WV dualsports,check in

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Tetched, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    wifey and I went for a ride yesterday, rode to breakfast and then cruised around on backroads before it got too hot. Was gonna got grab the WV TOR tag but decided not too.

I have the wife's XT set up for commuting. I may slap a small top case on it for some dry storage and I cant wait to burn off these stupid track masters. I look like an elephant on a bicycle but 73mpg is too good to pass up. Might pick up a Clark tank for it, getting gas every two days gets old. I slapped an old magnetic tank bag on it, my Rox risers off the WR, my old vstrom mirrors and cranked the preload up all the way on the shock, slid a sheep skin on it too. That seat is a freaking torture device. Flushed and put clean fluid in the front brake. Ready for commuter duty:rofl

the beast:lol3
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1971 by Rider_wv, on Flickr
  2. wvridgerider

wvridgerider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How far of a commute? You go down rt 2?
  3. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    ~55miles round trip, I go down and hit the bridge then up 35 to plantation. Rt 35 sucks on the little bike. Damn trucker ran off the road today, coming at me, he bailed out a damn giant pot hole on the berm and blew broken asphalt and gravel all over me, I took a big rock right to the left knee cap.

Little bike tops out right at 70(GPS) with me on it but gets blown around by rigs pretty bad.
  4. wvridgerider

Oddometer:
    Go up Staves Branch and Evergreen and it will take you out at the top of the hill on Plantation. This way you avoid 35. I don't even ride on 35.
  5. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can actually turn off 35 about a mile from the bridge on honeycut road and its gravel to evergreen, then hit white pine, barton chapel and long hollow and ride gravel all the way to work. Actually I will probably go home that way:clap lots of DS options. Dunlavy, Judy road, hambrick ridge, potts creek, mill stone=gravel and ATV trail on the north side of plantation all the way to work. I am usually running late in the mornings so I need a very direct route:lol3
  6. wvridgerider

Oddometer:
    Bob and I went over into Cabell county a couple of weeks ago. Found some four wheeler trails.
  7. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    any one out there have an 18" ds tyre for cheap:D
  8. TheInfamousDrBholmes

TheInfamousDrBholmes Long timer

Oddometer:
    I seen a critter hit on the road today that looked alot like that bike :lol3
  9. wvridgerider

Oddometer:
    I am thinking about selling the bike and getting out of riding. With the family and all it is getting harder to find time, or going riding is an all day event. I will probably get back into road cycling.
  10. TheInfamousDrBholmes

TheInfamousDrBholmes Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    saw a big group of KLR's on 33 Saturday evening, heading east between ripley and Spencer. Anyone on here? Prob 8-10 of them. I couldnt cuont I was distracted by all the milk crates:lol3
  12. WayneJ

WayneJ What?

Oddometer:
    WVhillbilly, it was good talking to you Saturday evening. :deal Thanks for the spring water. :freaky
  13. Falcon86

Falcon86 I just work here.

Oddometer:
    I definitely hear you. Little ones at home/work full time/college park time/life/etc. Any free time is precious and few, and breaking away for a full day gets harder and harder. Good luck with whichever way you decide.
  14. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    let m e know if you do start back down the roadie path. I still want to pick one up. Might head to Charleston Bicycle Friday, or Johns, really dont like Trek though.
  15. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should really buy that Bamboo frame on ADV.
  16. KillerBee300

KillerBee300 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ill believe it when i see it. Lol, even if i only get to ride once a month, that is one good day a month. Hope you change your mind.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  17. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:

:thumb

Good time for sure.

Anyone who didn't make it missed a great time.
  18. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    you can't sell out !!

think of all the proper dual-sporting to be done !!
  19. wvdirtbiker

wvdirtbiker MILES2GO

Oddometer:

Say it isn't so!

Chris, I understand where you are coming from but I hate to hear that.

And just when I'm ready to start riding again. I guess you will have to give me Bob's number.
  20. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    chris you must go on that trip, i don't think i can keep up with that pair:huh