I wrote a book about my trip.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jockdawg, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jockdawg

jockdawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I have checking out this site for a long time and have always enjoyed it, never posted though. I recently got the chance to ride my motorcycle across the country from South Carolina to California. On the trip I kept a journal and self published this into an ebook in Kindle and iBooks along with a lot of my pictures. You can check them out here:

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Following-Front-Wheel-West-ebook/dp/B00EDXDGKG/ref=zg_bs_157335011_3

iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/following-front-wheel-west.../id686855300?mt=11

The Kindle one is .99 and the iBooks one is free. I wanted to make it free on both but it didn't work that way for me with Amazon.

Let me know what you guys think!
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Not in Ride Reports. If you're selling, you have to post this in Vendors where it's been moved.
  3. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't use itunes and i'm not going to get it just for a free ebook.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems strange to join ADVrider just to promote and sell your book.

If you enjoy this forum why don't you share with us? Post your adventures in ride reports like others do who want to share their stories. You will be welcomed.
  4. jockdawg

jockdawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I didn't realize I should put it in the vendor forum.

ThumperStorm I didn't join ADVrider just to promote my book. In fact I have been a member of this forum longer than you. I just never post. It's a free book on iBooks and that is my way of sharing, sorry if you don't use iTunes.

Here are the pictures from my trip if anyone is interested. I tried to put them up earlier but it didn't post. http://www.flickr.com/photos/92675756@N05/sets/72157634607597681/
  5. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    20 pages is hardly much of a book IMHO - my mother writes e-mails longer than that! :rofl
  6. jockdawg

jockdawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah your right. 20 pages shouldn't be considered a book. It's the journal I kept while on the road. I should have said it was just my journal. Precis your mother sounds like she writes some pretty epic emails. Did you read my "book"?
  7. jockdawg

jockdawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Does every post here have to be approved by a moderator?!
  8. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, not at all. They are here to smooth things out. I'll see if someone I know has itunes. Maybe they can download your book and send it to me.
  9. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great photos Jockdawg..........I don't have a kindle or the other electronic media, but just by looking at the pics makes me interested in your "ride". Thanks for posting............ :clap
  10. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    no, but as you've discoverd, there are a number of self-appointed regualtors who will judge your efforts without having seen them ;-}

Nice pics, btw . . .. I enjoyed them greatly!
  11. Chris45

Chris45 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do not post often here myself but I had to commend you on your journey and your photos. It takes guts to put yourself out there both in words and deeds. I like what you did in both aspects. My respect and thanks for posting this thread.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
  12. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    :fitz
  13. aDave

aDave Lovin' Life!

Oddometer:
    Nice job... I especially liked your Utah photos. Thanks for taking the time to share.

As for those who would criticize/flame you for doing something (ride report) that they themselves have never done just because they do not like the format for an option for free...not much you can do.

Ride on...
    Dave
  14. OUTLAND MOTO

OUTLAND MOTO And then suddenly....

Oddometer:
    It's always great to see people sharing their stories in different ways. Looking forward to read it. And congrats on your trip and book!! :clap
  15. jockdawg

jockdawg n00b

Oddometer:
    I took another trip and I kept the format similar to what I did before. I went through Big Sur, saw the Redwoods and visited Yosemite. It was a great trip and I hope you enjoy reading about it. This time I put it up on Medium. You can check it out here: https://medium.com/two-wheels/27aab1285496