Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I know what you mean. This batch is shipping on Tuesday.

<BR>
  2. jadoca

jadoca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset"> Originally Posted by Poolside [​IMG]
    Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30° jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Poolside, Any updates on this? Riding season is rapidly approaching and it's been about a month since you you posted the above response.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Dave
    <!-- / message -->
    I for one would like an answer to this question please. So what is it?
  3. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    PS,

I may have missed this but since I want to "upgrade", when that becomes a reality, do I have to choose between an Air/Cool OR Air/Smooth? Can you install both?

[ "If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth"]

Thanks,

Phil
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    If you bought an Air, what you get is the original price of the Air, and you can apply that to any of the new digital products. As far as installing both, JJ and I will cover all the technical aspects in the main thread.

<BR>
  5. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    There was another board revision, to give it a little more clearance. The calibration part connects inside of the vial. You know, where the jumper pins are located. The new board rev should be here in 14 days, and assembly will begin. That should make for an interesting photo journal.

<BR>
  6. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    One of us missed the memo....JJ closed that thread on 2-7-14.
  7. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    It's understandable. Many people didn't see that as an interim sort of thing. There was so much other silliness going on in there at the time. But JJ mentions it in the last post where it reads, "I'm going to close this thread, for now."

<BR>
  8. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:

Cool when you and JJ get the products ready to go and all sorted out the old "Hotrodding the GS" [temp closed] will be resurrected and all things good will be posted there...

Thanks,

Phil
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>As you may know, this batch of IICE Airs was shipped last Tuesday. A couple of people let me know that theirs haven't arrived yet, so I checked with USPS. Apparently the shipment is being returned because of an incorrect date on the postage. I purchased shipping labels dated for last Tuesday and brought the batch of Airs to USPS on Tuesday afternoon. There was a long line, so I dropped them into the mail chute inside the post office. I did not check or notice that the mail chute inside the office has a pick-up time earlier than than the office closing time. Sorry about that folks.

I'm told they will be returned this week. I'll turn them around the same day.

<BR>
  10. Three Dawg

Three Dawg Into Africa

Oddometer:
    I think this must be your personal smiley: :baldy

Lookin' forward to receiving mine, whenever it turns up.:thumb
  11. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Yours was in that batch, RJ. They'll get repackaged and sent out as soon as they get here.

Then we'll move along to calibration plug-in parts, and the new Digital products.

<BR>
  12. Three Dawg

Three Dawg Into Africa

Oddometer:
    Cool- it'll be here just in time for the start of the riding season!
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>The shipment from last Tuesday arrived this morning. They're getting repackaged with new shipping labels, and going out today.

<BR>
  14. liviob

liviob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will the IICE air work with a 2008 1200 GS as shipped or does this need the Calibration plug to work with this bike?
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reminder LB. I need to update the 'How to Adjust the IICE Air' links in the main thread in GSpot.

The answer to your question is in the following post.

<BR>
  16. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    FOR NOW, IF YOUR BIKE APPEARS IN GREEN ON THE FITMENT CHART BELOW, use the -30° jumper setting.

All the IICE Airs are the same. We designed a plug-in calibration part to address the issue on the BMW models affected. See the link below for the Bike Fitment List.

We are setting up to build that plug-in calibration part.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE?&#8195;Link to the Calibration Issue post:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23131510#post23131510

IS MY BIKE AFFECTED?&#8195;Link to Calibration Plug-in Bike Fitment Chart:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23146556#post23146556

WHAT JUMPER SETTING SHOULD I USE FOR NOW?&#8195;Link to Jumper Settings post:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16533527#post16533527

HOW DO I GET THE CALIBRATION PART?
    To get the upgrade part, send me an email by USING THIS LINK ONLY:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2870

Include the following info in the message:
    1. Full name that you used with Paypal
    2. Mailing address
    3. Paypal transaction number - If you can find it
    4. Your bike model and year

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    If your model bike appears in GREEN on the chart below, you need the free calibration plug-in part.

[​IMG]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Until you get the calibration plug-in part, use the -30°C jumper setting. (The illustration below shows the jumper in the -20° setting.)

[​IMG]

<BR>
  17. liviob

liviob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update.
  18. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can we return this for a full refund since at the time of purchase it was advertised as being fully compatible with all fuel injected BMW bikes? I'd like my money back.
  19. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Hey there Bracky. The calibration plug-in part is at no cost. When I designed the IICE Air it worked on all the models. We found out about the issue late last year and designed a plug-in part to make the Air work as-designed.

There are two ways you can go. You can choose the Calibration plug-in part, or you can apply the full price of the IICE Air towards the upcoming IICE Digital line. The Air, Smooth, Cool, and Air are now digital.

The choice to apply the full price of the IICE Air towards the upcoming IICE Digital line applies to all Air owners, regardless of bike model.

<BR>
  20. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Did I miss a restart on that thread after it was closed down?

When do you expect to ship either the adjunct devices for the IICE Airs or the digital Smooth/Cools?

Thanks,

Phil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.