Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe that this is a common problem and several other riders have experienced. Strong wind gusts or not, zippers should not open themselves period. I also own a BMW RP2 suit which I've had since 2006 and those sleeve zippers don't open. I shouldn't have to ship it to California and probably have to pay to have it done when I have dealers both here in Ontario and in the US that are closer.

I appreciate you being interested in feedback from riders which means one should always try to correct known problems.
  2. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    I have purchased a number items from you guys, I have never had such good online customer service. The video reviews are priceless for making decisions regarding which brand/product to purchase. With only one exception I have made most of my Revit purchases using the videos to make an informed decision.

Keep on keepin on!
  3. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Hey Revit!

Love my jacket, but....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had it less than a year. Bought it from a local dealership.:bluduh
  4. edwan

edwan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Tornado Jacket. I love it. I looks good, and with the removeable liner it lets me ride in comfort from 55 to 90 degrees.

I had my liner (and tank bag stolen this weekend. Is there any way to order just the liner?

If not what jacket in your current line has the same specs as the Tornado?
  5. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hey BlackBeast -- we totally agree. We've passed your feedback on to our corporate offices and product development teams to be sure that any problems like this are corrected going forward. So far, this is the first we've heard of this specific zipper problem, but it definitely merits a look! Thanks for making us aware.

Ride Safe!
    REV'IT!
  6. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Charlie, you might be confusing us with Revzilla! They are one of our favorite online vendors, too! And strong ambassadors for the REV'IT! brand. Glad you've gotten excellent service from them. Let us know if you have any questions about any of our gear -- www.revitusa.com

Hey Edwan & ChisenhallW -- Check your PM inboxes, we'll try to get those issues sorted!!

Ride safe,
    REV'IT!
  7. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    For those of you who are in LA -- please join us at Beach Moto for a small party to celebrate our new urban collection! All are welcome, just be sure to RSVP! rsvp@revitusa.com

[​IMG]
  8. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any comment on my post regarding the apparent peeling off of the reflective material on my new Poseidon Jacket???
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Hey Revit, glad to see your hear and asking for feedback.

I've debated if I should post this, as I like to keep things positive, but it seems you want some real honest feedback.

I purchased a Sirocco Jacket from a retailer and have been less than impressed with it. The pocket that holds the back protector was single stitched and completely blew out after not that much use. The stitching failed as did the material so it was not repairable. I had no back protection.

I contacted Revit and was told to contact the retailer and both of you said tough luck. Guess there is a window of warranty. So since the back pocket was non-functional and just hanging there I cut out the stitching & material the rest of the way. Other stitching was not holding up that great either.

I now use another type of protection when using this jacket, but honestly have switched over to another brand of jackets popular with the ADV crowd that features to lifetime warranty. We ride ALOT and need top shelf performing gear. Your jackets now sits in my closet most of the time.

Given the experience, I have serious reservations of purchasing another Revit piece of gear unless I am assured the build quality, stitching & longevity has gotten better. Awaiting your feedback.
    I know others have been extremely pleased with Revit so maybe I got a friday afternoon jacket. :dunno

Thanks, Bill
  10. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is the RevIt warranty, anyway? I couldn't find anything on it on the US website. Considering a Poseidon suit, and I know it's warranted by GoreTex, but if I'm dropping that kind of money, I want to know what the warranty is from the OEM.
  11. MysciraMoto

MysciraMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your ladies cut gloves are great for my long skinny fingers.... but not a single ladies pant fits my curves. I ended up with a Levante jacket but had to get Olympia pants. Kinda frustrating.
  12. easy_rider_77

easy_rider_77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have any plans to make gore-tex boots?
  13. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey BruceWA -- Apologies! We totally overlooked your comment. Could you send us photos via private message of what the peeling looks like, and we can go from there? Because the Poseidon does use a GORE-TEX shell, it's not recommended to try any "quick fixes" to glue it back down. Will keep an eye out for your photos!

Hey mychajluk, the REV'IT! warranty period is 1 year from date of purchase. (Proof of purchase is required.) All warranty claims are done through the original dealer; they ship it to us for inspection, repair and replacement. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ride Safe,
    REV'IT!
  14. mokosai

mokosai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, I was wondering if there was anything new in the realm of waterproof gloves from you guys.

I have REV'IT pants and jackets and love both, but have had poor experiences with your gloves. The latest was a pair of Summit H2O which are not even a little waterproof and have a liner that detaches from the glove every time you take it off (gloves are 2 years old so they are out of warranty).

From reading other comments, it looks like my experience isn't unique, so I was wondering if there are any new materials, liners, etc. in your gloves that make them worth another shot, or should I just stick to Held?

Thanks for taking the time to post on a forum!
  15. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any ETA on the Seesoft Back Protector that's on backorder from a couple of vendors? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Sand 2 jacket, but want to get the back protector for it.
  16. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    stopped at the expo booth to buy gloves,,, didnt have my size but now at least i know what size to order.
  17. NZRalphy

NZRalphy I'm not half as good as I think I thought I was

Oddometer:
    How good the stuff that is half way through your range?

And why can't the warrantee be international - if I'm traveling I can't remember where I brought the jacket and then send it back to another country.
  18. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will you have anyone representing your gear at the RA rally next week?
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys!

We've been out West for the last few weeks, and are just getting our digital lives cleaned up again. Sorry for the delay, but we're here and ready to jump back into the conversation! In response to some of your questions...

Hey Mokosai, sorry to hear about the gloves! I might recommend you try some of our GORE-TEX products, like the Roadstar GTX. We used the GORE-TEX X-TRAFIT construction in the making of these gloves, which means that the inner lining, the GORE-TEX insert, and the outer fabric are all bound into one layer, while the properties of each layer are retained -- or in other words, liners don't pull out, and the gloves are surprisingly lightweight for the amount of waterproofing and protection provided. The Phantom GTX uses the same X-TRAFIT technology, and we have other gloves like the Alaska and the Fusion that use a basic GORE-TEX membrane that likewise provides waterproofing.

Hope this helps!

Hi lmychajluk. You're definitely not the only one wondering about the back protectors. We're out of stock because we had to switch manufacturers rather suddenly and unexpectedly (due to issues on the manufacturer's side), and production came to a halt. We quickly started looking for an new manufacturer, but it took a bit of time and so now we're playing catch-up.

Fingers are crossed that we'll see something by late June or early July!

Well Ralphy, I guess that depends on what you're comparing it to! Personally, for me, our mid-range products are fantastic -- they're perfectly suited for the riding I'm doing about 99% of the time.

Apologies on our warranty restrictions, but to keep track of our stocks and warrantied products, everything has to be routed through the original dealer of purchase. Of course, if you're ever in a jam when you're on the road, do just send us a message and we're always happy to see what we can do.

Ride safe!
    REV'IT!
  20. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    2 SPOT, do you mean Overland? If so, we definitely met you there! Glad to hear you're all sized up on the gloves.

Hey ghostryder, unfortunately we won't be at the RA rally. But we WILL be at BMW MOA in July. If you're there, please do stop by to say hello!

Ride Safe,
    REV'IT!