Tesla LEDs, now on sale

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GHO100, Feb 24, 2012.

1. James Henry

James Henry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love the lights! The only issue I have had was a cracked lens after my daughter crashed on the Alaskan Highway. I had put the first set on my daughter's bike for safety, and now I am reclaiming them as she is selling her bike. The old lights will go on my Ural (love the piece of crap) and the new set on my V Strom
  2. polanskiman

polanskiman who's Z?

Oddometer:
    Hello,

How's the kit with harness and dimmer coming along?

Cheers
  3. James Henry

James Henry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was out riding my Ural in the snow today and when I got home, the mailman had left my new set of LED's. I was going to install them on my V Strom and take the old ones off my daughter's crashed dr650 and put them on my Ural. I was still grinning from the ride:D, so I am putting the new ones on the Ural and the old ones on the V Strom as it will fall over again. I will send pic's of the bikes with your lighting on them.
    Thanks you for the quick shipping on the second set, it was as quick as the first set. Great product at a great price.
    JH
  4. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Holiday Sale!

For the month of December, all ADV inmates get the special price of $160 per set, shipping included to the US.

Special discount available for international buyers as well.

Happy holidays everyone! :freaky
  5. Foo'bar

Foo'bar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey George,

almost 1 year now in service and still very pleased :)

[​IMG]
  6. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Nice shot! Glad they're working well for you.

I have a set that survived a wreck this July on my Vstrom, and has now been migrated to my sidecar rig. Still doing just fine, even with all the snow and terrible roads here.
  7. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Any shots of these on your Ural?

My friend KB mounted some on the front bumper of her Ural sidecar (hard to see in this angle, but its a great rig)

[​IMG]

Better shot, now with snow!!

[​IMG]
  8. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    is $160 the current price?
  9. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone!

The new 2014 offering will include a full relay harness, weatherpack connectors and a mountable switch:

[​IMG]

Current price is $175:
    www.teslaLEDs.com

Feel free to ask any questions via PM or in this thread!
  10. rthuey

Oddometer:
    what are the two pieces in the bottom of the box? if they are what i think they are, what is the inner diameter min & max?
  11. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Those are clamp mounts for crash bars or handlebars, and will work for 7/8" to 1" bars.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
  12. Sckill

Sckill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased a pair of these LEDs directly from George a few weeks ago. These lights have been working out great on my Super Tenere and perform high above my expectations for the price. These lights completely outshine my stock projector headlamps even with an aftermarket HID kit installed. Everything in front of the bike is now clearly illuminated and signs really light up far in front of the bike. While on a daytime group ride a couple of weeks back and bringing up the rear in the a pack of 4 bikes, all of the riders up front commented on how visible my bike was now in their mirrors.

I purchased these lights with the intention of increasing the front profile of the bike and supplementing my less than stellar stock headlights (even with HIDs installed). I mounted these lights on my altrider crash bars with the provided clamp mounts. I also used the provided harness with some modifications to shorten the wires, take out the provided switch / relay, and wired it directly to my Eastern Beaver switched power distribution block.

If I had any complaints it would be that the provided wiring harness was too long, but that was easily modified. Also, the bolts to secure the clamps and lights to the clamps do not have some sort of locking mechanism like self locking nuts. To give myself some peace of mind and prevent the bolts from vibrating loose, I put a small amount of adhesive to the threads.

I didn't get a chance to take a before / after comparison picture of light output, but here's a recent one of the bike with the lights on during the day. Overall I'm really happy with the lights and would buy them again.

[​IMG]
  13. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Very happy they're working out for you!

For those of you in the NYC area, feel free to send me a PM, and we can skip the shipping cost.

I will also arrange for discounts for bulk order if you want to get together with your friends and buy a few sets.

-George

14. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone!

For a limited time only, I am offering a super summer sale:

$150 for each set, shipping included to the US48!

PM me for shipping quotes or payment methods (The website will not reflect this sale)

Cheers! and stay safe!
  15. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Bump for a new price on the website:

$140 SHIPPED.

Let me know if you have any questions!
  16. LuckyDog

LuckyDog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi George. I picked up a rotary dimmer switch from an inmate on ADVrider. It's a little black cube with a cone shaped rotary dial and a bunch of wires coming out.. to be mounted on the handlebar.. Question: Will it work with your light kit? Hope so. Thanks!
  17. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi Duncan,

it should work just fine, assuming its a PWM, but you will need to re-wire the connector plug that's on the kit's harness. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

-George

18. rthuey

Oddometer:
    PWM = pretty white male???
  19. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    that rules you out!

PWM = pulse width modulator

Its actually the same technology you find in heated gear controllers of the modern age, rather than the old widder style ones.

They can be had various amp ratings, the easiest to get being 8 amps:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221538940508?lpid=82

You can pull the guts out of this, extend the control knob wiring if you like, and enclose the circuit in resin, or a little project box, etc.

As an aside, 8 amps would be enough to run most jackets, but won't work if you want your gloves and jacket on the same circuit.

This might do: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-50V-40A-...627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565f16a383

That said, each light runs around 2-3 amps (voltage fluctuates of course). 1 8 amp controlled for $4 and some tinkering will get you what you want for a light dimmer.

Now, making that waterproof and applicable to everyone...that's another story. Seems almost everyone I consult wants a different thing, which is why my harness kit just uses a standard on/off switch.

I'm happy to help anyone design and build their own controllers.
  20. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Greetings George,

I am tuning in here late. I checked out your web page, and see you have lights for $140 a pair with brackets?

Cool :deal

If you are selling just one variety or intensity of light option at one price, man I like that, keeps it simple.

Question though, from having experience with two sets of "similar" lights like these,
    do you offer the heavier bracket option sir?

Many thanks, we will do some business over the coming winter here as I reassemble a bike for spring.

Paul