrenees are out try riding around the mountain inland from Tarragona - a natural park called the Montsant.

Enjoy!

Simon
  4. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Famous & Spanish Biker. Hoping to ride, but wondering if I want to lug riding gear for two of us? Going riding isn't the main objective, but don't want to miss an opportunity.

Is the snow typically falling in the Pyrenees in mid-November?
  5. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:
    No, it snows sometimes but only for a few hours. But it will be very cold - in the Pyrenees you'll be riding over passes up to and over 2,000 metres.

But there are lost of places for a day's ride much nearer to Barcelona such as the Sierra de Montsant, or just ride along the Costa Brava 'cornische' from Blanes to Palamos for example, and then run back just inland through Banyoles and the Garrotxa natural park region, which is full of extinct volcanoes - on a good day, i.e. 90% of the time, these runs will be warm and sunny :)

Regs

Simon
  6. Motostrail

Motostrail Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    You can rent a Triumph Tiger HERE
  7. Cameleer

Cameleer Back to Real Life

Oddometer:
    I can recommend www.hispaniatours.com
    I found them very professional with new bikes and gear.
    Weather should be ok but I would not go far up the Pyrennees, lots of places to go in Catalonia.
    Good luck!