F'ing idiots!!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by 390beretta, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Also the little old lady might be carrying some heat and think you were gonna do something to her.
    Better for that big bully guy to just drive his car away.
  2. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    This is the correct answer.
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Why does lane splitting come up at nearly every discussion. It is quasi legal in ONE state, and while some like to believe the world revolves around CA, it does not!:norton

At any rate, going around is just asking to get creamed around here! A loud horn is the best you can safely do.

Jim :brow
  4. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    Because CA is better. Why would you sit back 4 cars? Why would you let someone's inattention either piss you off, or make you sit there for another cycle or two? Time is money, if someone wastes my time, I go right around. To just sit other because you might get ran over? Fuck, if you're scared buy a Prius. To sit and cower because you might get hurt, is for pussies. Man up, take control, get the fuck out of there. You do know that this is a dangerous form of transport, right?
  5. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why is everybody in such a hurry anyhow?
  6. nwpa

nwpa Generally amused

Oddometer:
    You're not an ATGATT kinda guy I guess....
  7. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    Why would you assume that? You're just guessing, and you're wrong. Because I'm not scared and don't ride like a pussy, you would assume that I don't wear gear? I don't wear Hi-Viz, anyway..

I did get called a "California Faggot" when I was splitting lanes in Bay City, Michigan, on a bike with California plates. Very intelligent population there. And why are most of the women really fat?

I see by your bio that you either don't have a bike, or you are not willing to identify what you ride. I've also noticed that the people that make most of the comments about gear, or labeling people squids, are the guys with the least amount of experience. Accurate?.
  8. FJ Fun

FJ Fun Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer:
    Clinton, Ar......The edge of Twisty Heaven
    +1 on the GL 1800 horns. A Goldwing was the first motorcycle I've ever owned that I didn't feel the need to immediately upgrade the horn on. I have a pair of GL 1800 horns given to me that I'm planning on mounting on my FJ 1200.

Joe
  9. nwpa

nwpa Generally amused

Oddometer:
    Not that I owe you any explanation, but I have 48 states, three countries and 43 riding years under my belt, and currently enjoy a 1200GS. And I plan on living to enjoy another good 20 years of riding. You make your choices, I'll make mine.
  10. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm right there with you, 40+ years riding, 40+ bikes owned. My choice is to ride with conviction, not to let some cunt in a car on a phone make decisions on when, where and how I ride.

I made an assumption about you, much like you did about me. I guess I was wrong. Sorry, Charley.
  11. millican

millican Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's because all these drivers are staring at their phones, and nobody has made an "app" yet that tells them things like, "Go. The light is green."
  12. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because everyone wants to be a Hollywood Stunta!

Have you tried pushing that button that looks like a bugle?
  13. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    A distracted driver is making your decisions if you have to wait a few seconds? :rofl Jeez dude, get a grip!

Were you in any of the NYC squidfest videos? You sound like the type...
  14. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fuckin' A, man. Go around 'em. It's even more fun on the scooter. I can fit through some TINY places.
  15. Benduro

Benduro Carnavoyeur Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty good about letting stuff roll off my back when driving or riding and not letting it get me pissed off, but the one that gets me EVERY TIME is when I'm at the front of the left turn lane on an unprotected light (rural) and I am waiting for pedestrians to cross to my left before I turn, and I get some spirited honks from 3 or 4 cars back. THAT makes me want to get out of the car, walk back and ask them if they'd prefer that I run over the people rather than wait for them to cross the road.
    Haven't done it yet, though. Cooler heads prevail, and all...
  16. nwpa

nwpa Generally amused

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/awG4RP__xQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. ZEmann

ZEmann want to be riding

Oddometer:
    thats what i have on my bike i pissed away 13 bucks first buying a louder

disc horn that just didn't sound much better than stock

the bad boy already saved me from an illegal lane change

how about thee two left turn issues

A driver that once the arrow is gone they don't treat the light like a normal turn and just sit there before the cross walk and wait for the next light cycle ?

or the ass that sits back a vehicle length even though He is the only one at the left turn lane ,, He is activating the turn arrow so He can go first and make cross flow traffic sit and watch him proceed with an arrow all by himself ?
  18. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Watch that Wolo... I used to think it was great fun to blast mine at the lane changers and all the other idiots who tried to hit me. They do move when you hit the button. Problem is you don't know where they will move to. Sometimes it's where you are, and they tend to move very quickly once that bad boy puts the fear of trains and trucks in their pea sized brains.

It's still fun, but now I only do it in a safe place, when there is plenty of room for me to move when they do.
  19. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    You're an idiot, aren't you. You just can't help it, gotta say something stupid, trying to be clever like the cool kids.
  20. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    What a moron! :deal

Jim :brow