So it began......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by SquirrelyGrl, May 26, 2011.

1. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:
    :wave Good Stuff, Squirrelly!

Did ya get the leaking valve cover gasket replaced yet??
  2. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    :raabia Hey Tuna!

Thanks guy :D Glad you like it. I have yet to check out some more threads. But my phone is my camera and I had to dump these pics somewhere at some point.

JoeWannaB was hosting a rally at his place in Nantahala and of course, I couldn't get there til late on Sunday afternoon.
    Not a soul to be found!

[​IMG]

After taking several self shots in the mirror (rather a failed attempt to wait patiently for Shane to show up) I did get one good one, well I like it.

[​IMG]

I put up my tent, unloaded my cases and got back on the bike.
  3. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I took a few roads, nothing to get me lost, found a few trailheads and turtleheads

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, a yellow GS showed up! :clap Woot! It was Shane, bearing news that he had broken his KTM chain adjuster thingy. As well, Cuttle had to journey home for her pups. Shane and I camped out, the next morning I needed some interwebs for my work and we rode into Bryson CIty for Mountain Perks for some quiche and a delicious latte.

[​IMG]

We went back to camp as Joe was there and leading us on a ride that was soooo much fun! A wonderful pace, in the beautiful Carolina Mountains. He took us past the Tellico Hatchery place on Otter Creek Rd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Atop Tellico Gap where the AT crosses;

[​IMG]

Later in the day we were on this steep hill/loose rock climb, on the downhill side Joe and I waited for Shane to show up;
    [​IMG]

Joe waiting for the shot;
    [​IMG]

That never came :huh We kept waiting & waiting, then Joe hopped on his bike and sho nuff, here comes Shane, just being camera shy I reckon.
  4. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Us Suzuki Peeps be representin' ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe had to peel out soon afterwards back to Sylva. Joe led us to the gas/lunch spot;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't remember the road #, something with a 7 in it for sure tho. Half of it was broken asphalt/gravel, really cool. I found a good pee spot :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second half of that road was freshly paved curves and super smooth. Loved it! Then we took a right hand turn on Wayah Rd. to head to Wayah Bald.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A super sad fallen spirit :cry;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of bumble bees love my bike and gear apparently while we were parked at the Bald;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Wayah Bald, we hustled back towards the Nantahala Outdoor gear place to replenish my fuel. I won't go on my rant of those dudes in that store........:kboom

Improv of ramen noodles and spaghetti sauce, along with the sausage that Shane had leftover from the weekend shenanigans; and a yummy dinner was possible!

Next morning, Shane loaded up his bike & stuff. I loaded up my gear and cases, parted ways, he back towards home and I towards Bryson City for Mtn Perks and this;
    [​IMG]

With some luck and help from Shane and Kenny I finally found the home of the Buell I was wanting to look at, for a possible purchase.
    He let me ride it to the Wedge and golly! I sure was nervous, I've been riding an enduro way too long. I need to get the Hawk running, expand my seating horizons. Met up with the local awesome crowd, and did get to see Fancy & Cuttle! :clap and of course! Kenny and Bernie! Super excited I got to see Bernie!

Bernie riding the Buell;

[​IMG]

Awesome, awesome! can't say how much and amazing how my life has led me in so many directions to such good people. I just can't express. :raabia From Alabama, Georgia DOG's and WNC I just love this community of good peeps.
  5. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    Nice pics, I especially like the selfshot. Hopefully Joe will get his video up soon. I'm glad I stayed an extra day, it was good hangin' an ridin' with you! Joe really puts on a good rally. I'm already jonesin' to go again.:D

Oh, FS711. I couldn't remember either, had to look at a map.
  6. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    :clap Thanks Shane! I sure was glad you stayed extra days! It was super fun!

I knew that road had a #7 in it :rofl
  7. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    You're both wrong. Terribly, terribly, wrong. Keep exploring; you'll find it. It's within 100 miles of Fontana.
  8. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Well ABHulgan, that is most helpful, considering there are several in the area. Thanks. :ddog
  9. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
  10. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    :*sip*
  11. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:

:huh ok ok i guess i don't see the rails for the trolly & i guess fontana's taller
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Tuna, I think you're correct!

B/c we rode gravel and got to Trail 81 or 82 pretty quick from that Dam.

Golly, I dunno. I'll just have to get lost all over again.

Or I could break down and get a spot..... Hmmmm.......

Oh ya! I'll be seeing you this weekend! :clap
  13. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    :happay This is how I'm feeling right now.

I have my movie, 300 playing and I'm posting about my weekend/work riding that I did Sunday & Monday this past week.

Most of my excitement is the adventure I set out on tomorrow.

Terra Firma near Clayton, Ga is happenin' and I plan on getting the East TN Tag as well. I get to see a bunch of good GA D.O.G's look forward to a great east Georgia/Tallalulah Gorge/Western South Carolina picture taking,

And I have yet to start packing :lol3

A few pics from this cool ORV Mgt area we have close to home in Ringgold, Ga.

Earlier this week myself and my usual partner in crime on his KLR headed out for Houston Valley. We had an open invitation for peeps to join, but even the guy's g/f didn't want to go. I can't tell if people are intimidated by Houston Valley or just have a more relaxed Sunday evening in mind. Who wants to ride in the dust and mud puddles all day and get bruised from falling? :rofl

We waited for a minute at one ethanol free gas station in the Valley, fueled up then proceeded to a quick lunch;

[​IMG]
  14. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    As we headed out, I noticed my partners easily accessible directions to get to Houston Valley;

[​IMG]

Winding through some back roads in North Georgia, we made it;

[​IMG]

I'm always happy to pay my dues for using the maintained fun trails.

[​IMG]

A couple of funny signs;

[​IMG]

After hitting a couple of whoop-tee-do trails, a stop for photo. The trails were perfect in my opinion, nice, smooth, not much dust and only a handful of other atv's and dirtbikes.

[​IMG]
  15. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brent's g/f got him this for the mighty KLR, to protect from all manner of creatures and bring luck on fearsome journeys;
    [​IMG]

My DR decides to take a nap on this down-slope here, and golly gee! Pointy, hard rox do hurt, and left me with a bruise or two. But luckily, no worries about the DR and I pick my Honeybee right back up and thought I might want to remember my downfall here;

[​IMG]

I fell b/c of my great skills of 'target fixation' on these guys;

[​IMG]

But I did make it back up to my partner and we took a short break;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which I found this guy attached to my bike after my pee break :huh ;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Solo ride yesterday;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Lunch at Desoto Falls;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    sweet, looks like you have some great riding down that way! :clap Hope to do a little dual sportin' on the old DRZ down there this spring!
  19. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    There's quite a bit of riding down here. If you're coming to Chattanooga look at the Scenic City Chattanooga thread in the SE Region or the DOG's thread. Holler if you do!
  20. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most certainly will! :D