Anyone Seen a Service Manual for 2013 F800GS?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Hamish71, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Hamish71

Hamish71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone Seen a Service Manual for 2013 F800GS?
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Not seen one yet ............

AFAIK there are only three manual sources ...

DVD from dealer (which is up to at least revision 5, but I'm not sure of the latest revision level,
    and if it has any updates specifically for the 2013 manual

DVD from eBay - some seem legit, some not so much

Haynes manual - you could shoot them an e-mail and see if they plan a revised edition, or if they think one is needed.
  3. shashankmittal

shashankmittal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am interested too. If someone has it, then can upload an ISO image of the CD online so that everyone can download it.
  4. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    :nono not allowed here my friend!

5. Nimi

Nimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump. Need one too. Best source? Thanks
  6. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered the CD 'manual' from SierraBMW, after repeated assurance(s) that it was the MOST current, up-to-date 2013 spec...... It arrived promptly, but must have shipped through a worm-hole from the year 2010.
  7. Morro

Morro like a ship in the night

Oddometer:
    I have had one on back order since I got my new 2013 f700gs in May. I go into the dealers every 2 weeks and they check the system but none have appeared as yet. Dealer rings BMW Australia and was told he would be the second person in Aust to know (after them), I think because they are sick of me getting the dealer to ring. Bit slack on BMW though, if you live away from the dealer system, you may need to know how to get a part off to be replaced without butchering something else. But then again you could use BMW roadside assist, which is probably what they want you to do, even though it may cost them the price of a simple part 10 times over. I am lucky I live 15 mins from a dealer but most of my riding is usually hundreds of KM from a dealer. I am not a major mechanical person but can do basic things and would like to know my bike a bit better even if it is only by reading and carrying the info with me to assist if needed.

rant over
  8. Kiwi Tinkerer

Kiwi Tinkerer Ross

Oddometer:
    The changes for 2013 bike are minimal so I would think the original CD will cover just about anything an owner would need for maintenance and repair.

I have used the BMW cd for my last 3 bikes. (F800gs, XChallenge and R1200gs)
    I purchased a genuine one from dealer. However, if you search on line you should have no problem finding one.

The CD is pretty good. Covers most things. It also includes service check lists, if you look hard enough. Only down side is no wiring diagram.

Good luck.

I also recommend GS-911 if you are doing your own servicing.
  9. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Revision 6 of the official DVD published in 2010 does seem to be the latest edition any one has here in North America ...

There are several vendors offering the 6th Ed. on eBay, I can't vouch for the authenticity, but most do come with money back guarantee.
  10. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you want a wiring diagram, get the Haynes book.
    There isn't a massive amount of difference between the book and the factory disc. If you are handy, you'll figure out a way to take the Haynes book with you in a way that takes up zero space except on your smartphone. Loading the disc into a PC memory takes a little while.
  11. FinTec

FinTec Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just wrote to Hayes to see if they plan to make update to include 2013+ 800's. IMHO there are a quite a few changes in the 2013+ line that an update would be nice.

That said I cannot believe the factory CD does not include a wiring diagram! I just received mine and spent an hour looking before I realize it is not included. I find this hard to believe. Are they saying the techs at BMW do not have a wiring diagram to work with? :eek1

That said, anyone have a source for the wiring diagram for the 2013+ 800's?
  12. Kiwi Tinkerer

Kiwi Tinkerer Ross

Oddometer:
    I am pretty sure that BMW publish wiring diagrams separately for their service staff. I tried to find one for my xchallenge. One dealer sent me some screen prints.
  13. Morro

Morro like a ship in the night

Oddometer:
    Maybe this will help see post 44
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685465&page=3

CD repair manual is available. F models K7x All Models (7. edition 09/2013) part no 01 59 8 551 291
  14. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Mail me a beer ... :freaky

Damn ... revision 7 is out .............
    I wonder if a guy with a 2009 model year bike needs it ... :lol3
  15. FinTec

Oddometer:
    Morro,

Thank you , that does help. However, it does not show the wiring for the ABS which is what we really need.

We have done an ABS delete on a 2013 8GS. However, in order for the brake light to work it needs to "see" the ABS unit itself. I am guessing a safety feature if the brake system bleeds down, it defaults to "brake light on". However, having a dead-non-functioning ABS brick still int here defeats the point. Most likely the Canbus needs to see a resistance in that brake light loop to be happy. If we can figure out which wire set that is, put a simple resister in there, then we can remove the ABS unit.

The reason this is an issue just on the 2013+ only is starting then ABS became standard. So now they don't even have a switch on the front brake, all done with the ABS logic.

So still looking for a master wiring diagram for a 13+ 8GS.....

Hayes did write back, no plans to come out with update to include 2013+. Bummer.
  16. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    Keep us in the loop on that. I really want to toss the ABS out of my 13.
  17. FinTec

Oddometer:
    Will do. Deleting ABS on these 13+ bikes is MUCH more involved. Once I have figured out, will post a "how to" for sure.
  18. tbracing280

tbracing280 Get down on it.

Oddometer:
    Did any of you end up finding a service manual for the 2013+ F800s? I assume it would be the same as the adventure model since they share practically everything (I have a 2014 F800GSA).
  19. Phymly

Phymly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2014 F700GS, I bought a complete BMW maintenance CD on eBay for $20. It came from Romania or something. It's an exact copy of the BMW CD they use at the dealers and has every BMW since the /5s. Yes I'm sure it's an illegal copy but the dealers want $150 for one and that's just crazy. Check eBay.
    stege likes this.
  20. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    I could almost "overlook" the $150 price if the updates to the manual were included,
    but they are on at least revision #6 for the 2009 twins and the stinking updates are NOT included....
    Marius BMW likes this.