custom seats

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Fish Freak, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Fish Freak

Fish Freak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone outthere have any coments about FISHER SEATS they also specailize in saddle
    bags both for dirt and dualsport bikes i am intersted and wondered what the inmates had to
    say if anything i had never heard of them tell the other dayi was looking .the price seems great.:ear
  2. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Be a trendsetter , buy one and report back .

:wink:
  3. Fish Freak

Fish Freak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    id love to but im a small buget blue collar guy with three kids i cant afford to buy
    crap that will need replacing often im a review reader.like the ones on cabelas site are great
    but that dosnt help me here.
  4. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. grinns

grinns Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    Not good enough? :rofl

[​IMG]
  6. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    I live near boise where fishers is located and know of a few guys that have had their seats done and are happy. I've been thinking of having my DRZ seat done this winter. Like you, I'm a working man with a brood :lol3 and can't seem to part with the dough. You could call the guys at Happy Trails in Boise. I know at least one of the staff is on a Fisher.

Good luck
  7. Crusier Dude

Crusier Dude pavement inspecter

Oddometer:
    I have a 2004 DRZ 400 when I got it I hated the stock seat. My friend down here in Boise already has his done so he let me ride his DRZ for a FEW SHORT miles then wanted his bike BACK. My first ride was only 82 miles and I was ready to get off the bike.
    After Dave did his MAGIC to my original seat I felt like I was floating across the rough stuff. I live in Boise also, I was able to drive over to Dave's and chat with him awhile. Very nice guy, did what I asked in a timely manner and after the seat was done, I now have riden over 200 mile trips and wanting more fun.
    I took my DRZ to Hells Canyon Gathering last year and rode some really knarly stuff with a SMILE on my face each day I was over there.

You will NOT regret having Dave do your seat.

Les in Boise.
  8. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    i had him do my GSA seat. No crunching nuts! He uses a much firmer foam. He is a rider also, understands what you want. Took my BMW on a 7000 mile trip to Canada last summer and his seat worked awesome. Quality work for a lot less $$$. People that get $450 to do a seat for $10 in foam and $15 worth of vinyl + a couple hours of labor?
  9. cbmma1969

cbmma1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had him do both my DRZ seat and the TE610 seat. Been happy with both. He'll work with you on want you want. Turn around depends on how busy he is at the time. Very reasonably priced.
  10. smilin jack

smilin jack Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had Fisher modify my stock DR650 seat and put an all new cover. They cut down the old foam and put in their better foam and made it about 12" wide in the part where I sit (they asked how far back from the tank). Very satisfied for about 1 1/2 years now and it still looks new. Yep, would do it again.

Did the whole thing by email. They asked questions and I answered. They asked more questions and more answers given. Shipped to them USPS for about $10 each way and got it back in about a week. Job well done.

Dave
  11. alainmax

alainmax ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer:

+1 and Don does not take a couple hours to do the job !! Rather it is a half a day well spent in meeting a passionate guy that wants to do it right!!
    I had mine re visited as i needed some adjustments and he did it with a smile.
    He does a fantastic job and i love supporting local biz :clap
  12. FastMag

FastMag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had three seats done by Don at Mr. Ed's Moto and had a buddy of mine do his KLR seat. He does amazing work and is fun to hang out with for the day.
  13. Ryel

Ryel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Fish Freak

Fish Freak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey guys thanks for the reports i now have a fist full of rely good evaluations sorry it took
    so long to respond my computer has been on the fritz until today.