Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Didn't happen to tie any bright orange tape on the single track access did you???
  2. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Went to see the Queen...........she says :fyyff

[​IMG]

She also said you should kick back and have a cold one...............:D

[​IMG]
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ken, are you ever sober anymore?
  4. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but pretending to be the Queen (in your case A Queen)
    does not make it legal to grow pot.
  5. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh look, shirt tracks to match your trouser tracks. Tell your boyfriend he's a shitty shot.:lol3
  6. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can only guess since the mask thing has worked so well for him in the past
    that now he's after the King???

[​IMG]
  7. The Walrus

Oddometer:
    I also visited the Pope............he said the same as the Queen.............:fyyff

[​IMG]

BTW, when was your last confession..........

[​IMG]
  8. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    I hope it wasn't one of you that got smoked on the mirror lake hwy about 6 this evening... car traveling west had the drivers side front end crinkled up and i think an east bound rider looked bad. I went by right as the crowd was clearing for the medics. It was on a straight section of road... how does that happen? I suppose I'll find out in the news tomorrow.

w8 2 txt
  9. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    ...so on an equally pathetic note... I have this friend that has an XR400, and he was checking the oil and there was a little bit too much in there, so he happily thought that putting 4 inches of surgical tubing on a little suction thingy was the answer. my friend drew out the unwanted extra oil and the hot oil made the surgical tubing hot and loose and it fell into the frame where the oil is stored. He immediately grabbed a triple action pulley and hoisted it upside down in his shop, and for all the oil on the the floor there was no tubing to be found. he then pull the drain plug on the bottom of frame and probing w/ bailing wire nor compressed air yielded sight of said tubing.

he called me, since I'm such a thoughtful and awesome wrench, and I told him that I was stumped and would hit up my wise friends on the interwebs, since I figured that if he posted directly that the mighty adventure rider wrenches would piss themselves laughing at this sorry wank...

So, any advice for my buddie? Could he invert it and flush it w/ water? if so, where else would the water go and how would you get it out?

:shog
  10. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Forget it. Is it really going to hurt anything in there? :D
  11. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Sounds kinky, almost like something you'd expect Pluric to be doing in his basement.

On that note, surgical tubing will likely be dissolved by petroleum products (oil), and I'm guessing the hot oil dissolved it. When he flipped the bike and drained it, it's possible the dissolved tubing was in the oil and drained out with the oil.

Just guessing.
  12. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    You're probably right, unless the oil was 250 degrees???? Was the oil operating temp, or on a cool bike?
  13. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was heading up East Canyon Saturday on the way to Bear Lake. Right by Little Dell where the road
    is straight and wide a bicycle rider on the right side of the road did a complete U turn on me without
    looking. It's the first time on the street I can remember the Tenere ABS pulsing. I'm the brakes and horn
    hard. Had I been in a car I don't think I could have missed him.

That would have been a scene where you would drive by and wonder how the hell two bikes are
    down in the middle of the road, straight section, extra room on both sides......:scratch

At the summit where there is a gravel parking lot on the South side I had just come over the
    top into the left hand turn and a double upped cruiser decided to cross the road into the parking
    lot. I didn't even have time to brake. It was a swerve to miss. About then I was thinking not a great
    day to be on the road.

The good news is, as Trackhead mentioned, I was able to get the surgical tubing out fine,
    the gerbil sadly did not survive.
  15. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    We remove those sorts of things in the ER if you need some help.
  16. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    The bike was hot...
  17. The Walrus

Oddometer:
    The bigger danger is that the tubing was just hot enough to make it sticky and it's adhered to the inside of the frame as it cooled. That would make the circulating idea a bit difficult to work unless you could heat the oil. It also makes it difficult to dislodge with a probe as it could break off where it's stuck.

Was it the clear or yellow tubing that your buddy was using? Seems the yellow stuff is thinner and floppier, might be more prone to a slight melt and adherence........
  18. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, me too. I've always thought he was wise beyond his years,,, and that's pretty wise.:D
  19. Double Moo

Double Moo lookin' for adventure

Oddometer:
    Had to rescue a catheter or two have you?
  20. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe.:shog

Yes, a virtual cave of carnal knowledge.:lol3