R.M.T.A. - Rocky Mountain Trials Association

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brake, Apr 23, 2010.

1. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    We have a game plan! :thumb
  2. Mike D

Mike D Corporate Cog

Oddometer:
    Great event at a new location outside of Ft. Collins yesterday.

Bailey Tucker making it look easy:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1kJpGtm88GE?list=UUWtQAgwrrIdl-STnTtn4E4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. Pendragon5

Pendragon5 Carress of Steel

Oddometer:
    I liked the area and it was close to my house. I hope we play there again. I didn't see your sections as I was busy with Vintage B class. Nice videos.:d
  4. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    PLEASE, where near Ft Collins was this? I grew up in RMTA until 76, hopes to come and ride with you all someday again, soon. Brother lives just south of ft collins.

thanks.
  5. no2tracks

no2tracks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Brake

Brake "Tractor right up it"

Oddometer:
    :nod

Cool place and was definetly nice to have a shorter drive home than everything south. Sounded like they were trying to work with the landowner, somewhat successfully, to have this a return event. Maybe even a two day....
  7. no2tracks

Oddometer:
    Rounds 4 & 5 of the RMTA schedule at Tucker Ranch, June 1 & 2. :clap
  8. Moto Beak

Moto Beak Professional Amateur

Oddometer:
    I'll make it for Sunday. Maybe I should practice a little. I didn't do so good at Stock Ranch. :muutt
  9. Mike D

Mike D Corporate Cog

Oddometer:
    Here are a couple videos from yesterday:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WtUob1tyCww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_8MUtwbGB0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OU1uqxOJjQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Brake

Oddometer:
    Nice videos and a fun trials. I had some pretty tired faces roll through the section i was scoring. Props to the Busch brothers for the set-up. I have always enjoyed watching and riding the ones they do.
  11. no2tracks

Oddometer:
    Yeah there were a lot of sweaty, tired faces during the last lap. I was at section 8, the last of 4 in a row. My first time scoring. It was neat to watch all the different techniques and lines.

I thought it was really thoughtful of the Tuckers to have all those white flowers throughout the campsites.:lol3 And the view of the Sangre's was nice too! Great weather and campsite, it was a great weekend for trials!

The only downside for me was that I Spazzed out bad in section 4 amateur line. Caught my pinkie between a rock and a hard handlebar, stuck my foot out into space, where my body followed it, tumbling down the rocks and my bike landed on top of me. Luckily I had my hands up and hit the engine case and swingarm to push it off of me. Luckily my hands didn't go into the spinning rear wheel. Someone righted the bike that never stalled and I rode away.
  12. Mike D

Mike D Corporate Cog

Oddometer:
    I saw that spazzing - - it was really something to witness. When the bike landed on you, I thought for sure your hands were going to enter into a losing battle with the rear wheel. But then you popped up and rode away like nothing happened!! It was pretty awesome. Glad you're okay.
  13. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    I'm curious. What score was this rider given? :ear
  14. Mike D

Mike D Corporate Cog

Oddometer:
    I scored him a 3
  15. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    I'm genuinely curious, not trying to start a fight... :D

Do your rules allow both feet down stopped? Is that normal for "modern rules?" I thought 1 foot down stopped was OK (the dreaded all day dab) but two feet down was a 5.

Thanks
  16. Mike D

Mike D Corporate Cog

Oddometer:
    This is only my second season - so I may be mistaken (but I don't think so): 2 feet down is ok (2 pts min) as long as they are on opposite sides of the bike, and between the axles. (i.e. If a rider loops the bike out but is able to hold on, that's a 5 because his feet are behind the rear axle).
  17. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    you scored it right.

that is within rules as we've known them for a while, 2 feet down is still a "2" moving or not. Now technically any rearward movement is a 5, but unless you go more than an inch or two, most judges give that to you, not all, but most. this is because it is a "friendly & Amature sport" almost all ran by volunteers, of clubs, here in usa. Sometimes, a pro rider might not get so "lenient judging" by pro judges (which there are none).

if there is big money, like nascar or motcross, then the rules get tightened big time, when it is amature, how many times you recall getting flagged in junior high football for spiking the football, in YMCA football (volunteer everything)?
  18. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you weren't hurt too bad - could have been much worse. Im installing a tether type kill switch Monday to save me and the motor in such cases. Our organization is making them mandatory next year. Much safer for the spectators too!
  19. no2tracks

Oddometer:
  20. Brake

Oddometer:
    In!! Excited to have another trials this close to home:freaky