F800GS aftermarket exhaust

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Bike4Fun, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ducpilot

ducpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Black Dog Cycle Works www.blackdogadvbikes.com is releasing their new F800GS skid plate that was designed with Remus exhaust. I got a chance to use one of the first prototypes and it is the strongest skidplate I have used to date. I tested it on Captain Jacks trail in CO and it survived "crankcase alley". Every other skid plate I've used would have been left on the trail.
    [​IMG]

Bret Tkacs - PSSOR F800GS - Puget Sound Safety
  2. ducpilot

Oddometer:

Fat chance.. the Honda is a V-twin, the Beemer is a parellel twin, you would have do chop them up and then weld them back into a new pipe. I doubt the headers are even the same size at the exhaust port.
  3. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    You're exaggerating just a bit, right? What did you do to knock them off? I've dragged my skid plate over rocks and tree trunks, and it's shown no sign of coming off.

Fred
  4. dendrophobe

dendrophobe Motorbike Junky

Oddometer:
    Any more info? How much does it cover the oil filter? Cat coverage? Metal thickness?

It's about time somebody made a skid plate that works with aftermarket headers with no mods...
  5. jttele

jttele Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got mine and it's the best deal I could ever imagine on an aftermarket exhaust. Looks great, sounds great, has a lifetime warranty, and costs 1/3 to 1/2 of most anything else I've looked at. It actually got to me in North Carolina 3 business days from when they shipped it from the U.K. and cost a total inc. shipping of US$280.00! What's not to like?
  6. ducpilot

Oddometer:
    I took the Black dog plate out and was trying to destroy it. After all I didn't pay for it :evil

This was the result of a ride that was way tame in comparison to the run in Colorado and when I pulled this plate off 3 out of 4 of the rubber mounts were sheared off and the front bracket was totally wacked. OEM aluminum Touratech plate

[​IMG]

This was on my strom and was even tamer than the GS ride, bent the crud out of it but no failures. SW Motech plate [​IMG]
  7. ducpilot

Oddometer:
    Trees have never caused an issue with my skid plates either
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm loving my new Remus, nearly OEM quiet but with a nicer tone and it's lighter

[​IMG]
  8. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Remus is my favorite OPEN exhaust... I have heard many.... But the remus is the sweetest with the potato out....

:thumb:thumb

Erling
  9. ducpilot

Oddometer:
    Update: it looks like the Blackdog skid plate is now on the Blackdog site http://blackdogadvbikes.com/black-d...w-skid-plate-for-the-bmw-f800gs/294-2142.html

It is a full length plate, I will mic the thickness when I get my final production plate. I can say it is at least 3x the thickness of the OEM aluminum plate made by Touratech. I don't have any really good photos but here are two shots of the plate they are using as a template for the production versions which they are building as I type this.

The front has a lot of engine coverage...
    [​IMG]

The sign is covering it but the plate extends all the way past the Cat on the exaust and is completly flat with no bolt heads showing.
    [​IMG]
  10. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    ok....so how do you jump over a log with the f8??!!

11. Angryrican

Angryrican Beer lover

Oddometer:
    I don't think he's jumping, more like riding right over it:lol3
  12. ducpilot

Oddometer:
    The best part is I get paid to teach others how to ride their bikes better... :clap

[​IMG]

Bret Tkacs riding over log during PSSOR Adventure rider training with Puget Sound Safety and a full 5.3 gal Touratech tank
  13. Angryrican

Angryrican Beer lover

Oddometer:
    Where? I'm in:wink:
  14. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    Got a video of this ducpilot ?
    I'll be sure to check out your school someday. :clap

It's probably the link in his signature: www.pssor.com
  15. ducpilot

Oddometer:

No video of this but here is a video of of me screwing around on my old Vstrom 1000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_p4M6omm-Q ...

If you want to come out and play with us our base operation is in Washington State. This year for adventure rider training we have 4 spring adventure camps (one is a womans only camp), an Alaska Adventure training tour, a Washington Backcountry Discovery Route trip (Date pending, www.wabdr.com ) and 3 multi-day training outings in partnership with Touratech USA that cover every thing from backcountry navigation (no GPS) to gourmet camp cooking (including baking). The best website to find the Adventure focused training is www.advcamp.com
  16. whitham_wannabe

whitham_wannabe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very interested in the above riding training, you can never have too much training! I'll be in touch :D

Back to the topic at hand, fitted a Two Brothers Ti pipe to my 800 last night. Very nice piece, but, boy does it seem loud right now. Most un-BMW like.I will probably ride it for a few weeks and see if I get used it, otherwise I'll be getting the cone of silence.

BRAAAAPP!
  17. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    I attended the Adventure Camp put on by PSSOR and I can tell you it was one of the most worthwhile training classes I have ever taken, and I have taken quite a few. Very worthwhile to say the least. No matter what your skill level is, there is something that can be learn by their course.

Much better money spent than on an exhaust....:hide
  18. RobertAmsterdam

RobertAmsterdam https://www.instagram.com/ktmfreerideexc/

Oddometer:
    Mivv suono full carbon on the f800gs

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9_77BUReIPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. lodevc

lodevc Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. wortho

wortho Adventurer

Oddometer: