Sacramento Riders Thread DS & ADV

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Parx400, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Nips916

Nips916 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was just checking out act dual sports ride website and saw "gone but not forgotten". Did something happen to Don and is actually no more? Anyone know?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  2. Idle

Idle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Fair Oaks, and I don't know where. I can go north and/or east from there. Maybe I ride up Auburn Folsom road/lincoln hwy up to Yankee Jims road?
  3. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    Just saw this. Damn!
    Looks overcast and chilly up here. Must be nice down in the valley. Who knew? :lol3
  4. Idle

Idle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who's riding in the morning?

Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. East wind 6 to 8 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

I can cope with a 50% chance of it sprinkling a little bit. Thursday out on dirty Mosquito Road it dropped more than that and I got wet, but not cold.

So... Anybody want to ride early/ish in the morning? Yankee Jims is the plan, and Saturday looks better than Sunday.

Saturday Night A chance of rain showers before 10pm, then a chance of snow showers. Snow level 4300 feet lowering to 2800 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday A chance of snow showers before 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Foresthill weather forecast courtesy of NOAA
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...e=all&smap=1&searchresult=Foresthill, CA, USA
  5. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    Working this weekend. :bluduh
  6. charliefrench2oo8

charliefrench2oo8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the forum but I'm usually available on Tues and Wed.
  7. 2manyrides

2manyrides shifty charactor

Oddometer:
    where are you based out of what do you ride?:deal
  8. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Full group. Thanks for your interest. DS ride Saturday, Feb. 2nd. Leaving FH 8:30-ish

Full group. Thanks for your interest
    Headed north-west, riding all day. Mostly dirt. Mix of double and single track, some challenging small and bigger climbs, maybe some water crossings, etc. Prolly ride-arounds for the harder stuff and easy/close bail out to I-80 most any time. Prolly not beginner friendly if big bike or big bike friendly if beginner.
  9. ElDorado650

ElDorado650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in - of course.
    Big Bike - check
    Beginner - depends on your perspective
    Friendly - probably not:lol3

The old 650L with Giant Loop Bags - Is that OK?
    Stupidity will make up for the lack of talent!
    Let's Ride!
  10. Rockgarden Bob

Rockgarden Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just talking to a friend of both Don's and mine he said he had talked to Don just 2 days ago and that Don just wasn't scheduling any rides this year. You know he's been having a bit of a hard time the past couple of years. I'll try to call him the next day or two and see how he's doing. He's a great guy with great rides, I'll post here what I find out after I talk to him.
    Bob
  11. Idle

Idle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I'm in for Saturday, but not certain yet. I'll check in on Friday AM when I know for sure. A vague idea of the route would be appreciated. Just the first few roads is fine for am logistics.
  12. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check your PM.
  13. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    Stu,

Great ride! I really like ridding with you and sean! Our Little group covered some nice dirt. We mesh well and dinner was fantastic. We did about 60 miles of single track, fast paced and fun. Total miles was under 100. No bike issue, no broken body parts.
  14. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    Hopefully its not another year till we ride again Stu!
  15. Mindspin

Mindspin Crash Bandicoot

Oddometer:
    I live in Sac! Just rode Salmon Falls to Foresthill to MRR yesterday, hadn't done that in awhile. Was going to get up early and do MRR again today but didn't happen. Not sure I will ride today since its already 1:30.

I'm free weekends and possibly some weekdays. Just lemme know! I like to just take it easy and enjoy the ride, still getting used to my Tiger 800.
  16. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    Most of the rides i do and go on are 80 dirt and typically intense, not big bike friendly. Typically intense for me is high paced and tight single track type trails. I don't like to split groups so i try and inform riders of difficulty. If you can do the upper 5 and loop 6 at forest hill, than you could do my ride.
  17. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It was a great day. And I guess I am coming back some; I was able to walk the next day, all the way to the kitchen for my ibuprofen bottle. Thanks for the waiting you guys did.
  18. trixterNorCal

trixterNorCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see a few people from the area. I agree that Marlene and Glenns (dead fly) is good eats although they close at like 2pm weekdays :/

I live just up the hill from there and might have been seen in the area on a ninja with tigger ears on my helmet. R1200GSA on order (read a couple more months of saving for it).
  19. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    Bikes, coming along nicely. Ive got all my parts sans intake and exhaust cam (back order). Heads being cut and should be ready to assemble soon. School is a bear right now but I should be back and able to do some rides sometime in april. Look forward to riding again and letting off school stress.
    It might take me a few rides to get used to the upgrades and just back in form again.
  20. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <STYLE>.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}</STYLE><TABLE id=ecxtblPostBody9571 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%" align=left>Roll out around 8:30. Maybe 100 miles or so, stock tank range is fine. Mostly dirt of course. You should plan to and be comfortable with riding some stuff that is like Foresthill OHV's T5 & T6 ("Black Diamond" trails and climbs/downhills). We'll head west and then north from FH. Could take all day, should be back by dark though. Sometimes not. Plan to eat lunch on the trail. Plenty of places to bail out to I-80/backroads for earlier return if needed though.

Stu
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>