Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where I come from, Nashville counts as East Coast.....I mean it's over towards the east and about middle for diddle on the vertical. Kinda central for those Easterners!

I cannot physically get myself into 10 places within a week so I had to take a punt on locations and hope that people would be willing to travel if they really wanted to see the show. The locations were decided by the locations that were willing to put the effort in to getting me there and manage all the logistics. There were other offers later on but to be honest, I had to draw the line.

If I went to everyone's home town it would take me a year to get around everyone, it'd be fun though, there's an idea :rofl

Trust you understand Toby, by ticket was $2500 as it was with just three locations and I'm still paying off January's efforts.

Lyndon
  2. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Hey Pyn,
    Got a hold of Ben for a ticket last week and will ride down from NE PA on Friday morning. Look forward to meeting you all Saturday night, aaand taking a ride over to Tellico on Sunday! :thumb

Like Lyndon said... just outside Nashville, and some of the friendliest folks you'll find anywhere.:deal
    Saturday 30th March 2013 - Sloan's Motorcycle, Murfreesboro, TN, EVENT DETAILS HERE
  3. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Dirt or street in SF?
  4. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Probably street.....just for ease of logistics (amount of gear I need to carry around).
  5. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that helped contribute towards my telephone costs for the Rally Radio calls that I made during the Dakar.

A special thanks to Nate to making the calls possible and for facilitating the contribution channels during the race. This was the only real way I was able to connect with you all during the race and although it cost a lot to do it, I know it was worth it.

It's great to see so many people helped contribute towards the cost. A massive thank you for this.

This is me making a Rally Radio call from the finish line.....

[​IMG]
  6. T9ER

T9ER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just read the entire thread over the last week or so. What an amazing adventure. I followed the South African guys during the Dakar and waited up to watch the highlights on TV every night but this was like recording a Tv series and then watching them all back to back. Truly inspiring and honestly felt part of the adventure with all the call ins. Next time I'll be sure to catch your adventure live. Well done!!!:clap:clap:clap
  7. Pyndon

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

8. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Good stuff Lyndon! Look forward to seeing you in the Romamiacs.:deal
    Was down to Nashville Sat night to see Lyndons presentation folks.... He's a great guy and VERY organized! Enjoyed it immensely :freaky will post up a couple pics and an approved video as soon as I get a free minute.
    Thanx for taking the time to swing over to the states!

Peace,
    Jim
  9. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a brief jaunt through our beloved Rocky mountains,,,and am tickled pink that you are going for the Romaniacs challenge,,,,I've always liked your style and that includes your ability to discern what is important for your and your visions development....your ability to prioritize and visualize the steps needed for accomplishing a higher goal,,,the choice of team-mates and even the sponsors you have learned to trust,,,

So thanks for giving us another opportunity to be part of your dreams and accomplishments,,,

OBTW,,everyone here gave two thumbs up when they saw us listed on your up-dated sponsor page....

Holler if there are any last minute things ya need help with....
    :freaky
    Woody n the gang

OBTW...one more time,,,an open invitation to you ,your sweetie and mum n dad,,,to visit and play with us...you know the drill:wink:
  10. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Thanks Woody, appreciate it! Am bust preparing for Romaniacs...it's going to be crazy for sure. I just updated everyone on the latest from Lyndon Poskitt Racing, I'll post the video here too.

Lyndon
  11. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    .....but as always, I like to keep people posted. I have set myself up for some new challenges and here they are. It's going to be fun, not just for me but hopefully for people to follow also. :pynd

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/drNMIin7HSI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Good luck on the RBR, FIM Morroco and training/ health upgrades. Like the approach of team development. Can't wait to follow the bike build too. And the funny bits at the end... haha.

When you do line everything up for a future Dakar entry, I'll be excited to see you break the top 30 overall, and maybe a top 5 in stage or two.

Cheers!
  13. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    Lyndon,

I was holding off giving my $$ support to anyone else for this Dakar 2014 until I heard from you. I will reserve 2015 for you tho! Who can you recommend for 2014?? :deal

Toby
  14. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    JMo & Piglet on the KTM LC4-50
  15. hughrk

hughrk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. striped tomato

striped tomato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Poskitt shirt to the northern tip of Australia
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371889284.718516.jpg
  17. Pyndon

Oddometer:
  18. johnBOYhenson

johnBOYhenson rallye intern

Oddometer:
    Hey,

Lyndon, can you give us a spoiler and tell us what you're going to build for your 2013-14 rally bike?

thanks,

john
  19. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    John,

Sure.....it will be Blue :D

Lyndon

20. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    So that rules out...

Honda, Ossa, Penton, Rokon, Husquvarna, Harley...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.