Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's....3,000 miles (and then some)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GP1152, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR! I live in the Bay area, am a Ducati nut, my g/f rides, and I used to live in WA so this hit all the right buttons.

I'm tempted to have you come consult on how to get my garage to look like yours!
  2. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed it. I think our next big trip will start somewhere in Utah with a loop that will go through Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Colorado

Nah....nice to have options!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol, No problem!

4. John Nash

John Nash Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    I live in Maryland and just did a cross country trip out west as far as Victoria to visit my two 21 year old twin nieces who live there. Beautiful place to live..it reminded me of Bermuda a little along the coast.Went through SD,Cody Wy. Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Tetons,Chief Joseph Hwy. & Beartooth Pass to Redlodge MT. Glacier NP to Banff & Jasper Alberta west through British Columbia to Whistler then Vancouver Island.Port Angeles Washington east across rte 20 to Spokane.East to Idaho south to Corde de' Lane, Lewiston,along the Columbia River on Rte 12 south on rte 55 to Boise Idaho to Park City Utah and back home...8300 miles in 16 days.Last day was the only rain I had the whole trip.I was riding a 2011 Road Glide Ultra.

You are a lucky man to have a wife who rides to share this passion of MC's and travel.By the way..nice garage also!
    One of my close riding buddies just trade his GS for a new SF & a used 1200 Multistrada.I have owned a few BMW R bikes..I love riding twins.I test drove a new MS duck and could not believe the horsepower to wieght ratio.

Thanks for sharing your trip & photos with us.Its cool how your camera can send pics to your iphone cordless.
  5. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow John, awesome trip!!! You covered a crapload of ground!! Any pics?

6. Dieselpwr

Dieselpwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How do you like those summit gloves? I'm looking for something that's warm but not bulky. I like to be able to feel the controls.

7. Ridingman1

Ridingman1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great report from a terrific trip! It is nice to read about a fun, uncomplicated adventure. I like your style of traveling - minimalist. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Does Stephanie have a sister??
  8. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The gloves were great and definitely warmer than my other gloves. They have excellent dexterity so feeling the controls isn't an issue. Unfortunately, because neither of us has hand-guards, I think only a thicker, more insulated glove would be truly WARM. But of course you'd be sacrificing some of that dexterity you're referring to, which I'd rather not do. If you have a bike with hand-guards, I'm sure they'd be plenty warm. The gloves required zero break-in and were as comfortable as any glove I've worn.
    Overall, I highly recommend them. For the money you can't go wrong.

9. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, no sister. But she does have a brother ;)

10. Dieselpwr

Dieselpwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I have hand guards and heated grips so I think these will be perfect. Thanks again and great RR.
  11. Yoyodyne

Yoyodyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, this RR is still going strong! Obviously very popular, and for good reason.

Your riding gear is well thought-out. I bought a pair of the AGV Sport Telluride H2O Vented Pants on your recommendation (to include the sizing--I'm a 30 inch waist, too--5 ft 10 inch, and selected the LG size.) Couldn't be happier. GREAT pants.

Thanks!

/if you're ever down home in the MIA area, look me up. We live near Coral Springs/Boca.
  12. 3B43

3B43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR! I've ridden the areas you rode over the last two years, with a few differences (Lewiston to Missoula via Hwy 12 & McCall to Missoula via Hwy 55/24/21/75/93). Did I miss it, but what camera are you taking the pics with?
  13. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When i saw the BMW avatar then saw your profile I figured that you did. Those gloves should be perfect for you.

14. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome man! Glad to have been able to help. Can you imagine the medium?? My voice gets higher just THINKING of the fit.

Will do....I'm hoping to go down to MIA soon. Haven't visited in about 7 months. Gotta go see my nephews before they're off to college.

15. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mentioned it a few times but no problem. I use a Nikon D7000 with a Nikon AF-S 17-55 f/2.8 lens. Stephanie was carrying a Nikon D5100 with a Nikon AF-S 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 lens. Both VERY well padded in the tankbags.

16. 950katoom

950katoom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found this report and read it all in one sitting (so now running quite late for work). From the weather, and others things that you mentioned. I assumed that the ride was taking place about the time that you were posting. Then I see that is was Memorial Day weekend? Am I missing something?

I easily could be. Although I did get what cameras you were using the first time you posted that :D. Love the suggestion of the eye-fi card to get photos to the phone. Going to give that a try.

Thanks again for taking the time to write this all up.
  17. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oops....doesn't surprise me that I would have screwed that up. I got Christmas and New Years down, but other than that I forget which is when. It was actually Labor Day. Good catch!!

Good move on the eye-if card. Again, highly recommend it.

18. GZPainter

GZPainter A Scouser from Crete

Oddometer:
    Bristol, Crete and wherever the road goes...
    Dude... Excellent RR... same as your wife (it's difficult to find a beautiful woman to like riding and travelling),
    similar your garage ( I could easily live over there..next to my bike and my car (you are a MINI lover also!!)) ...
  19. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol, yeah my username was actually from a MINI GP that I sold recently. It was number 1152 out of 2,000 (or just 400 in the states).

20. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Potential trip down the coast (along HWY-1) to Big-Sur this coming weekend. Pics to come...