Baja 1000 for the Wounded

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Cornbread82, May 2, 2012.

1. wittyusername

wittyusername This is the spot for my custom title

Oddometer:
    I'm at brett's house and the truck is finally all loaded up. Our gear layout is complete. I can't believe how much crap we have. All our bags are packed and ready to go. We're done! All we have left to do is drink copious amounts of alcohol then drive to Baja! We just cracked open Blue label scotch and the send off has begun. The steaks should be on the grill any minute.

Hope we don't get too drunk before our 5am departure time tomorrow. It's going to be a long drive. By the way...my trip to Baja started from Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Brett shared a story with me about something ridiculously funny that happened to them at the expo. Wish I was there.

Some guy approached our booth...I might not be quoting accurately but here's the jist of the conversation.

Brett: "Hi we're Team TCB. We're racing in the..."
    Some guy: (interrupted Brett) "Oh yeah! I know who you are!! I've been following you on Adv!!"
    Brett: "That's awesome man! Thanks for..."
    Some guy: "(interrupted Bret again) "Which one are you?"
    Brett: "What do you mean?"
    Some guy: "Which rider are you?!"
    Brett: "I'm Brett"
    Some guy: "Oh, you're not the guy who falls all the time? Where's the guy who falls all the time?!!"
    Brett: "Oh...you mean Scott."
    Some guy: "Yeah yeah!! Where is Scott?"
    Brett, Allan, John, and Ed: "HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA"

Not sure I like being known as the "guy who falls all the time."

But either way...I'm just glad we have followers.
  2. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:

You know Ewan McGregor gets that a lot too.

-John
  3. Swarthy_Red_Beard

Swarthy_Red_Beard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck and have a great time down there guys!! wish I could join ya this year. Have a taco for me.

Ride safe.

Matt
  4. wittyusername

Oddometer:
  5. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    Thanks Matt. See if you can make it down for the mexican 1k.

-John
  6. Bronco Driver

Bronco Driver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scott-- You may fall more than the average ,but from what I hear you bounce well.:rofl
  7. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    Ya Scott and he is loaded:lol3

Well we are in TX and everything is changing, Russ is a day behind so we will not be linking up with him until the 31st. We now need to go to Az. and get Elvis from John, so we will be doing that on the 30th and staying the night. After that we will be going to Ca. and linking up with Tray, and Russ for the night and then crossing into MX on the 1st. We did make some good time but the drive sucks!!! I hope to see all of you at the race, and I am sure Scott will be posting updates as he can. He is the young one and is attached to his iphone, I think he would go crazy if he lost it!!!:D
  8. HalfFast

HalfFast Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer:
    The final graphics with all of our sponsors are being printed today and I got ReadinessDeals.com vectored up and looking good. If anyone wants a set of sweet graphics just give Dave at DirtDNA.com an email and he will hook you up. :clap

I also set up an event to remind people about the race start on Facebook. Just click here to sign up and watch Scott's tracker the lazy armchair way. While you are at it order a T-shirt and support the team.... :deal
  9. Crashed Bad

Crashed Bad Big man, little bike

Oddometer:
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun
  10. wittyusername

Oddometer:
    Likewise! Looking forward to throwing back some sold ones with you too. We're holed up for the night in west Texas. We'll be making the push to Phoenix tomorrow.

Scott
  11. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are in for 3 of those shirts, such a wonderful group you are and such an truly awesome group you are supporting, Wounded Warriors!!! We give to this organization regularly, never can give enough.

Best of luck in the race, will be pulling for all of you. Super hot springs here so stop off on the way back to the South for a super relaxing soak!!

Ride ride ride, finish !!
    gale, pagosa springs,co
  12. Irish1

Irish1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, ordered a dang shirt!! If some fortuitous financial event occurs, I'll send some more loot pronto. Hooray for you all. And I'll order a shirt to support you good-hearted guys and gals as soon as my retirement check arrives this afternoon? :deal Your efforts have been superb and hilarious, kind of an example of how good-spirited America really is. I've got a son of one of my best friends who spent two tours in Afghanistan in IED detection and removal: Andy went from a skinny geek to a big-shouldered hero. :clap Thanks very much for keeping us in the loop. :norton

13. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    Thank ypu gale ad irish, boy did we have a time lastnight with some of the adv guys!!!!! That late night is going to make for a very long day!!!! We got some great support from a few of the guy at tts bar. I am sure scott will be posting more later, I am getting yo old to post from this phone!

Brett
  14. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are with you big time, being born and raised a few miles into the hills from Hueytown, Alabama , this team has a special place in my heart , so have a great time and best of luck in this race.

My kinfolk is head of a group in Afgan right now, I know how important your sponsoring WW really is, THANKS!

gale
  15. wittyusername

Oddometer:
    We are back on the road making the final push to Trey's house. We spent the night at Rick's house in Arizona. John met us and dropped off Elvis.

Huge thank you to Rick and Billy for their hospitality. We had a big night drinking and unfortunately there's some things we can't un-see...Dr Shittebaum...you are the man.

I mean "Billy"...not "Bobby". I was still drunk when I typed that. My bad. I can't change the subject of this post.
  16. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    The cross country crew made it safe to my house. They are all crashed out now. We are going to wait for Allen to arrive in the morning and then the adventure begins. I love Baja and this trip could become one of the best ever.
  17. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun, have a great time Trey!
  18. wittyusername

Oddometer:
    We're all loaded up at Trey's house waiting for Allan to get here. After we link up with Allan we'll be heading south for Mexico.

Big thank you to Trey for letting us crash at his house last night.
  19. Bronco Driver

Bronco Driver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving at Odarkthirty in the morning for San Felipe
    Thanks to all for your support. Now we have to go to work..........Well some of it will be work!
  20. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ed,
    Where you riding???

Where are you staying the night before the race?
    I will be down San Felipe way on the 14th I am getting on the race bike at mile 250
    Call me!!