Neale Bayly Rides kinda sucks

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by guitarin, Jun 16, 2013.

1. otto

otto Long timer

Oddometer:
    That "Fashion Statement" had me looking for the barf bag.
  2. operose

operose Mama tried

Oddometer:
    Has basically been said, but can't hurt to add my three cents.

This whole thread weirds me out. Don't have cable TV but if we did I still probably wouldn't watch this show. If I did, I wouldn't come on a site dedicated to riding motorcycles and bitch about it. Nobody sat down and said "you know who we should make a TV show for? Those guys on advrider.com!!!!! I know they don't ride motorcycles anyway so maybe they'd like to watch other people do it"

If you don't like what these people put together for you to watch... don't watch it?

All of you that came into this thread and complained about Morgan Bayfield Rides Ponies or whatever it is called should reflect on the fact that if your butt hadn't been planted on the couch watching TV, you could have had your butt planted on a motorcycle, riding somewhere. Maybe to an orphanage? Maybe to starbux, who gives a crap. Stop bitching, start riding.

Rant off.
  3. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, CTRN Supporter

Oddometer:
    That guy, the "Whiskey Priest", looked like a doof with that stupid thing on his head. WTF was up with all of his crying? I guess he is the sensitive one with the goatee...

Hope he doesn't read all of the criticism here. He might cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.

JG
  4. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"WTF was up with all of his crying?"

They thought he had 'altitude sickness'... it was over 14K feet up on the plateau.
    I dunno, I haven't ridden a motorcycle at that altitude... (and probably never will).

I did think the last episode was ok though...

A number of years ago I set up 15 surplus pc's to go down to a native school in Honduras.
    Later on I went down to visit the school... and the atmosphere was pretty much like the orphanage.

School kids was singing songs, speeches, kids made gifts for us, party.
    IMHO: pretty fn' amazing... it was just like being in a movie (or a TV series).
  5. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would rather have made a program that 10% loved, than 90% thought was ok.

I suffered through the 1st epp, missed the 2nd and watched 45 mins of the 3rd.

So, how did it end?
  6. kingby

kingby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Said the dude tapping away on a keyboard:poser
  7. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's not fair. His bitching is totally different from ours. :D
  8. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that 4 rich white people rode very expensive motorbike to an orphanage in Peru and delivered a single laptop (and did a little bit of work) :dunno

My God, could they have more friggin' drama....
  9. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    Changing the channel because somebody is wearing an offensive head garment????? Wow. how intolerant have we become these days.

Sometimes you have to spend money on something like this to create awareness and generate donations. Did all of you complain when Jerry Lewis did his telethon? Get over yourself and enjoy the show and kick in a few bucks for those poor people.
  10. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that anyone who wears that on his head, schould lose his right to vote ..... and I'm from Holland.
  11. Visian

Visian Look out! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Correction... they flew most of the way there on an even more expensive airplane. :lol3

OK, Neale will kill me for that one. :rofl
  12. SourKraut

SourKraut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Agreed.

I watched the first two episodes and have the third one saved on the dvr. What a disappointment that they couldn't find people who knew how to ride? I'm still trying to figure out what the point is but all the fake drama is really annoying - to the point where now I've got to see the third episode. :rofl

After seeing the footage at the BMW performance center I'd have never taken those folks out into the desert unless it was in a land cruiser. Still, as entertainment goes there's far worse stuff on TV. I liked it when Tits Mcgee wiped out getting in the pool - definite highlight.
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    What difference does their color make? As for the "expensive motorbikes" BMW was the sponsor, so it isn't surprising they didn't ride KLRs.:deal

Jim :brow
  14. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    OK, you didn't get the irony then :lol3
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    No, I got a twisted view of what you think is ironic.

Would the show have been better with an African American, a Jew and an Asian?

16. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    If they were rich, no. Don't focus on the 'white' comment, focus on the fact that for them it was this great heroic event and at the end of the day, they delivered a single laptop to the orphanage. They made a big deal about this being some great humanitarian effort when in actual fact, it was just about making a 'reality' TV show.
  17. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Ignoring the "white" comment, it was just another reality show. But, at least it was about motorcycles.

18. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The fact that they are white does play a role here, so ease down on the sensitivity.
    I can asure you that afterward these orphans said to each other "did you see all the expensive stuff these white people owned?"

I'll go one step further and even suggest that if these orphans had blond hair and blue eyes, it would be a nationwide story in the US media and truckloads of charity money would be streaming in right now.
    If it had been 4 rich latino's traveling to Peru on a bike, we would not be having this discussion, because a show like that would not have been comercially interesting enough to get aired.
    That would not appeal to the target consumer. (who is ...)

So yes, I do think that them being white, plays a fitting role in the remark about irony from Mercury264
  19. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    My experience with kids, any kids, is that the color of the skin plays little in their thoughts about others unless the adults teach them bigotry. More than likely they see the riders as rich Americans. It is the guilty feeling white people, and the bigoted that tend to make a big deal over race IMHO.

20. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do not see color, people tell me I'm white and I beleive them because I ride a BMW GS

I feel like I'm trying to explain irony to a German or something :D