Northeastern Minnesota

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by arrowhead rider, Apr 25, 2011.

1. tommymerle

tommymerle advwanabee

Oddometer:
    that's what I want for back woods riding. I'm just too freaking old to keep picking up my 440lb. 650 every time i do a get off in the woods.
    :clap
    and you know i would have been doing the Rollie b Free skivies only laydown to get all the speed out of that 12hp.
    I woud have had my helmie on though.
  2. Lutz

Lutz Fuzzy Rabbit

Oddometer:
    Barn find...cabin bike...I call it hitting the JACKPOT! JWalters, I'm starting to envy your collection of motos (but only a little bit :wink:).

On another note...any of you more north than me folks get hit by that storm the other day? Any idea of potential for fresh blow downs in the SNF?
  3. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:
    3 inches of rain in Schroeder. No blowdowns reported but serious mud puddles around every corner have been..:evil
  4. jwalters

jwalters Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,
    I'm tentatively planning a ride out West late September. I have a bike in storage in an airport hangar near Sonoma, CA. Long story short, I'll be coming through Yellowstone (from Oregon) circa 25 September. I plan on riding around Yellowstone for a couple days (25-27 Sept), and then swinging over to the Blackhills (28-29 Sept) for a few days. I want to be home by 30 September. If anyone wants to meet up in Oregon or Yellowstone or the Blackhills, let me know!

This is what I'll be riding back home.:clap
    [​IMG]

This is the bike's stable-mate! Not bad company!
    [​IMG]
  5. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    TannerC is having his Black Hills get together the weekend of Sept. 20th. Dakota Dual sport Riders are also getting together that weekend.
    TannerC's routes may be a little more then you want to do on a new 950cc bike. Yes, C-Zulu did it, but like I said, a little more then you want to do. The DDSR guys are planning more of a big bike weekend.
  6. jwalters

Oddometer:

Oh that's right! I forgot about that!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the Dakotas earlier than 25 Sept. I'll be leaving California September 18th and riding the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco up to Seattle. And then back south to Oregon where I'll be doing some street riding with a friend from the area for a few days. So I won't be heading east until the 23rd at the earliest.
  7. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for an early morning Delta Diner run this Saturday morning? They open at 8am, I'm thinking about leaving around 6:30-7am from Little Marais. We can meet along the way or at the Diner. Anyone else interested? :ear

EDIT: After breakfast, maybe make a loop of it and head to Bayfield or Cornicopia.
  8. Lutz

Lutz Fuzzy Rabbit

Oddometer:
    I can't. :cry My wife works Saturday, so I've got the kids. Maybe I'll get some work done on the 450, though.
  9. Evil Santa

Evil Santa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm interested. Blacktop all the way?
    Jim
  10. MikeS

MikeS You betcha! Vamos! Supporter

Oddometer:
    South of the Border on the Minnesota Riviera
    In, but you're getting hard core. This is getting to be like an iron butt saddlesore, where you go to bed and get only 5 hours of sleep. I'll bring my street bike. Since I can, I'll text you Saturday AM and meet you at your driveway.

11. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Sounds like blacktop all the way! I can already taste the banana cream pie!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  12. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Sounds great Mike! I hope to be back at the Little Marais Motorcycle Ranch by 2ish. So we can play the route home by ear. I love stoping in Cornucopia when I can though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  13. MikeS

MikeS You betcha! Vamos! Supporter

Oddometer:
    South of the Border on the Minnesota Riviera
    What's at Cornucopia besides a sand beach?
  14. jwalters

Oddometer:
    More coffee...

15. Snomore

Snomore Northwoods Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm "In" I can meet you in Two Harbors on your way through. Sounds like you'll be going through TH about 7:30-8:00ish.

John
  16. Evil Santa

Evil Santa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In, I'll also meet you in Two Harbors..
  17. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. For the Two Harbors crew, how about we meet at the Holiday at the HW2 and HW61 intersection at 730?

MikeS, we can leave accordingly to get there on time.

Tommymerle: are you allergic to pie and coffee or somethin?
  18. cuda

cuda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got to pedal from about 72 miles Grand Rapids to Virginia on the Mesabi Bike Trail. I'm working on this KAXE and Mesabi Trail fund raising bike ride. Last year we had over 750 bike riders. I am working as a support Road Marshall and crossing guard. I'll get to the Delta someday I've made it to the Dixie does that count? And it involves 2 wheels!! :clap
  19. bidda444

bidda444 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Not if Mike S leads - he'll show you all the back roads of South Range, running 150 miles to the Diner (about a 70 mile trip) !!! :D

Unfortunately I will spend Sat in tall grass hunting for my Titleist with an old golfing buddy. Eat well @ the Diner, and greet my friends in Corny at the coffee shop & general store.
  20. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    January 17th thru the 19th, just reserving it on my calendar because last year I missed going with everyone.:cry