Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ink

Ink Slave to the Needle

Oddometer:
    I dont know how far away this guy is from you, but he has some killer deals on new 09/10's and is genuinely a good guy. Last time I talked to him he said he could get 2010 FE570's.

http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13349
  2. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:

FYI, NY titles say "OFF ROAD" and for some reason are not the same as the MSO's that you receive when buying the bikes in most other states. This can be a major problem if you live in a state where it's hard to get a plate (i.e., Pennsylvania). This of course doesn't apply to the 2011 FE570, since they come street legal in all states.
  3. Ink

Ink Slave to the Needle

Oddometer:
    This is what he said when I asked what the title stated "The 2009 & 2010, as well as the 2011 FE390 & fe450 all say off road use "restricted"....not prohibited."

I dont really know how that affects titling a bike, just thought it had merit here.
  4. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Well, to clarify how this can be an issue: my friend, who lives in PA, purchased a left over '09 FE570 from them earlier this year. He had to apply for a rebuild title with the state, put every single piece of required gear on the bike (including the ridiculously long rear fender overhang), then take it to an enhanced inspection station, and then wait for a new title from the State. It wasn't impossible, but it sure was a lot more work, time, and cost than buying a bike with a non-offroad MSO.

Again, this was required for PA. Now if I bought the bike from NY and needed a plate here in Ohio, the process is much easier :evil
  5. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I picked up my FE570 in Gilbert, WV in early March. I was anxious to test it out, so I did a 50 mile solo trail ride on the Hatfield McCoy trails, in the snow.
    [​IMG]

Although I had done a good amount of off-road riding, this was my first real “adventure ride” on it. I joined some friends in April for a 100 mile assault on the Seven Mountains area in eastern PA.
    [​IMG]

The next day we rode some awesome single-track are near Jim Thorpe, PA. This was the Berg’s first ride in some seriously rocky terrain (more so than anywhere I’ve been, including Colorado).
    [​IMG]

On the Hanging Rock National Dual Sport ride in southern Ohio in May. One of the muddiest days ever!
    [​IMG]

On the Star Trail in Crested Butte, Colorado this Summer:
    [​IMG]
    On the Teocalli Ridge Trail:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damn, I miss Colorado
    [​IMG]

Took a weekend long 500 mile riding/camping trip in West Virginia in October. Here she is loaded down:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taken a few weeks ago (thanks PABiker)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 570 has 112 hours and 2300 miles now. It’s been a great bike so far. The only major issue was a partially clogged fuel injector (replaced while under warranty).
  6. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
    Excellent photos. Question for all you 570 owners. Do you run a map switch on your bikes? Curious to know how much it changes the powerband. Does the lowest setting turn it down to the output of maybe a 400? I'm guessing the highest is full power, correct?
  7. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If that's what the MSO says here in NJ, than that blows. I want the FE390 so badly, but if it can't be taged legally than it's a useless deal unless one has access to hundreds of acres of private land. And I am not saying got to get it taged to slab it. And who the hell would want to slab this bike anyway? I am talking about taging it to be able to ride organized DS events with local clubs which all require legal registration.
    This sucks. We have to drive 1/2 day (one way) just to find trails that don't require tags, and even they are getting shut down one after another. Why even bother selling them in NJ?

Sorry for the rant but wanted to vent to a few that may understand and agree with my point.

On another note, a clever idea is to buy a FE570 frame and throw in a 390/450 motor. If the frame is the same size and weight, than that would be the hot ticket.
  8. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, can't wait for our return trip to CO. 3 yrs in a row, I better start on next years t-shirts.:D
  9. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Just looked at the specs between the 390/450/and 570. They are all the exact same frame and size but with different motors. So I guess a motor swap would be one way to have a true street legal fe390.
  10. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Chill out duder. You're not even sure yet what the NJ title says. It seems that MOST states come with a normal MC MSO, just like the KTMs (in fact, my MSO, which was from WV, even said KTM on it). Chances are you'll be fine. Hopefully someone from NJ who knows for sure will chime in here. If not, ask on the Unofficial Husaberg forum, or the Husaberg forum on KTMtalk. If the NJ title is Offroad Only, then you can just buy one from state that doesn't suck (or a used one in NJ that's already plated) :deal
  11. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I can't wait! I'll have to borrow some fuel off you though since you're getting that Safari tank :lol3
  12. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    As per what a dealer in NJ said last week, the MSO says Offroad Only.
  13. PABiker

Oddometer:
    Still on the fence about the tank. Might just toss an MSR bottle or 2 in the Wolfman saddlebags like BoomBoom did. Either way I'll have enough for both of us.:freaky
  14. PABiker

Oddometer:

Call Five Star, they'll hook you up.
  15. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:

Ahh, my bad. Your last post made it sound like you weren't sure (you said "If that's what the MSO says..."). Like I said earlier, there are other options though if you need a plated 'Berg.
  16. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    I have map switches on both my 390 and my 570. I never change the mapping on eaither bike. I tested it on my 570. The map swtich doesn't seem to affect the lowend at all. It does change the midrange. The bike bogs more when you roll the throttle on in the midrange. It gives you a second to think about what you just did.
  17. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I have the switch on my 570 and I honestly can't see much difference when riding around here at 1k to 4k feet elevation. HOWEVER, the first day I was riding in Colorado at about 9-13k feet, I could feel the motor bog down when climbing hills. I moved the switch from the soft setting to the most aggressive, and the bike immediately woke back up. It then felt very similar to how it does here at home. So, it DOES make a difference, but it's hard to notice at lower elevations. Maybe the difference is more obvious on the 390 or 450?
  18. PABiker

Oddometer:
    I feel there is. When riding my buddy Donnie's 390 or my 450 there is a noticable difference between the 3 different settings.

I know Donnie runs his 390 in the agressive setting all the time. I tend to keep my 450 in the middle position for the tight stuff around home, but ran it in agressive the whole time we were in CO this year.
  19. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
    Probably handy for riding in singletrack? I ask since there's no way I can afford both a 390 AND a 570....:eek1
  20. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    The perception of the different maps varies per rider. I feal it only effects the bottom end and slightly the mid-range. One of my friends rode my 570 and thought it effected the whole rpm range. I ride from 5k to 12k el. As OhioPT says, it is very big difference at 11K. I leave it on aggressive most of the time. One ride I switched it to the soft mode in some tight, rocky single track as I was getting too tired to keep on top of the snap. I forgot to switch it back until I tried climbing a hill at about 11,500+. Incredible difference at that elevation. One thing for sure is you get better mpg on aggr. You can build your own pretty cheap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]