GatosBros

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jesusgatos, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a GPR stabilizer that I would like to mount under the bar of my KTM 640 Adventure and would also like to retain my HDB top clamp.
    Are you manufacturing anything that would work for me??

Thank you.
  2. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your interest. We have designed these stabilizer mounts to fit Scotts steering stabilizers specifically, and they will also work with Fastway's stabilizers. We're looking into making mounts to accommodate GPR stabilizers, but do not have anything to offer you at this time.
  3. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll gladly send you my GPR to have you build something for me!
    Let me know if you get something in the works.

Cheers
  4. EKhatch

EKhatch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you guys still working on those footpegs? When you get them done will they be able to be mounted in a lower position than stock such as the Fastway pegs?
  5. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Yes, we're still working on the footpegs. Fastway patented that design, so no. If we want to reposition the footpegs, we have to make them that way. No big deal, we'll just have to make a few different versions if there is a demand for footpegs with different mounting points.
  6. rpmwfo

rpmwfo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When are you going to crank out a run of the triples for the XR650R using CRF forks that allow us to still run a Scotts? Or come out with a slick post mount to use with your universal stab mount on a XR650R running USD forks. Until there is a solution to run the stabilizer, I am holding off on putting the USD forks on my XR650R. I know you already came up with the design for a set of triple trees a while back that took care of this problem.
  7. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Well we sold-off all of our 650R's, so that project got pushed way down the priority list. Honestly don't think there's much of a demand for them, but I've had a few requests recently my buddy James just bought another one, so I think we'll probably make at least one small batch. Here's a link to the original thread if anyone is interested. Post-up if you want a set so we know how many to make. If there's enough interest we can make that happen sooner than later. Want to make a few small revisions, but they're pretty much ready to go.

[​IMG]
  8. rpmwfo

rpmwfo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I'll take a set if you make them.
  9. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fawk yes Jesse! I'm in for a set of footpegs when they come out. I keep bending and breaking the fastways because they need more triangulation :lol3
  10. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Here you go. Spent the last few days making some small changes//updates/improvements, and just sent the CAD files out to get quotes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    Made this carbon / Kevlar mudflap a few years ago for my CRFX when I was just learning about composites and mold making. The part itself turned out ok (first part and mold I ever made), but I really liked the process and possibilities of composites. Been learning ever since. After 2 years of tires wearing on it, rocks smacking into it, and all the other abuse a mudflap takes, the thing is still looking great and strong as ever.

[​IMG]

We sold most our Hondas and are riding KTM's now. My brothers and I have been REALLY unhappy with how quickly those mudflaps get holes blown thorough them and the bottom halves worn off. With a new tire, the mudflap has a peep hole in less than a few hundred miles. A short while later they look like this:

[​IMG]

The floppy EVA KTM mudflaps are not the only ones with this issue, here is Jesse's PP mud flap off his XR650R:

[​IMG]

So far we have five aluminum molds finished and we are beginning to setup manufacturing. Just wanted to share with you guys and see what you think. Applications we have covered so far include:

KTM big bikes 1998+
    XR650R all years
    CRF250R 04-05
    CRF250X 04-08

We will be making a few more molds shortly to fit the Honda 450's and most Yamaha's. -More depending on interest level. Color will be the same as your bike manufacturer:

[​IMG]

UPDATE:

We just got our mold for 2007 / 2008 and newer KTM's ready for production. Just going to test out a few more layups before we put them up on the site. So far they've been bombproof. Shoot me a PM if you would like me to notify you when they become available!

[​IMG]
  12. rpet

rpet Awesometown

Oddometer:
    Cool idea!

Some thoughts:
    - If mudflaps are consumable, these should have consumable pricing. A 4xOEM price for a 1.5xOEM durability won't succeed.
    - I personally don't like the aesthetics of a tiny bit of carbon weave on a vehicle that is 95% metal, so a solid color option (stealth look) would be a bonus for me.
  13. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks rpet!

-Totally agree with what your saying, but these flaps will not be disposable like the stock ones. GatosBros not about paying more for less. I'm trying to get my bike to the point where the only things I have to replace is gas and tires. (I think these mudflaps are only a small piece to the puzzle.) :rofl

-I hear what your saying. I thought the twill looked a bit sexxay myself, but it would be easy enough to do solid colors. Might be a bit tricky to find plain Kevlar cloth in a color other than yellow though... Can look around some more.
  14. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice and neat solution !

Question: Berg FE450 '05 and 640 Adv '02. I presume for the KTM you have something. For the Berg ? :huh
    I agree that a stealth solution down there would be a bonus.
    I wonder, how the other side is where the swingarm rubs itself onto the protector. Does it have a polishing effect on the swingarm? :huh
  15. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Hey Armageddon,

Or C-Clamps will fit both of those bikes if your running aluminum wrap around hand guards. Our KTM / Huaberg stabilizer mount may fit your '05 450. If you could give me a part number off the upper tripleclamp to try and cross-reference with a KTM part number. Or take a few quick measurements, I can tell you. I know for sure they fit the 2009+ bikes, but have not had the opportunity to test fit an older one.

The mud flaps all sit very close to the swing arm. Will take a few pics for you to see the gap when we start pulling the first few parts out of the molds. I know for sure that these will not "wear away'' at your swing arm though.
  16. EKhatch

EKhatch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No worries. I ws still in town when he called me back so we were able to meet up. Super nice guy. Can't wait to see how those footpegs turn out. Thanks for the parts, they look nice.
  17. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Any idea if the damper mount attach to the black billet KTM-brand clamps that come on the Six Days and some SX models?

thanks
  18. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Yes, we make a stabilizer mount to fit the billet tripleclamps that come on the Six Days and SX models. Just select 'version 1 (billet tripleclamps)'.
  19. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Couple more dumb questions. Can you explain or shoot a link to something that explains Handlebar Perches Position, and perch positions? Are 1 and 4 the same, just flipped, and 2/3 the same?

thanks, I appreciate it..
  20. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Sure, no prollem. Handlebar positions 1-4 is not anything that we came up with (it's the terminology that KTM uses). Most of the perches have a 3mm offset, and there are two sets of mounting holes in most tripleclamps, so there are four ways to mount the handlebar perches.

Position 1 (closest to the rider) - perches in the rear mounting holes, with the perches offset to the rear.

Position 2 - perches in the rear mounting holes, with the perches offset to the front.

Position 3 - perches in the front mounting holes, with the perches offset to the rear.

Position 4 (furthest forward) - perches in the front mounting holes, with the perches offset to the front.