Two Moto Kiwis Arctic To Antarctic May 2012...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Two Moto Kiwis, May 8, 2012.

1. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Wow ... technology ... gotta keep an eye on it :rofl
  2. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Heya Mike and Leanne

Great to hear you are planning a trip.

Read our report and take out of what will be applicable to you guys but I stand by our best advice of making sure you do do your own things as you will have PLENTY of time to be together thus making you appreciate each other more with the time you spend together.

I look forward to seeing you guys realize your dream ... any questions you have that we can help with fire away. :clap
  3. MTKNZ

MTKNZ Touring Kiwi

Oddometer:
    Andi and Ellen, you bring tears to the eye.....
    Sometimes in laughter, other times in sympathy, still others in envy.
    Keep up the good work.

Go Kiwis!
  4. TUONOV4RHOON

TUONOV4RHOON n00b

Oddometer:
    man it seems like yesterday since we caught up in edmonton , time flies when ya havn fun aye ?
  5. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    Ah my friends from Australia's seventh state - it great to meet and get to know both of you. I am not sure about those ice on your gear photo's in Alaska - I am on my way there next week.

Even if you think all of Andi's other advice is rubbish :rofl, pay heed to this it is good advice (probably came from Ellen :D). I totally agree - I would add allow 3 months to settle into and adjust to travelling together. It is much different to sharing a house.

Blokes your partner, if female (or effeminate), needs the comforts of the west from time to time, ladies - learn to use a squat toilet before leaving home!
  6. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    :rofl :cry :D ...... not sure which to choose, being in the thick of it we have had all of them but way more :D than :cry which is great :clap
  7. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Mate we were just looking at those pics the other day and saying how coooool was that.

Really neat catching up with you guys and sifting around in Canada ... what are you doing next week? :rofl
  8. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    You are in for a treat mate .... Alaska is AWESOME but be very careful cos you won't wonna leave ... BTW the Alaskans are just like Kiwis :clap

Yeap mostly fulla shit ...at least until I have a coffee but seriously the time to do bloke stuff and chic stuff individually comes to the top every time.

Kevin and Karen from Guzzi Overland gave us this good advice and like seasoned travellers their advice was spot on.

Three months to settle in, not far off. :clap

So dudes go do dude stuff and chics go do chic stuff :clap
  9. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    Are they nice or are they like Kiwis - you can't have both :lol3

Speaking of those guys - I am hoping to catch up them in next week or so. They are in Vancouver.
  10. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Yeah .... just nice :D

Well shit say a BIG hello from us, they stayed with us for a week at home, he did a valve and re-ring and switch block rewire in my man cave.:clap
  11. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Continent?
  12. flying kiwi

flying kiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Andi and Ellen, congrats on the the big 12 months! I guess like many, we were wondering if you would keep going, but you are a tenacious bugger Andy, and giving up on something has never been a virtue of yours or Ellen's.
    Life ticks away and for sure, you are making the most of yours! We will be sharing a beer or three before you know it. Ride safe
  13. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Nah just an island :rofl
  14. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Heya Richard

Great to hear from you mate.

Yeah times can be very tough and some days you do have to stand that bit taller and stand your ground.

The great times still outweigh the shite times no two ways about it and you know the best part of our trip is yet to come.

We are just deciding how we are going to manage the next bit as one year on we are not even half way!!!

Anyway luv to you (bloke hug) and your family mate :clap .... BTW your icecream is still the best we have ever had, nothing in the americas will get even close.
  15. Ozgirl61

Ozgirl61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got back from Vacation, the Dr's went well, the white one just had a battery issue which Suzuki fixed under warranty so everything seems to be good.. We rode/drove some great roads and saw some great sites, back home to have a shower, wash the clothes and head out to overland expo 13 now, the house is full, 8 aussies staying and having great round table chats at night on how to fix the world, the kinda crap that comes out of 8 motorcycling aussies sitting in a house in Arizona is not quite believeable..

So first, Congratulations on the 1st year of the rest of your lives, can't wait to read what year 2 brings.. Happy belated birthday to you Ellen, hope you had a great day.

We havent had Indian food since you guys left, will have to do a run to our fav little place..

Photos are great, wish we were there ourselves everytime i see the photos, so waiting for it to be our turn..

Keep the news coming, miss you guys.... xxxx
  16. Kiwi Dave

Kiwi Dave Beemer Boy

Oddometer:
    Andi / Ellen,
    It's so great to see you "getting on with it" through some of the most trying times.
    I know it's far too early to ask this but where do you think you might be come Christmas/New Year?
    As promised, over a year ago now, I will be in SA by the end of the year for my next big moto adventure, Dakar 2014.

Plans are to spend New Years in Buenos Aires before heading over to Rosario for the rally start. from here we will follow the rally through Argentina, Bolivia and Chile on hire bikes and finish up in Santiago on or about the 18th of Jan. Here we plan to have a few more days of r&r before heading back to NZ.

Should fate find us both in the same place at the same time then ...:freaky!!!

All the best to you both and thank you for the ride reports,
    Dave
    Arrowtown
  17. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Come on! Play along!

I'm just dying to use "so you're just incontinent" in a reply :evil
  18. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Heya Clare great to hear you guys had great fun away, we are now in Antigua and heading to Guate City tomorrow.

There is a fantastic Indian food restaurant in Hopkins Belize if you find yourself there .... might take a bit to get there tho.:rofl

Year 2, South America and looking forward to it. :clap

Will see you down south ... still in the plan?:clap
  19. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Heya Dave, great to hear from you mate.

Not sure where we will be be but there is every chance we could easily make it, we definitely need to keep in touch and have other friend over heer who are looking to do the same.

We are looking at our options now to see when and where.

Cheers mate.
  20. Two Moto Kiwis

Oddometer:
    Go Little Johnny :rofl