Full-Synthetic 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by aiMhi, Apr 10, 2012.

1. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Sorry I have been out and about. Will send it to ya tomorrow ok.
  2. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:
    Looks good to me, I just ordered a case.
  3. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Rufus - You order was placed and it is on its way via UPS. Should have some shipping info to hand you in the next 24hrs.
    You will NOT be dissapointed :)

Thanks,
    Bern
  4. SikDMAX

SikDMAX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got your dealer info, I think Im going to try out at least a pail for the shop and see how it is. Will email.

Thanks!
  5. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    I received word this afternoon from Royal Manufacturing that I will be receiving the first batch of custom blended Full Synthetic PAO Class 4 - 10W40 for testing and analysis. For those wondering, this is not repackaged oil from another company but exclusively blended by Royal as a new product.

We will be sending it off to Blackstone for an independant VOA to see if it meets our requirements. If not, its going back to their lab which is called Riverside Laboratories Inc., the technical support arm of Royal Manufacturing Company. Many people have asked for more information on this company.Let it be know that they service the oil industry and their lab actually does oil sampling for oil companies. Royal Manufacturing owns Troco and Wright Oil Company including Riverside Laboratories.

"TULSA August 16, 2012 -- Riverside Laboratories, Inc has been selected for the 2012 Best of Tulsa Award in the Oil Sampling Service For Oil Companies category by the Tulsa Award Program" http://www.royalmfg.com/news.html

Hoping to turn it around in a week or so.

Until then we have the 15w50 Full synthetic available for your thumper or V-Twin bike.

Thanks for following,
    Bern
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    :ear
  7. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Ok coolz this is going to happen - I got the 10W40 Royal Mfg Monarch Super Synthetic in today from the Royal Mfg Lab and it is off to the Blackstone Laboratory for an independent analysis. Came in a i-kinda-like black bottle.

Hope the VOA comes back positive or she's going back. :deal

I have received many positive remarks from folks running the 15W50 Full Syn in their 950 Adventures, V-Stroms and many other thumpers including my XR650R and a Porsche 911 (I dunno believe the older Porsches dont like Moly). Hope for the same on the 10W40. You will not find another Class IV PAO base for the price with shipping included.

As a side note I just send another donation check to COHVCO as my commitment on this project and my Universal Enduro Fairing.

Regards and thanks for the support.
    Bern

[​IMG]
  8. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    We got the VOA lab results back from Blackstone Laboratories. It looks like Royal Mfg. have met the challenge. According to Blackstone it is a good oil and it will be a bargain for a PAO Base Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil. I was just at a bike store today - really - I could not believe the price for some of that oil in there. This is going to run just over $6/ quart delivered to your door.

Royal Mfg. did indicate that the Zinc content will be a bit higher at around 1900 PPM when in production:

"As I mentioned the 2 gals sample I sent to Terry have a higher % of the zinc booster up to 1900 ppms vs 1700 of the one you got!
    We are very excited about these products and once we get feedback from you guys we will be ready to launch it.
    Have a great evening!

Xavier Carrillo
    Royal MFG Co"

Release date Jan 14 -18th, 2013

[​IMG]
  9. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:

Thanks for the support Tirebiter, your order is in. You will be happy with the performance :deal

Royal Mfg. will be upping the zinc content in the 15W50 to 1900 ppm as well (including the coming 10W40) since a Ducati dealership has picked up Royal's Monarch line and they need to conform to their higher than normal Zinc requirements.
  10. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    I wish we could ship faster than UPS ground but shipping 25lb and a big box is super expensive any other way.
    Thanks for the feedback and let us know how the bike runs!
    Bern
  11. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    Case ordered. Thanks.
  12. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the purchase. Order placed and your case will be on its way shortly!
    Bern

13. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Hi - Royal Mfg is looking for some bike pic's to put on their new reformulated High-Zinc Synthetic Monarch 15W50 and 10W40 oil label.

If you have a great pic of you and your bike (Thumper or V-twin's) Asian, American etc. bikes such as KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley's, BMW's, Ducati's ...you name it post it up here. Nice drive-by pics with scenery are always cool! You need to be the owner of the pic of course.

I cant promise any payment for the pic but maybe you can get your bike on a product and have some bragging right's and maybe some oil :evil

Thank you,
    Bern
  14. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Worth a shot, I suppose!

[​IMG]
  15. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Thanks will send it along and contact you if they take it :clap
  16. bv11

bv11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any UOA on this oil yet?
  17. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm very interested, but curious why the VOA on the 15w-50 shows low ZDDP. I saw a mention of 1371, wondered why the disparity. Need it for flat-tappet engines, so that number is important. Please clarify...

So far I've noticed is a correspondence between ZDDP and quiet running on my bikes. Mobil1 V-Twin (11/qt) is quietest, has something like 1600 ZDDP, then Valvoline ZR-1 dino (7/qt) is next in quietness with around 1300. I have some Brad Penn to try yet and some of the Syntec for vintage engines, just need to ride more so I can test them all out.
  18. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    I have posted some VOA's and there might be some UOA's floating around on the "old" formuation but I dont have any on my pc.

Coming the 3rd week of January 2013 - a completely new formulated high Zinc/ new additive package Full-Synthetic 15W50 and the result of popular demand a new Full-Synthetic 10W40 with the same booster additive pack. High TBN retention was one of the requirements. The VOA on the 10w40 a couple pages back was the initial formulation so you will have to wait until January for the latest info when I am allowed to release the information and cost.

Thanks,
    Bern
  19. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:

Speedy K - I can tell you that we heard what you are saying about the ZDDP. This is the expensive part to oils....
    We also felt it was lacking a bit on the 15W50 so we set a benchmark to Royal Mfg. and they have changed to a different Zinc booster additive package. See the VOA a page back and you will see 1750 on Zinc, however they upgraded the entire additive package so I cant wait for the latest oil to come my way and run VOA/UOA. That information and product will be available for both the 15W50 and 10W40 third week of January.

Thanks,
    Bern
  20. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, I'll pop by again to check out the new oil. Maybe use the first post for complete listings on VOA, weights, and prices so it's easy to find.