1. alfisto

alfisto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hahahhaha Sweeeeeeeet, I'll just pretend that I sent it off for pimp L.E.D installations.
  2. robfilms

robfilms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how to remove loctite?

i used loctite (maybe red-maybe blue-i can't remember) on the two bolts holding my license plate.

i now need to remove my license plate.

how do i "un-do" the loctite?

thanks in advance to those who care to share.

be well.

rob
  3. BushwickKLR

BushwickKLR Long timer

Oddometer:
    heat.
  4. robfilms

robfilms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you talking heat gun?

hair dryer?

butane lighter?

thanks in advance.

rob
  5. Migi Mouse

Migi Mouse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They have paved the west bound cross bronx, sad though if one were too hit one of the deep truck gouges in the asphalt just right one could get some air
  6. BushwickKLR

BushwickKLR Long timer

Oddometer:
    depends on if there isn't any plastic attatched to the bolt anywhere. if there isn't, a small torch. if there is, try a soldering iron and try to get just the nut as hot as possible. the heat softens the locktite and allows you to get the bolt out pretty easy.
  7. nateberkopec

nateberkopec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Sckill

Sckill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ben - sorry to hear your DRZ got stolen and hope you had some kind of comprehensive insurance on it. I remember your DRZ was pretty well "used" and I immediately recognized it from your first picture.

Can you be more specific on the parts that are scraped up? The plastics and stickers may be taken off the bike, but the scraped up handguards, clutch lever, and other bits probably will stay the same and may be easier to spot.
  9. motorock

motorock Explorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about it. At home I always park it by chaining it to a metal rail just under the building + alarm disc lock + gorilla pager alarm. Anyone tries to move it will wake up the residents and my pager will go off too.
    Parking in the city is more tricky- just the disc lock and the alarm (which doesnt work as well because of too many obstacles to the radio signals- looking into a Scorpio).
    I hope you do find the bike back- and yes, please list all the parts that we should look out for. Good luck!
  10. motorock

Oddometer:
  11. alfisto

alfisto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I honestly doubt it will be used for parts, my bet is a stunt bike. Haha yes, I cleverly left many distinguishable markings.

• Luggage rack has the back left corner rounded and rusted from being near-looped at FBF, and the rear fender lip has a matching cut/bend in it.
    • There's a divot in the right fork cap from the hand guard clamp colliding with it when the bike landed on the right bar end, moose hand guards are appropriately scuffed, the stock bars have flaking paint/ rust patches.
    • If they leave the wiring in, the hand warmers have a couple thick gauge red wires running along the right side of the frame by the steering lock, and the very noticeable stebel horn has some yellow wire running to it.
    • The tank shrouds have very bling rusty/black allen key head bolts. The tank has the original warning stickers.

Honestly, if it ever does pop up, the stock appearance and all them spots of character will be a dead give away, as most bikes are super modded.

Yep, the best thing I could have done would have been to make an anchor in the lot and chain it down every night. In most instances, thieves can be so quick picking a dirtbike up that a disc lock, and pager alarm wouldn't do much good. The siren is a nice touch, but they'd be gone so quick they wouldn't care.
  12. motorock

Oddometer:
    Yeah, a determined thief will get the bike he wants- thats why chains doubled with alarms work as a chain will at least take ten extra seconds to break- while the alarms go blaring. The Scorpio can give real time GPS location which would help in case the thief is on the run right after lifting it and doesnt know where to look for the module. Hopefully the cops can find the thieves before they can find the module- if they even realize that there's one. Plus, theft insurance also goes a long way.
  13. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Quiet day. All you bastards must have been out riding

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
  14. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:

http://ridescorpio.com/
    GPS and an iPhone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. motorock

Oddometer:
    Weirdest thing happened today- just don't know how to react!
    I parked my bike on Lafayette & Walker, east side, between muni meter parking and pedestrian crosswalk, between the two lines- mainly because a d*****bag cruiser guy across the street (free parking that block) wouldn't let me park too close to his bike lest I scrape his paint!). When I came back in the evening- around 630- I saw my bike on the sidewalk with a big fluorescent sticker of the NYPD on top of the license plate, basically saying that the bike had been "relocated" by being "towed" by a truck because of a "special event" and that the bike should not be issued summons or towed within 48 hours of the notice.
    So basically they took my bike, lifted it and put it on the sidewalk- and TBH, I feel a bit violated! They had not pasted any signs that said that there would be a "special event" otherwise I would not have parked there. On the other hand, I think it means that the spot is actually okay for free parking as I was not sure before. I had to check my bike and so far doesn't seem to have incurred any damage. Anything similar happened to anyone- and what did you do?
  16. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    ^^^

did you make copies of the sticker to sell? sounds like they are free passes to park on the sidewalk :D
  17. GridCrosser

GridCrosser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Common practice for film shoots and transport of overdimensional loads over city streets, and high security events. Usually NYPD or DOT require posting notices at least 24 hours beforehand.

Why does a cruiser guy get to dictate where you park on a public street?

18. Martin781

Martin781 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have this and how do you like it? Seems cool for $215
  19. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:

I WANT it. Badly. But I have too many other things to buy first. Also there is a $10 monthly fee. But still - they have a version of lo jack. It tracks and maps your trips. You can have it email family that your safe as you get to certain destinations. You can add on tire sensors and an alarm siren with a fob that disarms as you get close to bike.

I tried to convince them to give me a review unit :) no go.

20. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:

Genius.