Flat tire prevention! TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GB, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Max Bialystock

Max Bialystock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am assuming you tried to purchase online and it would not let you ship to the UK. I will contact our tech people and get an answer for you asap.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  2. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Try this distributor in Czechoslovakia Dominatio.http://www.tyreguardian.cz/

I believe you might find the shipping costs far less than coming from the U.S.A.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Jim
  3. greatnortoni

greatnortoni Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    jim;
    Placed my order this am - thanks for the discount!
    greatnortoni:norton
  4. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    My pleasure, thanks for the order.:D
  5. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So for an F800GS you would

Deflate the front or rear tire
    Remove the stem
    Fill tube with recommended amount of TyreGuardian
    Insert stem
    Inflate to proper pressure
    Drive for a few miles for the tube to get coated
    repeat for other tire

Sounds easy. Did I miss anything?
  6. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I would only add a first line saying "remove weight from the tire". from there on your description is perfect.

It is easy. I am capable of destroying an anvil with a rubber mallet and I haven't screwed it up...... yet. :lol3
    Thanks for the question and have a great evening.
    Jim:D
  7. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I have the Tubliss setup on my little bike and a set of SUMO tires too.
    This sounds like a winning combo. PM sent.
  8. Jeff_CA

Jeff_CA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How does this compare to Ride-On? I was just about to order that product and saw this thread.
  9. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    :D
    Hi Jeff,
    A few things come to mind. TyreGuardian is not water soluble Ride on is. TyreGuardian does not require you to remove the foreign object from a puncture for it to seal the tire. No air loss at all when a tire is punctured up to 1/4" dia. for tubeless and 1/8" for tube type tires.
    Of course you should inspect your tires before every ride and after.

Ride on must be washed out of the tire, TyreGuardian can be removed in one piece for disposal or left in the tire for recycle. TyreGuardian is race tested up to 170mph. One more thing please take advantage of our 10% discount for inmates of advrider.com
    Discount Code "TGADV"
    Thanks for the question.
  10. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I neglected to mention Ride on takes up to 3x the amount to fill a tire. For instance, according to their bottle, it takes 23oz (fluid oz) to use on a 285/65-16. TyreGuardian requires 220ml, which equates to 7.4oz (3.1x the amount). Ride on creates a lot of extra rolling weight to the tire, which can cause serious imbalance problems.

One other thing about water solubility. Since Ride On is water soluable, when a puncture is sealed with a water soluable product like RideOn/Slime, what happens is you run the risk of the puncture hole opening back up in the rain or snow (one of our slime test tires actually started to fully deflate in the winter when it snowed). It may be one of the reasons these products request to change the tire immediately after a puncture, whereas we do not. Hope this helps!
    Jim
  11. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got my order in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the fast shipping. I probably won't use until I need to change or patch tubes but will have it with me just in case.

cheers,
    Robert
  12. HunSolo

HunSolo Mad Monk Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,

What is the shelf life of TG when it has been opened? What's up with the "4 to 8 tires" claim on the 250ml cycle bottle when your calculator shows 200ml for a standard pair of motorcycle tires? 4-8 (Bi)cycle tires seems to calc OK.

Cool product. Looks like the liter size is the way to go if it lasts on the shelf. My order is on the way.
  13. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Hi HunSolo, (great handle:D )
    TyreGuardian will store for at least 1 year after being opened provided the containers cap is put back on the container.

Your are correct about the 4-8 tire claim includes bicycle tires. I used a cycle container for my cruiser which has a fat 200/55/17 rear tire and a skinny 90/55/21 for the front, admittedly it used almost all of the 250ml. Like most products larger containers are a better deal.
    Thanks for the order and let us know how it works out for you.
  14. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone installed TG and then tested it? (As in the video.) The ability to ride up to a motorcycle dealer and push an icepick into your tire would have the guy putting TG on his shelves.
  15. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    I just got home from a 1800 mi trip, to find my TG order had arrived. Really wish I would have ordered earlier!

I had 2 punctures along the way. I was able to plug them, without drama.
    But I'm pretty sure TG would have saved me time and worry.
  16. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Hope you had a good trip other than the flats.
  17. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    Forgive me if this has been asked before but isn't this a form of liquid latex mixed with small particles to assist puncture sealing? It looks awfully similar to a product I have been using for years that I picked up when I was a bike mechanic called Stan's Notubes Tire Sealant. The result inside the tire looks identical to the pictures GB posted.

That product was mainly marketed for mountain bikes to be able to convert their wheels and tires to a tubeless system, and to also stop punctures up to 1/4 inch. I remember a trade show they had a demo set up where people could jam an ice pick through the tire and it would hold pressure, even on an 80PSI tire.

The other reason I ask is not to sound like a jerk or hijack or anything but there is a significant difference in price based on a 1L volume, I'm curious what sets your product apart.

EDIT: Just watched the demo video, suppose I should have done that first, but it just confirms my observation that its a liquid latex, but my other question still stands as to why the significant difference in price, because from what I can see they are basically the same product perhaps just slightly different consistencies.
  18. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Umm, the NoTube site says replace every 3 weeks to 3 months..

From the No Tube site:
    "How long will it last? Sealant longevity will depend on type of tire, size, storage conditions, and volume of sealant. Tires with thick casings will allow sealant to last much longer. Sealant in tire will need to be refreshed to maintain sealing properties. In cooler conditions the sealant will last longer. In hot, dry conditions more frequent monitoring is recommended."

"Note: In a few months time if you get a puncture that does not seal, simply add more sealant. No need to remove your tire and install a patch. Stan’s Tire Sealant “The Solution” will continue to seal punctures as long as it remains in a fluid form, sealing thousands of holes."

All deal breakers for me..
    Also sounds like it needs to be in fluid form.. Where TG solidifys for the life of the tire.

Note: My TG is still sitting on the bench. I will report back after I have used it.
  19. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Hi BOBMUNZ,
    I believe NWBoarder is correct in his post. TyreGuardian is optimized for motorcycle, car and truck use. The benefits of the formula happen to apply nicely in other, less challenging applications like lawn equipment and bicycles.

Stan's formula does not appear to be optimized for higher-speed applications. TyreGuardian has more of a fill-it-and-forget-it approach and has been recognized for high-speed applications by European Car Magazine and the testimonials shown on www.tyreguardian.us.

It appears to be a comparison of apples and oranges. Thanks again for the great question.

20. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,

I had my tires replaced today, and to my chagrin, the dealer also replaced the tubes. I then talked to the tech who did the job and he said once the tubes were deflated, they "shrunk / shriveled" and he was rather confused as to why.. he said they always replace the tubes when they replace the tires....

So, another order is incoming.