Lean Angle Jeans - Finally protective jeans I would wear!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Domiken, Apr 29, 2013.

1. dentist the

dentist the Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I noticed on the first post a 28 waist was listed, but I didn't see it as an option on the site. Any chance you'll be stocking it again? I'm quite 'svelte' at 5'7" 130lbs.
  2. JRunner01

JRunner01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Why are there so many mix ups with sizes ordered vs sizes on the jean label?
  3. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I apologize, we are unfortunately out of 28's. They were a hit with the thinner folks. We will be stocking up soon. If you want shoot me an e-mail at sales@leananglejeans.com and I can notify you when we have availability.

There are no mix ups, it is simple, we had a label issue at the factory, which does not affect the fit of the jeans, just what the label says. I have been reaching out to customers and explaining to them the proper way to measure their favorite pair of jeans so I could make sure we take the proper measurements on our side before shipping orders, so our customers receive the proper fitting pair. All our customers have understood, especially when we can get them fitted with the proper pair.

For example, we had a customer that owns a pair of x jeans which he bought 3 years ago when he was a 34/32. Over the years he had not purchased a new pair of jeans or shorts. We sent him the size he ordered (34/32), it was too small, so during our conversation on the exchange he measured his favorite pair of jeans (measured from one side of the waistband to the other and times it by two) and he was actually a 36 in waist. We sent him a 36 waist and it fit him perfectly.
  4. JRunner01

JRunner01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Look forward to trying them on tonight. Briefly examined the contents of the box and was surprised how soft the Denim feels. Theses are my first pair of Motorcycle jeans so I am not sure what to compare them to. I guess I was expecting a more rigid feeling thick Denim. Seems just as soft feeling as my Levis.

I will let you guys know how they turn out once they are on and I have had a chance to wear them on the bike.

Excellent customer service from Kevin at Lean Angle.
  5. abnslr

abnslr rides a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    I've been riding in these for about a month and a half now, and really like them. Initially I had some difficulty with the waist size, but an exchange to a smaller size (handled quickly, efficiently, and with outstanding customer service) yielded a perfect fit -- a much better fit than the 'baggy' style that's all I've found in other brands so far. As temperatures are climbing into the high 80s now where I'm riding they are feeling a bit warm, but in the southern Italian summer pretty much everything feels warm. I agree with a previous comment that more belt loops might be nice, but on the whole I really like these jeans, and will almost certainly order a second pair at some point.
  6. JRunner01

JRunner01 n00b

Oddometer:
    I tried on the jeans and they fit but I don't feel comfortable wearing them in the short period of time I tried them on. They are what I ordered, size 38, so that's not the issue (so I think).

They just feel like a lot of extra weight which I understand why but I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing them all day. I feel I would want to change out of them making the whole point of buying them pointless. Currently I wear textile over pants with jeans and remove the over pants at work. I was hoping these would save me from having to remove over pants and wear two layers while riding or have to change out of the over pants into jeans if I just wore the over pants to work.

I noticed that the knee armor got hot while wearing them for only a short period of time trying them on. Worried this might cause me to sweat around the knees while wearing them for long periods. This I'm sure would not feel comfortable all day long at work causing me to want to charge out of them.

In my opinion I don't like the low rise feel / cut. I always felt like I was losing the jeans. A belt was definitely better, but I still felt like my jeans were hanging to low off my waist. I know some say you'll get used to the cut but I don't think I will. Maybe this has something to do with my feeling... that the top part of the jeans where the belt goes around the circumference feels too flimsy and not stiff enough. I guess this is the stretch quality of the fabric causing this. I want to say this part of the Jean should be heavier weight denim to show some support and form. Not soft weight material like the rest of the Jean. Often I found it twisting or changing shape because of the interaction with the belt and my body. Maybe it was changing shape party to me always trying to pull them up. Maybe all the above would be a moot point if they were not low rise cut and there were more belt loops as others suggested.

Otherwise all else was great. I really want to like these as far as fit since everything else is prefect.

Maybe the issue is I ordered them based on my comfortable jean size that I usually wear right below my belly button (dam gut) and not around my hips which is a smaller diameter. Hence maybe a smaller size would help the bad low rise feelings I have. However I think I still would have to some degree the heavy feeling and the hot knees issue.

I am thinking of returning them but I am wondering if a smaller waist would make things better? Waiting for Kevin's feedback and any of yours before I decide.
  7. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Like you, I have always worn overpants over my jeans or slacks to work.

I have worn my Lean Angles to work a number of times now, including yesterday which encompassed a 2 hour ride each way and a 4 hour meeting. For that, they were great!

At the office, on a normal day, I cannot have the knee armor in all day. it rubs my knees. Unfortunately, it's difficult to remove the knee armor with the pants still being worn, certainly more difficult than removing overpants. What I did, was I put Gorilla tape over all the Velcro on the knee pad except about 1" at the bottom end of the pad. That makes it much easier to remove and put the knee pads in while wearing the jeans. That said, I don't plan to use them as an everyday ride-to-work pant. I'm going to use them on days, like yesterday, where I'm travelling a long distance on the bike and I don't want to have to stash gear on the bike while I'm conducting my business.

I totally agree with you on the material for the waistband. Making the waistband out of a heavier/stiffer denim would be a very good idea. Especially if two more belt loops were added. :lol3

Overall, these are by far the best and most comfortable riding jeans I've tried and nothing else comes this close to looking like a "normal" pair of jeans.
  8. Imprezive

Imprezive n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you have more photos of the fit? I really like the idea but I'm concerned they'll look too old man-ish. I have jeans that cost $200 that aren't riding jeans so looks are important to me. :fitz
  9. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback guys! We are taking into consideration everything being posted and I thank you all for the feedback we have received through our customers and e-mails over the last few weeks. Like I mentioned before, we will continue to make several tweaks to our product based on feedback that will affect our future designs so we can make the best protective riding jeans possible. :clap
  10. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    In that case, here is one more vote for a higher rise waist and additional belt loops.

11. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    You don't want to see a picture of me in jeans (picture "The Most Interesting Man in the World" who isn't quite so interesting) but they are definitely not old man-ish. I've received compliments on them from the young paralegals in the office who are little fashionistas. :thumb
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    +1

Btw: could you describe here how to "measure the favorite jeans" to find out the correct size? My jeans vary a bit in size (I buy the same size but the fit varies from "relaxed" to "tight like in the 60s").
  13. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    Endorsement to the above, although I must say I have gotten used to the low rise waist. I've been wearing them about 2 days a week to work. The other days I wear regular jeans under my Motoports. I also usually wear the Lean Angles on the hottest days. Once or twice it has gotten in the lower 90's here and these are not that hot for the protection they provide.

I really enjoy how comfortable these jeans feel here at work (wearing them now). I work behind a desk and leave the knee pads in. They don't bother me at all and as a matter of fact save me the other day when I banged my knee on the edge of the desk :)

I do plan on getting another pair, just waiting on seeing what changes are coming.
  14. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey hey hey, don't say that! :lol3
  15. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    At least they aren't them things called Skinny jeans. Now those are some weird looking pants.
  16. The Blue Rider

The Blue Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in these jeans, but I'm a pudgy, stumpy guy - 29" inseam actual and the tape measure says just shy of 45" where my jeans normally ride. :huh My most-worn pair of jeans is an old set of "Relaxed Fit" Canyon River Blues labeled 38x30, but the inside of the jeans' waist actually measures closer to 44 on the tape measure (???!!!).

So I'd be needing a 44x30 actual measurement, I think. Now is the inseam on these jeans a true length, or is there extra added to account for the riding position? Is 32" really 32" or is it more like 34"?

These jeans sound like exactly what I'm looking for but I think I might need to wait for an update with 30" inseam available, and the extra belt loops, if changes are coming.
  17. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a good reference:
    www.selfedge.com/_measurements.php

Grab your favorite pair of jeans and use the above to figure out your waist measurement.

Glad to hear you like them! :clap

Inseam is true length, so a 32 is a 32 and so on, if you wear boots, the extra 2 inches should be fine.

If you use the waist measurement above, you will be able to calculate the proper waist size, once you do we can help you out with a proper fit.
  18. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    "The requested URL /measurements.php was not found on this server."
  19. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Thanks.