Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I saw that plane this summer when I was passing through on my way to Missinaibi Lake. Near Golf Course Rd?
  2. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Going on wheels? Or parked?
    Lyle
  3. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Parked. I used to fly on skis in winter, but I don't think its worth it any more.
  4. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Probably right. Different if you had shelter for it. To get then snow and ice off in mid winter, so you can go for a local spin is too much work. Not easy on the bird either.
    Cheers. Lyle
  5. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:

would like to go explore around Escalante. I have a bunch of gps tracks for offroad in that area. We passed through the "staircase" back in ? 201? on the Gs1000Adv and its a cool area.

on another note....How do you know if you are ill. ? If you already have 9 bikes but are still scouring Kijiji for a deal. !!!
    Hows this for a deal :
    http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...-COLLECTORS-MINT-CONDITION-W0QQAdIdZ422203684
    check out the price.

+++++++ HURRY WONT LAST VERY LONG WILL GO TO THE CORRECT MUSEUM PURCHASE !!!!!!!! ONLY VERY RARE PRIVATE OR MUSEUMS COLLECTIONS , SHOW BIKE COLLECTIONS MUSEUM BUYERS ONLY !!!!!! YOU MAY APPLY FOR THIS PURCHASE VIA EMAIL WITH AN APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE FORM WHICH MAY BE EMAILED OR FAXED
    ........................................................................................
    Humvee : I figured out the mystery on the forks on this ad
    http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...-touring-2002-Kawasaki-KLR-W0QQAdIdZ521091620

in the 1st photo it shows the bike with the forks slid down in the triple trees. In subsequent photos it shows them correct. I figure they were lowered so it would fit into the trailer you see in the background......
  6. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    I have seen the add... It's been on Kijiji a few times..
    That will be the day when a dirt bike fetches more than 4 cylinder Indian from the 30's.
  7. BigDaddy

BigDaddy not riding enough

Oddometer:
    Stay warm up there in the great white north!

We may have one week on you but it is starting to get bad down here, too. I have all the supplies for winter maint!
  8. guzzirelic

guzzirelic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all. Just a "heads up" that I've listed my '06 DR650 in the Canadian Flea Market thread here on ADV. Reason for selling--- I've found I like the DR 750 A LOT and I just can't keep both. Yes I know the 650 is the better off road bike and yes I know it doesn't make sense to choose the older, rarer, harder to get parts for DR BIG, but... what can I say???:D

If any of you know someone looking for a good DR 650 please pass along my info.

Thanks!
    Relic
  9. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
  10. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Saw this on the KLR forum under the heading of "Mountain Bikers impress the hell out of me"

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x76VEPXYaI0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Send him a note that you have the inheritance of a Somalian war lord prince and want to buy the bike to get the money out of the war torn country. Tell him if he sends you $1000 to show that he is serious about the sale, along with his bank account information and pin, you will put the full amount in it plus a generous amount to cover shipping.
  12. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    Crazy mofo's. :eek1
  13. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Holy Crap!!!!
  14. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing. Look at those drop-offs on either side of the extremely narrow trail. I wonder if they had a coroner present. Don't think I'd even want to be a spectator at such an event.

Mike
  15. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Mike, Lappeman lives for this shit... I am surprised he has not tried to lure some of us into it... Lots of old ski hills in Thunder Bay that could provide a place to create a similar near death experience.
  16. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Here is the view from the helicopter etc. Not as much pucker power to this but still pretty cool

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X0Mr9Z1fhtE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL - Greg - thanks for the warning. Lappeman will probably request that I bring the CBR150R for some of the bigger drops.... :rofl

Mike
  18. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    That guys nuckin futs.
  19. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    cool video

anyone go renew thier plate validation sticker lately?

I bought one for the KLR in Sept and it was $21 for one year. I dont know what the new rate is now, but the form my relative had for his pickup truck said $90 for one year, a jump of more than double the previous $42 price. The form had red ink on it saying " new increased rates"
    I like to ride a bike for 6 weeks, then park it, and take a different bike for a month or so.....each one needs a plate sticker. Riding 6 or 7 bikes in the course of a season sometimes. At $50? a crack I may change this behavior. My insurance agent is very cool with juggling the bikes and made it very easy to switch rides during the season.
    $90 for a sticker.....wow
  20. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some great pictures there Steve, but for some reason I really like this one.
    Great example of looking through the corner on this, and the one previous. :ricky
    Cheers, Brian