Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mikrow

mikrow Where'd my bike go?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick responses.

Order placed for in stock goods at Cyclebuy.com. :clap

Now I just need to find the flex tubing for the weephole mod....

Mikrow
  2. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    it doesnt look flared out to me.the ends are beveled.
  3. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking like you have some wear to me. Mine is currently straight all the way down. No flare. Better hurry up with the Cush hub!
  4. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:
    Splines look ok, but you need a new countershaft seal kit.:deal
  5. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    if it was flared out you wouldnt have been able to slide the sprocket off.
  6. dave186

dave186 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I joined the club.
    [​IMG]

Picked up this 09 570 for a pretty sweet deal. Looking forward to getting this thing setup how I like it, seems like a great chassis and engine.
  7. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    After 4.5 year on my thursty 690 enduro I am looking into something else. I am a fan of torque and do not like the high revving light weights of today (350/390/450). I think the 570 will suite me.

Is there somebody who can compare the 690 with the 570?

What is the average fuel consumption during a rally, in other words what extra fuel tank do I need for lets say 150-200km reach. And is it true that this bike is pretty light on front so it is better to mount a front tank?

Thanks in advance.
    Niek

[​IMG]
  8. Jonathan75

Jonathan75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been reading a ton on the cush hub for the rear wheel on a 570. I guess i need to get one but there is so much information on this. Is there such thing as one that is already set up ready to put on I can order from somewhere. What is the easiest way to get one on the bike? I must be missing something sounds like you have to scrounge around for parts and build one. Sorry for asking about info on this topic when there is so much information out there but it is overwhelming. If anyone can simplify this i would really really appriciate it.
  9. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not really it's actually very easy... All you need to do is call Woody's wheel works!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  10. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    So.. RAD makes a cush hub and has a Husaberg specific page:
    http://www.radmfg.com/category-s/10371.htm

I think the best way to go would be to call Woody's and just tell them what you want.. have the build you up a bomb proof set with high end rim and heavy duty spokes. Edit: 205'd as I was typing.. see above post. ^^^
    http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/home.htm#

I know Lukas liks the Haan hub better,, I think he posted a comparison somewhere.. but they are spendy..
    http://www.knobby.eu/en/art/wheels-...tm-husa-all-95-10-18-2-50-rear-cush-drive.php

Or you could scrounge a KTM rear wheel of a 640 adventure or other KTM bike that came with a cush hub from the factory.. that is what I did.. it is laced to an Excel rim with heavy duty spokes,,done by Woody.. but I bought it complete from someone.
  11. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    i've owned both, posted my thoughts on the second page of this thread:
    ktm 690 Enduro or Husaberg FE570?

thirsty? a mate's 2012 690 was getting incredible fuel economy but ran like a dog down low. once he got the pipe and a remap it was definitely using more fuel but still gets an average of 20km/L on adventure rides, the same as my FE570 and he's definitely heavier on the throttle.

the 70 degree bergs do have rear weight bias so personally i'd be trying to get extra fuel up front. i'm usually sitting as far forward as i can to minimize front wheel wash outs.

best economy on an easy adv ride was 205km with the stock tank but tilting the bike to get that last bit of fuel to make the next service station. faster adv ride with some single track thrown in, more typical to see the fuel light come on at 160km and run out at about 190km.

not sure what you'd get with your rally riding though... there's a whole thread dedicated to the topic of fe570 fuel economy here.
  12. Dahlin

Dahlin Need more time...

Oddometer:
    Bike runs good again.
    Changed fuel and the little fuel filter by the throttle body, removed the fuel injector and cleaned it by blowing compressed air through it "backwards"

Cheap and easy fix, thanks Husaberg.
  13. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks B1, this is good info!
  14. Possu

Possu de-nOObed!

Oddometer:
    I'd lost interest in my FE390 in recent months, hadn't ridden it since last September, spent the winter riding my 690 instead.

Got the 390 back on the road last week, took it for a 150 trailride on Friday and a practice day at a local MX track yesterday. Really appreciated the lack of weight compared to the 690 and the way that it soaked up everything that the MX had to offer. The only adjustments made for the track was to increase rear preload slightly. Viewing the pics that were taken, a lot more preload would have been better but as I only visit the MX track once every couple of years it's not a problem.

I've got a 20 minute video taken from my helmet cam that I'll post up on YouTube once I've worked out how to use Movie Maker Live - see below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics here: https://possu.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2013-May-Gosia/29281691_gkPrmZ#!i=2496595798&k=fmcXbVL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t_pIgg4FdGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. BigDuck

BigDuck Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    Quick question:
    When I first get on my bike at the beginning of the day for a ride, the front brake lever pulls all the way into the bars. After riding for a hour to so, I find it is back to engaging where it should be (about 1/3 the way in is where I have it).
    At all times, the braking effect and the feel of the braking is still excellent (no sponginess etc).

I've checked the little screw adjuster on the lever - it is working properly and engaging cleanly.

I suppose I just change the brake fluid, bleed it and see if it is fixed - but all I speak to say that these symptoms are a bit odd.
  16. FamilyRider

FamilyRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know why, but it does that some times. I did a fair amount of Internet research when mine did that. I was loading the bike in the trailer for a multi-day trip to southern Utah and found I had no front brake!

The fix is pretty easy. Just pull your brake lever in all the way and tie it in that position for an hour (or longer if you have time). I tied mine off while hauling the bike in the trailer. When I got to the trailhead, it was as good as new.

I also read that if you store your bike with the handlebar turned to the left, which puts the brake lever at the highest point, it is less likely to occur. I haven't had a repeat occurrence since I started doing that.

I still don't understand it, but at least it appears to not be a serious problem.
  17. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just saw someone selling a 70 degree racing underseat tank over on Husaberg.org

It looks like one of the first-gen versions.

I have no affiliation (either with the site or the seller).
  18. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    Dang, that is pretty close to me! Have some spare money sitting here but after trying (and failing) to get some GPS software to work on my phone I think I am going to spend that money on a new Montana 600. Will probably get better use out of the GPS over the extra gallon of fuel. Still very tempting, though. Thanks for posting this!
  19. SmileyRider

SmileyRider With lots of Teeth

Oddometer:
    I know this is off topic, but what issues did you run into using gps software on your phone? I would like to reduce clutter by using one device for multiple things
  20. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    I am a GPS idiot so keep this in mind. I downloaded GPS essentials and the Dualsportmaps App. The issues I am running into are numerous. The biggest problem I am having is trying to download maps to the phone and pull them up in either app. I tired making tracks in google earth and downloading them into my phone as a .kml file. GPS essentials will not recognize the file. I then tried importing .gpx files I received into the DualSportMaps app and that doesn't work. Says no files found. He says in his thread you can pull them thru email but I can not get that to work either. I have read as much as the thread as I can on the app but feel like I wasted my $20. For that I feel like there should be a users manual. The youtube videos don't help much.

In short, trying to take a trip next week on the trans eastern trail. Can't upload anything to my phone so I can follow it. Have tried several times but wind up getting frustrated and giving up. You may have better luck.