Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. TN3Sport

TN3Sport East TN DS Rider

Oddometer:
    Well, it is said that the two happiest days of a boat owners life are the day they buy a boat and the day they sell it...
  2. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    I headed west out of Phoenix in a couple hours. Drop me a PM if you're here next week. I'm not on two wheels, but I know where there is a couch to crash on.
  3. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope you do it!
    Not me....for some reason, I have become afraid of open spaces, and heights.
    Kind of weird when I grew up on the 15th floor of an apartment building and swam out to small coral islands from the beaches in PR.
  4. T-FAST

T-FAST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope you have a safe journey tomorrow through Texas to Arizona.
  5. gueroaero

gueroaero Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome thread Anti.
  6. 3B43

3B43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have to comment on your post #995:

'My leaving was a 'suicide of sorts.'
    'Things exist inside of me that didn't exist when I began.'

Many of us have a tickle/tingle, deep in our soul, and a want/need to follow 'it', but due to our fear, commitments, career, family, finances, or combination of all off them, DON'T! That tickle/tingle quite possibly is a total unknown (not a particular goal/achievement), but a want/need to find 'it'. Some of us have been tossed/kicked, out of our 'normalcy' and through a doorway into the unknown, with the landscape in front of us totally foreign. A 'suicide of sorts', but not by choice! A new journey begins and IF you embrace it, the new 'experiences' start changing the terrain in your spirit & soul. PLUS, it will allow you to now chase/follow that tickle/tingle and see where it leads you......IF you really want to find out!

I have to disagree with your quote above: 'Things exist inside of me that didn't exist when I began.'

Those 'new' things that now exist in you.........they were always there! They were just waiting for you to cultivate them and allow them to GROW! The 'experiences' of your trip did just that! It fertilized and nourished those seeds. There are many 'seeds' hiding inside of us, deep in the ravines of our soul, that will grow/blossom and quite possibly change our direction of our life, if allowed.
  7. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    So I check from work computer ad I see no images. Weird. Then I remember my iPhone and check via Tapatalk.
    Images are fine.

Weird.

Sent from my Hipster Rotary iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    He may need to speed up some. He hasn't broken the sound barrier yet.
  9. hilld

hilld riding isn't an addiction

Oddometer:
    Portland, OR - raingear or web feet required
    Hey what app is that?
  10. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    MotionX GPS.

Sent from my Hipster Rotary iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Gun Smoke

Gun Smoke Banned

Oddometer:
    Alright boys it's time to mobilize the get Hero out of jail and legal defense fund. They use drones in the areas he's traversing.

12. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Despite the fact that the energy required by my brother to repost my tweets here seems to be greater than the energy required to drive 1036 miles in 16 hours on a Panigale, I made it. That's right. An Ironbutt on a Panigale: finit. Subtract the 3 hours fucking around on the side of the road taking pictures, taking pisses, visiting my sis, stopping for gas (10x), etc., and I averaged 79+ mph, which includes way too many 45mph construction zones (where no construction was happenin', but lots of double fines were), closed lanes, etc. etc. All in all -- a pretty good day except for the horrific NM accident and a dragged body on 10.

[​IMG]
  13. Gun Smoke

Gun Smoke Banned

Oddometer:
    Congrats man. Well done on a brutal machine; my hat's off to you sir. Iron butt indeed.
  14. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! Wow!.........Wow.....

Great Job!
    Your in way better shape then I am! LOL
    That info (1036), puts you in a new category!
    Can't wait to read and see the pictures of that day!

Congratz once again!
  15. 3B43

3B43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1000+ miles in ONE day on a 1199!!! You R an animal! Thing is, what KIND of animal!
  16. camgregus

camgregus riding gently now Supporter

Oddometer:
    on the banks of the mighty mississippi, AR side
    horrific
    NM
    accident?!!!!
  17. pumpe3

pumpe3 lazy Swede

Oddometer:
    Finaly read all 68 pages, great RR
  18. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok anyone reading along yesterday saw some tweets posted by my brother that were then nuked (all but one for some reason). Ended up being more confusing and disjointed than just redoing it all, so I'm hitting the reset button and starting over.

Cliffs notes version of Austin (I'll do a complete out-of-sequence report later) was that it is an awesome place. On day two I met up with a Ducati dude ('Sup Alex!), from CA who was out visiting a girl (Tina) he met in a cab in Redding who lives in Dallas. We went out, drank way too much and I woke up around 1:30 in the afternoon the next day with a hangover and extremely vague memories. I did meet a girl (thanks to Tina) who a few days later would become the first AntiHero hostess along the way, though. That's right, boys--a girl actually opened her doors up the night before I left and let me crash at her place. She didn't know what she was getting into, though. Either my packing/preparation or my stories put her to sleep. In any case, I had a witness to exactly when I left Austin.

[​IMG]

Set my timer and tried to catch some Zzzzzs.

[​IMG]

I barely slept. I was excited. The preparation for battle, the moments of anticipation, the fear of failure all conspired to keep me awake. Morning came quickly, along with a sort of dense fog/sprinkle that coated the already very greasy Austin Roads. Forecast showed no rain and decent mid/high morning temps, so I left with just a thin layer (T-Shirt and thin parka) under my jacket. Dumb. Why I like to error on the side of freezing I know not.

[​IMG]

The Route:

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  19. slomo510

slomo510 what to ride today?

Oddometer:
    Good Job on putting her to sleep Dennis! :lol3
  20. ///Monster

///Monster Does it have wheels?

Oddometer:
    Haha. Every damn time!

Congrats on the 1000 mile blast. This seems to be the case of every road trip or bike trip. You take your time getting there and have all of the fun and then it's a race to get home along the most direct and least entertaining route. It makes reaching the halfway point of a trip seem more like the end. The ride home is just an evil necessary; a commute.

Hopefully the next adventure starts for you soon.