L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know where the other photos are....but I did take a bit of a different Adventure today....

The wife deserved a sample sooo....Rented the Big Pig of Bikes....

[​IMG]

If you haven't ever ridden one of these Don't...it will ruin other bikes for you....soooo smooth....sooo quiet....sooo comfortable....crazy....300 miles felt like 50.....LA to Solvang and back...

Saw some of this

[​IMG]

And this
    [​IMG]

Rode home via this

[​IMG]

Which made for a happy one of these....

[​IMG]
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    That might turn into an expensive day. Do I hear a third bike being added to the stable? :clap

That's the way to get her into it, in style. My girlfriend tried to ride my f650, dropped it, torqued a rib that hurt her for a month, now she hates the bike, and bikes in general.
  3. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Good strategy!
  4. bouncing billy

bouncing billy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nowwhat full of it i didn't recognize any of those baaaabes:lol3
  5. rruugger

rruugger formally Sir Crashalot

Oddometer:
    That thing looks like a Honda Accord with the doors off of it! :lol3
  6. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

:rofl

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 08:26 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 9549330" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>xymotic</TD><TD class=alt2>That might turn into an expensive day. Do I hear a third bike being added to the stable? :clap

That's the way to get her into it, in style. My girlfriend tried to ride my f650, dropped it, torqued a rib that hurt her for a month, now she hates the bike, and bikes in general.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hi aaron..:wave

hope you didn't leave senor peligro pinned down by his bike, and dying in baja...:rofl so, how was it? :ddog
  7. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Ride! I too would have chosen the Wing but the wiffy really wanted the on board espresso maker that the BMWK1200LT comes with! :lol3
    [​IMG]
  8. toast

toast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The rest of the pictures from Saturday.....

Bouncing Billy putting secret additives in his super tanker.
    [​IMG]

Sheep
    [​IMG]

Billy said he gravitated to the rock that wasn't on the trail. I wasn't quick enough to catch him on the ground.
    [​IMG]

First stop for beer, it was still morning.
    [​IMG]

Ok, the way I heard it was there wouldn't be much sand or whoops. LOL! It was good practice for sure!
    [​IMG]

606 reporting for duty, no flats today :)
    [​IMG]

Nowwhat? I will tell you nowwhat....we are about to head into some rocky downhills....for me they were pretty serious. Nothing I would want to go back up.
    [​IMG]

After the downhills was a nice obstacle course.
    [​IMG]

Passing was difficult
    [​IMG]

After the sandwash the 950s had a chance to cool down while we waited for the singles to arrive :)
    [​IMG]

Harder than it looks. We ended up just pushing it over without the wheel spinning.
    [​IMG]

Moving at a snails pace here, the Kawasaki was diggin in for the winter
    [​IMG]

Looks like a scorpion in this pic
    [​IMG]

Mudcycle, now this bike weighs as much as a 950.
    [​IMG]

Some of the foot prints back there were pretty deep, almost at the point where your foot would come out of the boot.
    [​IMG]

We were all laughing about this! I thought I was all good with my fresh 908 and all that HP. Oops, I see a low fender here.
    [​IMG]

I am glad to be providing some of the entertainment! Nowwhat laughing his ass off. I wasn't able to ride the bike very well when the front tire wasn't spinning.
    [​IMG]

Thought I was in the clear when we took this pic, not so.
    [​IMG]

I know why they have a "super" in the name of this bike.
    [​IMG]

Time for grubbin
    [​IMG]

By the way, we didn't stop for pictures. I always had to be quick with the camera as these guys wanted to RIDE!
    [​IMG]

Seriously, how is this for an unload site? The bank at the Tampa exit at the 101. I was exhausted and wanted to lay down on the grass.
    [​IMG]

Click any of the pics to get to the full album. Videos coming in a couple of days.
  9. TwoWheelsGood

TwoWheelsGood Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer:
    Don't knock the Wing :deal

Me, in another lifetime, '05, 3wk trip with Mama. And, yes, that is a stuffed animal on the trailer tongue :D

[​IMG]
  10. rruugger

rruugger formally Sir Crashalot

Oddometer:
    Nice RR! Mojave/Rands loop looks like it was alot of fun! :ricky
  11. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    We were all laughing about this! I thought I was all good with my fresh 908 and all that HP. Oops, I see a low fender here.
    [​IMG]

I am glad to be providing some of the entertainment! Nowwhat laughing his ass off. I wasn't able to ride the bike very well when the front tire wasn't spinning.
    [​IMG]

Credit where it is due....Toast rode that bike 40-50 feet with the front tire fully locked...pretty impressive....then to clear the mud...he popped the clutched and wheelied the bike...whent the tire smacked back down it all came free.....:clap
  12. bouncing billy

Oddometer:
    I forgot about some of the downhills but these guys can ride so it was no biggie.Some how we got split up towards the end of the ride ,so i found a new line from cal cit to mojave,nice to track with about fifty jumps.Save it for the next one.For some reason the klr gets tired and needs a occassional dirt nap.Toast thanks for the pics ,next time we make it to the husky monument.Knlkern thanks for the conversation up and back and nowwhat we'll brady will always be brady:lol3
  13. nsfw

Oddometer:

:wave hi tony....:wings finally we have a community member who rides fast and will not hesitate to use his camera and share funny memories...:thumb

unlike the rest of the FFs...i don't know why they still bother to bring their cameras...:ddog

reason 1...negatives and printing are expensive..:cry

reason 2..joel doesn't crash anymore and no pics to take....:lol3

reason 3..i'm not as good as joel when it comes to rr....:(:

reason 4...i still don't have a smug account cuz i'm a cheap bastard..:nod
  14. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:
    reason 5...I'm so far behind everyone else that there's no one for me to take pics of:rofl
  15. qwiksilver

qwiksilver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nah....I'm always behind you because I'm slower.

I crash alot but I'm so far back that the cameras are already at Newcomb's Ranch and half way through lunch. :poser
  16. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK Joel.. you asked for it, you got it.. FINE!!

reason 6.. I only get one day off a week and couldn't post a ride report until I did all my chores.

reason 7.. I had to take that time to wash that crazy, metal eating mud, off of my Yamaha!

So here it go's! :deal

After Mike's Roadhouse Cafe for breakfast, We fueled up (and as posted before we think Billy added something special to his fuel tank!) then we parked the trucks at Kayo's Trailer Park, always safe and secure from the toothless ones. :eek1
    [​IMG]
    We headed out of Mo-jave down old Hwy58 crossed over the new Hwy58 until it turned into dirt then headed north on 20th St..
    [​IMG]
    some street huh? encountered a few washouts and had to divert..
    [​IMG]
    we soon hit Cal City limits along the tracks and the saw the sheepers
    (insert prefered sheep joke here) :lol3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before long, following the RR tracks, we arrived at Jawbone Canyon Store for refreshments.. :freaky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We headed out from the store via Jawbone, no time for pics, before Blue Point we headed East for Dove Springs and Red Rock, where we encountered lots of whoop de doos, some fun two track and a gnarly downhill or two..until our rest stop at the entrada to Dove Springs, next stop, Red Rock Canyon!
    [​IMG]
    Where Billy's KLR wanted a lil' sand nap! :huh
    Going down the infamous & sandy Last Chance Canyon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Which way is north?? Oh yeah.. :fyyff
    [​IMG]
    after getting down & out of Last Chance Cyn, we were riding along the RR tracks by Koehn dry lake bed (not so dry) I was the last in the group.. I wont say his name but the ride leader, whos initials are "Bouncing Billy" (Oops), took off from the RR tracks and I'm thinkin'.."Where the Hell is he going.. NOOOOOooooooo!"
    ..this is near where I used to camp every Thanksgiving and I had pulled a friend out who got another buddy's ATC stuck in there many years ago..
    I knew better than to ride out there and this was the result..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after the Koehn (dry?) Lake escapade we rode into Randsberg and had lunch, and it had quite an OHV crowd as they are very dirtbike friendly and that brings alot of income to their town every weekend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not many pics after lunch as we were behind on time and the sun was getting sleepy in the sky, no time for lollygaggin'!
    Where we last saw Billy was just past the timber mineshaft - he went West:huh as we followed the supposed plan (I'll bring all my radio's next time) :norton
    and the powerlines to Kramer Junction, fueled up and then slabbed it the 40 miles or so along Hwy58 into Moe-Jave.. Quite a harrowing experience with all the wind blowing us sideways out there! BB was waiting at the trucks in Mojave :D I was really glad as he was my ride and I didn't wanna slab it the 70 miles back to LA in the 40+ mph wind!! :wink:
    Thanks to NW, BB and Toast, some great riding buds for sure!
  17. bouncing billy

Oddometer:
    great rr and pics knlkern,can't wait for the next free weekend:freaky
  18. nsfw

Oddometer:
    :wave thanks chris for the nice rr....:thumb

reasons #6 and 7 are kinda lame....:ddog

where was yzlvr and dave? i guess they didn't get pinged (secretly invited)!.......:lol3

:gerg darn you guys...ride like this, always wish i'm no longer a nOOb...:baby
  19. SergX

SergX Back on the Saddle

Oddometer:
    If anyone's planning a local ride this Sat - looks like I'm out.

I was just doing some minor maintenance on the XT, and found I've lost a spoke on the rear tire. :becca

Anyone want to teach me / show me how to replace it? Well, the actual spoke I know I can figure out... it's the part of removing and reinstalling the rear tire that I totally messed up last time - totally destroyed the tube.
  20. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    fill the tube with air to give it some shape, then stuff it in the tire. don't forget to put a generous amount of baby powder in the tire and on the new tube.:deal