ROLL THE BONES V October 24-26, 2014 UPDATE THREAD!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    IT is the time of the year to think about Roll the Bones....THIS THREAD IS NOTto say who is in or to register. I have been inudated by PMs, emails, phonecalls, and snail mails about RTB V. It WILL HAPPEN October 24-26 at Uncle Gus's Marina, Cabins, and campground on Lake Whitney. I am currently working with shirt vendor to set pricing so I can have registration and tshirt orders at the SAME time on one screen when you register.
    I hope to have the Website ready to take registration and shirt orders by next week. As those that attended last year learned, we provided meals Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday dinner, and Sunday morning. Hospitality was also provided Friday night and Saturday night. I hope I can convince Kaiser to help me brew some more ale:freaky There are 31 cabins and plenty of RV spots. Tent camping is included in the registration. There are two restroom/shower buildings on the premis near the 2 swimming pools so women can have their own separate restroom facilities. The route masters are hard at work for new routes. We are getting good rain so it is changing the roads up for us. Ulybrad of IXL Riding School will be hosting a riding class this year again for those interested in polishing their skill sets for out more challenging routes. I am also planning a special challenge for those who like a challenge of their riding skills and navigation abilities. I will be in charge of food again so we do not have to contend with outside caterers. Again we will have a raffle benefiting Wounded Warrior Project. Feel free to donate items to the raffle. THOSE FUNDS ARE STRICTLY GIVEN TO WWP! I will donate the any extra funds from registration to WWP! Remember this is YOUR ADV rally, I created for ADV Riders in Texas...I serve you...and remember RTB Cares!
  2. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Anyone that has interest in volunteering at RTB please PM me:deal
  3. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    2014 RTB V logo:
    [​IMG]
  4. maximus_flavius

maximus_flavius Long timer

Oddometer:
    "by PMs, emails, phonecalls, and snail mails"

People really still send snail mail?

I'm looking forward to RTB.
  5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Hey! Watch this...

Oddometer:
    I sent my registration via smoke signals, at night. Did you get it??? :evil
  6. maximus_flavius

maximus_flavius Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would you accept a registration via telegraph?
  7. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Hey! Watch this...

Oddometer:
    Western Union last year...
  8. cleatusj

cleatusj Dirt floor engineer

Oddometer:
    In person while chasing goats at the Ghost ranch should work.:huh
  9. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I got the smoke signal that you were selling the KTM for $500:lol3
  10. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I am a bit slow on my Morse code:D
  11. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the help getting the goats caught! Still cannot believe how far you rode that sidecar with the hack up:eek1
  12. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    ROLL THE BONES REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!! COME AND GET IT!:evil
  13. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, it took my info and my paypal so I hope it is all working.
  14. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    It doesn't look good for me to attend this year. :cry Trying to get some things worked out.
  15. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    What???? You are an original Boner:huh Wait Did I say that...What I meant to say is you have been with us from the start!
  16. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Boneheads might be a better term for attendees. :rofl
  17. Kev675

Kev675 n00b

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine Christian Ninaud sent me this way after finding out I just picked up a WR250R and this is sounding like some fun.

I have never ridden dirt/off road before so just looking for some ideas on if this trip is doable in my situation or should I wait until my skill level is up and maybe bike is up to par.

All I have at the moment is mainly street gear and a stock bike.

If I were to attend I would just backpack it down and get a cabin most likely.
    Are there different routes for different skill levels or ranges (2 gallon tank)?

Any info is appreciated!

-Kevyn
  18. DepthFinder

DepthFinder Portly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kev, the routes are all pretty much public dirt roads and very doable by beginners. For YOUR enjoyment, ride your own ride. Don't join up with a group of riders who are going really fast :evil if it is not at your skill level or you would not enjoy it. I've seen this happen to a few riders who were really bummed out because they wanted to go slow and sight-see but spent the weekend trying to survive. If that is your plan and you don't want to go alone or burden others, let everyone know what you're plan is and I guarantee you'll have half a dozen folks come over and want to ride with you. Same thing if you want to haul ass :lol3 (edit to add: The rides aren't led, most people just wind up clumping up into groups of friends/similar expectations. As far as fuel mileage goes, you'll be fine. There are many many places to break off and get fuel.)

There are all types, and they are all the friendliest bunch of crazies I've met. I backpack camped riding my dr650 the first year, camped from my v-strom the next. This year I'll probably truck the XR down. I can probably squeeze an extra bike in if you don't want to ride down. Bottom line: SIGN UP AND GO! You'll have a good time. :freaky

If you're new to riding or gravel, let me know and we can meet and tear up the gravel roads north of 380 so you can spend more time enjoying the ride at RTB.
  19. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Brad will be doing an intro class at the sand pitts again:deal We call it Sand:101 but useful for most:norton
  20. DepthFinder

DepthFinder Portly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll definitely be in for that after I confirm that I can attend this year. I went to RRMT and hated the sand so damn bad :lol3 It wasn't made for fat people.

On a side note, is there an upcharge for bringing a non-rider? My wife and little boy want to come down and go sightseeing during the day and hang out at the fire. I didn't see a note on the official site or here, and don't want to short change you on all the food and hospitality they will gobble up.