Foot dislocation (Lisfranc Displacement)

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by blaster11, Sep 29, 2012.

1. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    So I went a head and bought some boots tonight, they were almost $200.00 off so I couldn't walk away even if they are red/white. I am mainly going to use them off road and they will get dirty and ugly so I didn't really care about the color. I think its only a couple of day sale on these so if you are interested you may want to move fast. This is one of the two I was looking at earlier.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771329
    [​IMG]
  2. ShopGuy

ShopGuy Gravity hates me

Oddometer:
    The boots look great, just remember to wear them ;)

How's the foot doing? Are you able to move or curl your toes at all? I can just barely curl mine and it hurts like a bitch. I'm hoping that goes away with physio.

Just passed the 8 wk mark, and I'm getting quite anxious to try the foot out as 8 is supposed to be the magic number for foot bones to heal. I've been allowed by the doctors to weight on the heel only so at least I'm not on crutches :) hoping for the green light in 2 weeks...
  3. bigkuri

bigkuri Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly what I bought (except orange on black, not white). Have used them a few rides now - they are solid. This thread was one of the big reasons I went OTT on boots...

I wear these on the road too, just BTW, they are comfortable and waterproof, and my old Daytona road boots now seem just too flimsy.
  4. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Actually within the past few days to a week I have gotten a lot more range of motion with my three little toes. Before they would barely move and hurt, now I have a fair bit of motion and it seems to get better every day. I do work them a bit with my hand and then I just sit back and work my ankle and toes. I try to do it every morning and evening but sometimes it's just the evening. One weird thing I noticed was that if I applied pressure on the bottom of the foot under the three non-operational toes, almost like you are standing on it, then I could get my toes to curl a lot more. As my Doc said, there was a lot of damage done and it will take a while for the feeling and motion to come back...just keep working the toes.
  5. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback on the boots and the thread, hope you never have to go through this!
  6. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Shopguy...you may want to keep in mind that our injuries/fixes are a bit different and will most likely be different on recovery time as well. Since you are keeping your hardware you will probably be back walking before me but since your procedure was a bit more invasive there is probably a bit more nerve damage from them poking around hence toes not moving much. Just another couple pennies worth of thoughts. :D
  7. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    So, it's been about 3 weeks since Blaster started bearing weight on his foot again. The routine was to add 20 lbs every other day. He'll be allowed to walk in his Bledsoe boot until the screws come out on 20 Dec.
  8. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Just a small update, I have been walking around the past two days without the use of crutches or my cart....and it feels pretty good! My foot feels good as long as I keep the boot tight so that I don't have any flexion in the foot bones which are screwed together. I have been working on walking as normally as possible again. It's interesting that my leg gets so tired from walking short distances....gotta work on that a little bit. 18 days until the screws come out!!!! :clap Kind of weird to look forward to more pain and stitches but the end is coming!!!!
  9. ShopGuy

ShopGuy Gravity hates me

Oddometer:
    Feels quite liberating to lose the mobility aids doesn't it? It was getting scary here to be on crutches with all the snow and ice around, even in the aircast "boot". Hopefully there isn't too much pain for your next surgery, it might not be as bad as you think.
  10. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    great news:clap
  11. joints4sale

joints4sale No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer:
    And here is the mastermind behind Bruce's recovery.

[​IMG]
  12. blaster11

Oddometer:
    I am just sorry that you can't see his bowtie. :lol3
  13. gastone

gastone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can that guy even see what the fukk he's doing?
  14. blaster11

Oddometer:
    I am not really all that worried about the pain since I have been through the hard part and I really just want to get on with my life. This should be only a minor setback compared to the gains it will provide so it's all good.
  15. ShopGuy

ShopGuy Gravity hates me

Oddometer:
    Well I got the ok from the dr today to ditch the aircast and start using my foot normally :) he said the x rays look good and everything healed nicely. I have to wait about another month before I do anything high impact like running and I will start physio shortly to start getting strength back in my ankle and calf.

I asked about chance or risk of re-injury once I get riding again in the spring and he said it would take a lot to break or dislodge any of the hardware and most likely something else would break way before that.

Had a great doctor this time around he was telling me stories of his own dirt bike experiences from his earlier years., so he wasn't trying to talk me out of ever riding again (much to my wife's dismay haha).
  16. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Shopguy...that's great news! I hope your recovery continues on a positive path!!!!
  17. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven

Excellent choice dood. I got an incredible deal on the blue ones to match my cast. Here's a picture of my third cast on my second achilles rupture repair a few months ago. First rupture (complete) was back in June. Second rupture and surgery was in September, so I've lost five months and counting and two major dirt camping tours so far. I'm taking it a bit slower this time. Rushing the recovery with even one little dirt ride can cost you months or more. I don't know which is worse, bone and joint damage or major connective tissue repairs but your X-Rays and the scope of your injury is nasty! I do know that there isn't going to be much left for my surgeon to sew together if I rupture my right achilles again, so no more tennis for me.

I finally got back in shoes this week, but limping heavily. PT starts next week. I'll start staionary bike riding then as well, road bicycle riding in a month, street motos in a few weeks, dirt moto in about four months.

[​IMG]
  18. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    We affectionately call Blaster's ugly Crossfires his "Ruby Red Slippers" (like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz) :D
  19. lilsmokey

lilsmokey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im guessing no pun intended?

Glad to hear your doing better!
  20. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Sounds like your path to recovery is going really well!! I'm glad to hear it!

I'm not a doctor but it seems it would've been better if surgeon had used shiny metal plates instead of screws for your foot. Because.....

THERE'S NO PLATE LIKE CHROME!!

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol3
    Vanishing Point likes this.