Sunday spin - Mandurah, WA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by exile730, Jan 20, 2013.

1. exile730

exile730 exile730

Oddometer:
    Sunday 20 January 2013 - Mandurah, Western Australia 32 degrees sunny and blue skies

I am still waiting on my ProCycle box so I was going to wait on valve adjustment before throwing the oil in and hitting the magic button. Then the weekend came and I thought it was time for a spin. Oil went in, new plugs in and the air filter was good to go. Everything was nipped up (pending valves being done when my box lands) and the roads were calling.

I thought I would post a few local pix to show the lie of the land here. If any of you are cold and damp right now I hope a bit of blue sky lifts your spirits. The spring and summer is coming for you, guys!

Peel inlet - Mandurah WA (Cox Bay)

[​IMG]

all the sun dries things up a bit

[​IMG]

Dawesville Cut and bridge is in background

[​IMG]

same location looking inland from the Indian Ocean

[​IMG]

Peel Inlet - eastern foreshore

[​IMG]

lots of little coves here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

access roads are pretty quiet and serviceable compact gravel

[​IMG]

the bush is never too far away

[​IMG]

fanged over towards the Forrest Highway on Southern Estuary Road - quiet road and dry as all buggery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bush fire damage is recovering slowly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it's not all quiet country roads here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dry here, too

[​IMG]

I am much cooler since I switched my crushed and battered oil cooler for a swish eBayed 'previously loved' unit - and a shiny farkle cover, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I fanged it home and then readied to clean, lube and adjust my chain for the first time. Pix in another section.

Everyone like those mirrors? Now I can see more than my elbows. Anyone recognise them?
  2. Davelee

Davelee n00b

Oddometer:
    I went out with friends today Sunday 20th. A s we left it was not much above freezing. We went 20 odd miles through the hills, snow & ice on the verges, snow on the hills, it was -4 degrees and down on to the coast road to Largs. Which was closed. We came back, cold to the bone, bike covered in road salt. I love your pics and the blue sky. I was in Freo in November and will be returning to Perth in Feb, not on a bike for fun but on business. Make the most of it you lucky bugger!
  3. exile730

exile730 exile730

Oddometer:
    I was out with a Scottish mate on Saturday - we are loving it here. I am intrigued - on a bike for business? What are you up to? It is well hot here at the moment but no complaints this end. It looks as cold as a witches tit over there in the UK so you will be loving the sun and blue skies for sure. What will you be riding over here?
  4. Davelee

Davelee n00b

Oddometer:
    You have misread me Mandurah man, " not on a bike, but on business". Oz is fab!
  5. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    It was 0 celsius this morning :vardy
    Thanks for the blue skies!!
  6. exile730

exile730 exile730

Oddometer:
    got you - nice trip for you and weather should be a shot in the arm for you after all that cold weather of late.

enjoy your trip, mate - and I am sure you will be loving the WA blue skies again.
  7. exile730

exile730 exile730

Oddometer:
    I was out again tonight and it was just mint.

I am on a 500km spin tomorrow on my 1974 Z1A so I will be posting up some pix with some blue skies and some sun, I hope.

Your spring and summer will be rolling in pretty soon and we will be heading into autumn and winter. We are just about to book a fly drive for August starting in LA and finishing in Vancouver. I can't wait I must tell you.
  8. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    Our summer starts after 4th of July; that's when all the rain subsides :lol3
    Have a great trip and send a PM if you have questions while in Portland.